Add Paint Protection Film?

Mariner46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My 2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible is going into the body shop next week to have the front bumper refreshed. A complete repaint to correct bug damage and many small chips. Afterwards, my detailer is suggesting the I install the XPEL paint protection film to this bumper to stop similar damage to my "new" bumper. Has anyone had experience with this product or similar ones? Appearance? Longevity? Cost?
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Go ! you won't regret and it is almost invisible

Also cover the mirrors also !!

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... you'll need to let the paint cure and off-gas for like 30 days no??? This is what every body shop has told me.... and yes PPF (has entire car PPFd).

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yes, let the paint cure/out gas
PPF works and with a good install it's difficult tell it's on the vehicle.

Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my hood, all the front fascia, fenders and the leading edge of the roof. No regrets but make sure you inspect the workmanship before you sign-off on the work: no bubles, no small pebbles trapped between the material and surface of the car. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Get the bulge in front of the rear wheels protected too!

I wish i had, i have a ton of chips on both sides. Front tires throw rocks right into it, ugh.

Grabbed some Rokblockz to mitigate it, but prevention is waaaaayyy better than an attempt at a cure.

I have ppf on most of the car, wish I had done in front the rear wheel wells. That spot gets wrecked. Ugh

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I've had my hood, all the front fascia, fenders and the leading edge of the roof. No regrets but make sure you inspect the workmanship before you sign-off on the work: no bubles, no small pebbles trapped between the material and surface of the car. Good luck with whatever you choose.
I need to get the leading edge of the roof done. Noticed quite a but of bug strikes there from last night trip.
For the OP, everything except the roof is protected in this photo. By adding the leading edge of the roof visible here, it will all be protected Almost 6k miles and front is still flawless Added the Rokblokz too
04090A90-E6E2-4135-A08D-E73373B3F203.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I need to get the leading edge of the roof done. Noticed quite a but of bug strikes there from last night trip.
For the OP, everything except the roof is protected in this photo. By adding the leading edge of the roof visible here, it will all be protected Almost 6k miles and front is still flawless Added the Rokblokz too
04090A90-E6E2-4135-A08D-E73373B3F203.jpeg
Do the “A” pillars as well. It’s one piece with the front of the roof. I’ve taken a couple of hits there and the PPF did it’s job.