Car just arrived and Ughhh

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Obviously the car was cared for. It’s beautiful. Try to avoid the noise from others. That little issue will get fixed, and you’ll be enjoying your 350 just like the rest of us do. These cars are amazing.

Yeah, they had no Shelby's anywhere near me at a Ford dealership. They had a 2020 near me at a Dodge dealership but they didn't want to do anything on a trade in value with me. Looking back, I probably should have gone with it. If I can get this issue squared away I will be happy because this car is immaculate and is beautiful.

IMG_0412.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yes, this is under warranty. Someone at Vroom has been assigned my case and they seem to be very receptive to paying for an oil change, key and programming, etc. The worst part of this whole ordeal is that I have been without a personal vehicle since December 22nd and at a minimum I won't be getting my car back from the Ford dealership until Monday (if I'm lucky). Luckily, the Ford dealership is keeping my car inside out of the weather.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Here's something to consider, regarding your battery, which I believe was dead/died after you got the car.
After battery replacement, or in some cases after charging the battery with an external charger, the battery management system requires eight hours of vehicle sleep time to relearn the battery state of charge. During this time your vehicle must remain fully locked with the ignition switched off. Note:Prior to relearning the battery state of charge, the battery management system may temporarily disable some electrical systems.
You say you charged the battery, and I'm guessing by hooking it up directly to the battery terminals. After charging, unless you followed the instructions in the manual as above, the car's BMS will still act as if you had a dead battery, and may not properly read the key fob.
I'm guessing you charged it up, unhooked the charger, and tried to start it. The battery might have been fully charged, but the car's computer didn't reset, and didn't know the battery was now charged. That would explain why Autozone might detect a full voltage charge, but your car still acted the same way.
The car started the first time you initially got it, then failed after that. A weak battery might've had enough power for that first startup. But then didn't get enough charging through driving the car for subsequent startups. The BMS retained the knowledge of a dead battery, because it never was reset.
If you still have the car, try charging again, but attach the negative terminal to the shock tower. This allows the BMS to properly detect the charging battery. If unable to do it that way, charge again. Then after taking off the charger, lock the car, and let it sit overnight undisturbed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Here's something to consider, regarding your battery, which I believe was dead/died after you got the car.

You say you charged the battery, and I'm guessing by hooking it up directly to the battery terminals. After charging, unless you followed the instructions in the manual as above, the car's BMS will still act as if you had a dead battery, and may not properly read the key fob.
I'm guessing you charged it up, unhooked the charger, and tried to start it. The battery might have been fully charged, but the car's computer didn't reset, and didn't know the battery was now charged. That would explain why Autozone might detect a full voltage charge, but your car still acted the same way.
The battery in the car and the fob seem to be OK. The codes showed this to be the issue:

B10C8 FORD Code - Interior Center Antenna Circuit Intermittent
B108A FORD Code - Start Button General Electrical Failure

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Saw a thing on the news a day or so back about Vroom - bunch of people waiting on titles and a general cluster. One girl had a car for a while and now vroom says they are having trouble getting the title because the owner doesnt want to sign it over...somehow a lease was involved, too.

Point being - there's a lot of bad press out there right now. I wonder if it's hurting them to the point of shutting down?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The issue with titles is in Florida, or atleast thats the one I read to. I’m sure there’s others as well. Them shutting down? Lmao. To say there well funded is an understatement.

Saw a thing on the news a day or so back about Vroom - bunch of people waiting on titles and a general cluster. One girl had a car for a while and now vroom says they are having trouble getting the title because the owner doesnt want to sign it over...somehow a lease was involved, too.

Point being - there's a lot of bad press out there right now. I wonder if it's hurting them to the point of shutting down?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The battery in the car and the fob seem to be OK. The codes showed this to be the issue:

B10C8 FORD Code - Interior Center Antenna Circuit Intermittent
B108A FORD Code - Start Button General Electrical Failure

Follow the codes, start button first, it does have the factory button? I ask cause some change the covers.

Antenna Circuit, there are folks that want to disable the network communications (off the grid) of the car. Take a look find the black box, check the cable, remove and reseat.

Hope you get to drive that car, you sure are working for it.

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Follow the codes, start button first, it does have the factory button? I ask cause some change the covers.

Antenna Circuit, there are folks that want to disable the network communications (off the grid) of the car. Take a look find the black box, check the cable, remove and reseat.

Hope you get to drive that car, you sure are working for it.
The car is at a local Ford dealership right now. I brought a blank OEM key up there yesterday evening to have them program after they resolve the issue. The service department is hopeful to diagnose the issue today and hopefully be able to secure the parts. I look forward to the day that I can actually drive my car!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Yeah, they had no Shelby's anywhere near me at a Ford dealership. They had a 2020 near me at a Dodge dealership but they didn't want to do anything on a trade in value with me. Looking back, I probably should have gone with it. If I can get this issue squared away I will be happy because this car is immaculate and is beautiful.

IMG_0412.jpg
Well one thing is for certain... the problem is NOT the color...!
You picked the best color option they offered!

Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
Well one thing is for certain... the problem is NOT the color...!
You picked the best color option they offered!
though, it does seem to be missing two white stripes. I’d send it back…:cwl:

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Update! I picked the car up from the Ford dealership today and it is running great. I have turned it off and started it several times with no issues. Of course it hasn't rained here in some time and the minute I get home it starts raining and will continue through tomorrow morning. I contacted Vroom and they're going to reimburse me for parts to change the oil, key fob and programming, interest paid on trade due to them taking so long to pay it off, and also a payment for me being without a vehicle during this process. The only weird thing is they want me to submit a W9 which means I will have to pay taxes on the payment. I sent an email back asking them why I would have to pay income taxes on them reimbursing me for purchasing parts and interest I paid so I am waiting for a response.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
What was the diagnosis?

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Update! I picked the car up from the Ford dealership today and it is running great. I have turned it off and started it several times with no issues. Of course it hasn't rained here in some time and the minute I get home it starts raining and will continue through tomorrow morning. I contacted Vroom and they're going to reimburse me for parts to change the oil, key fob and programming, interest paid on trade due to them taking so long to pay it off, and also a payment for me being without a vehicle during this process. The only weird thing is they want me to submit a W9 which means I will have to pay taxes on the payment. I sent an email back asking them why I would have to pay income taxes on them reimbursing me for purchasing parts and interest I paid so I am waiting for a response.
You are not a subcontractor nor an independent employee. Zero reason to fill out a W9. I had a business I was suing for damage caused to my property. They finally agreed after I filed the lawsuit to pay me in full and wanted me to sign a general release as well as fill out a W9. There was no way in hell I was paying taxes on a property damage claim lol. I fought them on it and they dropped that portion. No way should you fill one out.
Sponsored