Car Covers?

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Any thoughts on using a car cover indoors? There is not a lot of room between the front of my Mustang and the steps leading into the house and I am concerned about inadvertent bumps and scrapes from grocery bags and packages and the like. Also, would like to keep dust off the car during the winter months.

I was looking at this particular one: https://www.carcover.com/gold-shield-5l-car-cover-for-ford-mustang-gt-2020-convertible-2-door.html

My other concern is that I am constantly battling mice in my garage (with traps and repellant and sealing up cracks, etc - but they are persistent!). I had one get behind the trunk liner and build a nest way down on the front side of the rear wheel arch on my Z4, what a job cleaning that out was! I am concerned that a covered car would be even more inviting to mice.
Sponsored

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
I do. It’s terrible here in Arizona for dust.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
ay1820

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
At $410 for a convertible fit, the CoverKings are not cheap! The cover.com at $180 seems like a reasonable price for an indoor cover. But don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish either.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Great covers BUT...don't get them wet as they will leave smudge marks on the car for a long time as they take forEVER to dry..at least in South Texas humidity. Try washing and drying one sometime.

I am almost to the point where I want to get a non-form fitting cover that isn't Lycra for garage storage. Like an old school Wolf cover that won't soak up the H2O.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
The one you are looking at is for outdoors. I went with this one: https://www.carcover.com/black-sati...-ford-mustang-gt-2020-convertible-2-door.html I use it for winter storage mostly, not during the "season." You can wash it if needed.

I think any of the one posted here are fine, but I wouldn't use an outdoor cover indoors. I have an outdoor one for my wife's car that I throw on before a snow fall, makes cleaning off the car easier. Outdoor covers seem a bit more abrasive with their hydrophobic exteriors and robust liners.

As for mice, I use the Tomcat Repellents Rodent Repellent Continuous Spray. When I do take my vert out for a winter health run (which I do once a month on a dry day), I spray this on the garage floor where my engine would sit, then spray a shot on the top of each tire. Put the cover on, and let it sit.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Those foam float things for kids in the swimming pools, others here have referenced those as being great to hang in-between cars, or between the car and the wall, so as to prevent dings or scrapes. Being Summer now, they should be plentiful, in complimentary, Fruity Pebble-like colors.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I ordered mine from Ford with Cali Special logo on back but CoverCraft actually makes it.
I've had my GT/CS covered during thunderstorms and its kept it clean and dry.
It also has a built in storage bag. When you roll it up it it fits in bag for easy storage.
https://www.carcoverusa.com/covercraft-weathershield-hp-car-cover.php
Bob, is your car cover specifically for outdoors? I'm looking for an outdoor cover for a convertible and a black GT hardtop. Not for long term storage but just to keep them from cooking in the sun. My driveway gets a ton of sun exposure. The Ford car covers I have are for indoors I think. They will bake and turn to dust I'm sure. Are you happy with yours?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Bob, is your car cover specifically for outdoors? I'm looking for an outdoor cover for a convertible and a black GT hardtop. Not for long term storage but just to keep them from cooking in the sun. My driveway gets a ton of sun exposure. The Ford car covers I have are for indoors I think. They will bake and turn to dust I'm sure. Are you happy with yours?
Hey Tony, Its definitely rated for outdoors. I'm very happy with mine. I've had it on mostly for bad weather and its come through with flying colors. Even after a jersey thunderstorm the stang looks like new after removing it. Water beads up on it like my stang's ceramic coat! I ordered mine from Benny at Levitown Ford. He also gave me a code for free shipping. His price was best I found at the time. He did say they are made by cover craft for Ford. I would think they have them for verts as well.
Here's their link.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vkr3z-19a412-c.html
IMG_5292.jpg