daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
LC is horrible. You aren't missing out on anything. Once you drop the clutch TC intervenes constantly to make it anywhere near worthwhile.
Sponsored

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Noticed my LC on since new too. Also noticed the LC doesn't come on until it's nearly at operating temp. At first, I thought it was a sensor but couldn't determine what. Then read the manual. I leave it on too since I do a lot of autocross.

Brayzap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
so a bit of an update. I can actually the LC to display for about 10 - 20 seconds after I start the car but then it turns off. Still is ticked when I go into track apps? Time to go back to Ford I think.
This is so old but looks like i finally found someone else with this issue. Did you find out the cause? Ive had LC on for like a year and just this past week the little "LC" isnt lighting up on the dash anymore and didnt want to bother going to ford. I have a 2019

OP
OP
Hunter

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Seatbelt needs to be on... That was my issue from memory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hunter

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Thanks mate, divorced, sold the mustang, bought an RX8 Targa car and 3 motorbikes but miss my Mustang heaps... Tried to buy it back but the guy I sold it to moved it on.

Brayzap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Seatbelt needs to be on... That was my issue from memory.
Are you actually kidding?
The LC doesn't come on for me no matter what anymore, i have an appointment at Ford next week but really was trying to not pay a $150 disgnostic just for this. Its really unfair but tried everything and the LC wont pop up

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I enable LC to see when my oil temp has come up, nothing more. I notice it won't light (ever) when I'm in quiet exhaust mode, or drive mode is in rain/snow. But besides that, once it warms up enough to light LC, I know I can give it the beans.

Brayzap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I enable LC to see when my oil temp has come up, nothing more. I notice it won't light (ever) when I'm in quiet exhaust mode, or drive mode is in rain/snow. But besides that, once it warms up enough to light LC, I know I can give it the beans.
Mine wont come up anymore no matter what, like all the sudden the LC doesnt show on the dash

Sponsored

Brayzap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Yep, sounds like a diagnostic is warranted then.
I just cant believe THEIR computer ecu is messed up and they have the nerve to charge me $150 for just a diagnostic. This isnt like an engine wear and tear component, nobody can "make" launch control stop working

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I just cant believe THEIR computer ecu is messed up and they have the nerve to charge me $150 for just a diagnostic. This isnt like an engine wear and tear component, nobody can "make" launch control stop working
Right now, you don't know what you don't know. It could be that your oil temp isn't coming up, or the oil temp sensor _did_ stop working, or... something else you didn't consider. That's why diagnostics will help.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it’s different on a euro, but my LC comes on about a mile after a cold start - there’s no way I would class it as warm enough to give it full beans and / or an indicator that the oil is up to temp.

Watching the digi dash, I’m pretty sure it’s based on cylinder head temp as the LC becomes active at the same value every time :like:

WD :like:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I haven't actually used mine but I've seen these threads a couple times and I think the answer has to do with the driver not holding the brake long enough to activate it. Might want to check into that.
Holding the brake long enough if for the line lock feature.

Brayzap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Right now, you don't know what you don't know. It could be that your oil temp isn't coming up, or the oil temp sensor _did_ stop working, or... something else you didn't consider. That's why diagnostics will help.
How could oil temp not come up driving the car for hours though?
Sponsored