Sponsored

Can we consider the Mach 1 a Shelby GT350 with an automatic transmission?

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Right, I know I will be attacked by the manual tranny lovers but it's just not for me. I learned how to drive a car when I was 16 on a manual transmission Skoda POS (piece of shit) and haven't driven a manual transmission car for like 20 years so I pretty much suck at it. So I got me a Subaru WRX STi in 2018 because I wanted to polish up my manual skills but that was a big mistake, I sucked at it so bad that I eventually sold it within a month.

I loved the exhaust note mostly when I heard the Shelby GT350 but the fact that it came in a manual only kinda swayed me away. I cannot afford the GT500 so I got the Mach 1 which I love and I love how planted it feels although the exhaust note is not as loud and dramatic as the GT350 was but speaking about power and handling, do you think they're comparable? I know the GT350 has a flat plane crank which is a completely different engine but looking at the torque figures, they are very similar.

I have never driven a car which handles as good as the Mach 1, to be honest, I had a 2018 BMW M4 competition and the car I just owned before the Mach 1 was a 2012 BMW M3 Convertible but they were not as planted and confidence inspiring when taking sharp corners at high speeds as the Mach 1 is.

Your thoughts?
Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Quick, run Spartan run...there's a horde of GT350 guys heading in here right now to tell you how so much waaay mooor special their cars are! :)

I had the opposite issue as the A10 was way to boring for my to DD so I had to get another M6 for the experience. Seriously though they're both great and special in their own ways, everyone gets a trophy.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Even if the GT350 came in a auto I won`t consider the MACH 1 to be a replacement. Its just a different car that ford now offers but I suppose you could compare them because of price point.

To call a MACH 1 a GT350 with a auto is silly in my opinion.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I don't see the GT350 ever getting an automatic transmission. What I do see is them getting what the GT500 has. But even that's a huge maybe for me. Personally, I would love to see a true sequential, but I know that's a pipe dream.
Being that the GT350 stopped production in 2020, how could it?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I always post about stuff I don't keep up with nor car about too.

forums r zbest! The next post should be a Hillary pivot for sure.

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
You gave up after a month? C'mon man, everyone sucks for their first several hundred (if not thousand) miles driving manual. As long as you could get moving from a stop and find your way through the rest of the gears, the rest would come to you eventually.

I grew up with autos and used to hate the manual snobs, swearing by the practical and performance superiority of autos... and then I became a manual snob after a few visits to the track and purchasing my ol' 2015 GT PP, heh. I basically learned how to drive that car on the way home from the dealership, and it was pretty ugly for a solid year or so after (especially with modern rev hang fucking up my shifts), but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Anyway, I digress. The Mach 1 is great. Let's stop comparing it to it's siblings and just enjoy it for what it is. We don't need to compare our dicks to each other's to enjoy those, so why do we compare our cars?

Last edited:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Someone must've pissed in your cheerios this morning. I'll post what I want
Nope, just corrected your post and you got all pissie in your reply about not caring.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Even if the GT350 came in a auto I won`t consider the MACH 1 to be a replacement. Its just a different car that ford now offers but I suppose you could compare them because of price point.

To call a MACH 1 a GT350 with a auto is silly in my opinion.
Because their engines don't grenade?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Maybe we should try not to be Twat Waffles© to each other... just a thought!

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase

This Twat Waffle© stuff just never gets old... at least to me.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Because their engines don't grenade?
I like the 5.0L more and even think it sounds better. But doesn't mean I think a MACH 1 is a gt350 replacement.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
My buddy and I have this similar debate every time we meet up.

There is always going to be a direct comparison between the two. Gt350 was discontinued and a year later the Mach 1 shows up.

The Mach 1 borrows so many items from the 350 it's almost impossible not to compare them.

We have run our cars against each other a few times. From a dig, it's no contest. My a10 outruns him to 80. But so does every other a10.

Breaking is spot on with each other even though I don't have the HP. Probably due to new tech on the Mach 1 magnrides and newer tires.

A couple turns are thrown in and he can put a couple car lengths ahead of me.

I've always wanted a gt350. But due to an amputation 20 years ago I only have one leg. The Mach 1 fit the bill after driving my 2014 GT for the past 8 years.
Sponsored