Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350
How's everyone doing here this evening?

I've been trying to get a hold of a set of caliperflexion studs and extenders for my front brake calipers through the website but I haven't had luck getting a response through the contact form.

Anyone have a set they would be willing to sell? Or - know of a retailer where I could buy a set?

2017 Shelby GT-350 with the GT-350R caliper upgrade kit from Ford performance if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have a set of the studs and extensions that came off my car. Happy to sell them to you. I won’t need them again

OP
OP
Blue_Voodoo5.2

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I have a set of the studs and extensions that came off my car. Happy to sell them to you. I won’t need them again
Awesome, that works. Send me an email at the following and we can work out payment and shipping.

[email protected]

Thanks for the quick response.

OP
OP
Blue_Voodoo5.2

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Hey bud, never saw an email come through?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hey bud, never saw an email come through?
Weird. It's in my sent folder. Mind checking junk folder/verifying email above? I copy pasted it, so it should be the right one

Sponsored

melown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R / '13 GTI
Is there another set? I should have gotten a set 2 years ago! Same predicament.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Stand by on the Caliperfexion studs :cool:

melown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R / '13 GTI
Stand by on the Caliperfexion studs :cool:

Very exciting if true!! Please let us know about it. Need to change brake pads before next year at some point.. haha. And I don't feel like having to do the one time use bolts and damage more aluminum on the knuckle.

only 2 track days and 13000 miles on the R car and original pads. I am not at the wear sensor yet on the fronts, but I need to change them before more track time.

Can anyone recommend the Ferodo pads on the GT350? The stock pads are great and I have no complaints with all sorts of canyon/spirited driving over 13000 miles with 2 light-medium track days. I didn't sense any fade but I wasn't setting any lap times.

On a C6 Z51 Corvette, I used to run Ferodo ds2500s which was a good club racing pad and street pad with low/no noise, but only lasted 3 hard track days. Makes sense since they are a light-medium duty track pad that still works on the street. I then started using ferodo ds.11 endurance pads which were amazing but not street drivable due to excessive noise.

Sponsored

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Very exciting if true!! Please let us know about it. Need to change brake pads before next year at some point.. haha. And I don't feel like having to do the one time use bolts and damage more aluminum on the knuckle.

only 2 track days and 13000 miles on the R car and original pads. I am not at the wear sensor yet on the fronts, but I need to change them before more track time.

Can anyone recommend the Ferodo pads on the GT350? The stock pads are great and I have no complaints with all sorts of canyon/spirited driving over 13000 miles with 2 light-medium track days. I didn't sense any fade but I wasn't setting any lap times.

On a C6 Z51 Corvette, I used to run Ferodo ds2500s which was a good club racing pad and street pad with low/no noise, but only lasted 3 hard track days. Makes sense since they are a light-medium duty track pad that still works on the street. I then started using ferodo ds.11 endurance pads which were amazing but not street drivable due to excessive noise.
One recommendation, in the absence of the studs, is to take a long McMaster shoulder bolt and thread it in to replace the stock caliper bolts one at a time. In this way, everything is already aligned and under no load -> no blind trying to find/catch the thread. Torque them on lightly, then slide the caliper back in the same way you would using the studs with extensions.

yes, you will still have to thread in and out of the aluminum knuckle, but its way easier than doing it while trying to support the caliper, get it lined up, and blind starting it.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
One recommendation, in the absence of the studs, is to take a long McMaster shoulder bolt and thread it in to replace the stock caliper bolts one at a time. In this way, everything is already aligned and under no load -> no blind trying to find/catch the thread. Torque them on lightly, then slide the caliper back in the same way you would using the studs with extensions.

yes, you will still have to thread in and out of the aluminum knuckle, but its way easier than doing it while trying to support the caliper, get it lined up, and blind starting it.
Where is the best place to source and what length did you use?

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Where is the best place to source and what length did you use?
I'm sorry I'm dealing with family travel and finding out I have a brain tumor recently (not as dramatic as it sounds, it is operable), otherwise I'd just drop by the post office and send you mine (I got a caliperfexion kit).

Here is the pic of what I ordered from McMaster. I can't remember if I ended up using them before I got the caliperfexion kit or not, so hopefully its right!

1665601229092.png

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
I'm sorry I'm dealing with family travel and finding out I have a brain tumor recently (not as dramatic as it sounds, it is operable), otherwise I'd just drop by the post office and send you mine (I got a caliperfexion kit).

Here is the pic of what I ordered from McMaster. I can't remember if I ended up using them before I got the caliperfexion kit or not, so hopefully its right!

1665601229092.png
Okay, first of all -- damn, sorry to hear about your condition and the best of thoughts it's rectified swiftly. Second... thanks for the bolt information - very kind.

Be well!
Sponsored