Sponsored

Caliperfexion socket (9/16" 12 point star drive!?)

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I have a pretty solid collection of tools... but where the #3ll do you find this unicorn?
I have a bunch of eTorx - they are not 12 point... I have spline drive - which will work but will probably grove up the nut... Weird AF choice of a nut IMHO... so - where does one find the correct socket for this thing?

And do not tell me vise grips - I will yell at you if you do that...
Sponsored

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AngelDeath holy actual $#!T - talk about being way too literal...

Instructions for Caliperfexion brake studs said in there somewhere "12 point 9/16" star drive socket" - so I was thinking "this is something special"...
So you post and I click on the link to a regular socket and suddenly the lights come on...

WTF - it's just a 9/16... the kind you USUALLY use for unintentional rounding off of nuts because it doesn't have the bite of a 6 side one... WOW.

I'm giving myself the trying too hard award on this one!

Man - I wish I could lock this thread from comments to prevent the ridicule I'm about to endure...

Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
@AngelDeath holy actual $#!T - talk about being way too literal...

Instructions for Caliperfexion brake studs said in there somewhere "12 point 9/16" star drive socket" - so I was thinking "this is something special"...
So you post and I click on the link to a regular socket and suddenly the lights come on...

WTF - it's just a 9/16... the kind you USUALLY use for unintentional rounding off of nuts because it doesn't have the bite of a 6 side one... WOW.

I'm giving myself the trying too hard award on this one!

Man - I wish I could lock this thread from comments to prevent the ridicule I'm about to endure...
Vice grips!! :giggle::giggle:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Legit - i deserve that...

but I'm gonna try my teeth first...

right after I hit it with my purse...
Purse?

So that means you have officially resigned your man card. Hand it over...

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Lesson learned: I keep the extension studs and (extra) socket in the center console along with the wheel lock.

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Look @AngelDeath - I don't own one... but I'm just sayin... it's 2021... and apparently men can have purses too...
My amazon link to offset your simple socket solution links

I'd hand over my man card... but my nails are drying...
Technically they are now called "Murse". And if it doesnt fit in my wallet it doesn't come with me, I'll be dead and buried before you catch me in that, next you'll wear it like a back pack and start skipping singing tip toe through the tulips.

And your nails are drying? Seriously where is it I'll just get it cause this can take a while with those meat hooks of yours...

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Technically they are now called "Murse". And if it doesnt fit in my wallet it doesn't come with me, I'll be dead and buried before you catch me in that, next you'll wear it like a back pack and start skipping singing tip toe through the tulips.

And your nails are drying? Seriously where is it I'll just get it cause this can take a while with those meat hooks of yours...
I lied about my nails... I actually lost the card and can't turn it over... ironically... when I was "skipping singing tip toe through the tulips"

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Caballus - STOP IT - I just wasted 5 minutes on the Seinfeld... now I'm gonna waste another 4 on this one... I'm trying to be productive here!

EDIT : and now I will be talking like that all day to my wife - and she will be annoyed - and i'm sending her this link and blaming you.... THANKS!
Sponsored