MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
No, I get that. But when I posted at 211 it said 7:24. When he replied it changed the time to his zone?

When you post, the server records a time, then it displays that time to the user with the time shifted to account for their selected timezone (in their profile), i.e., your post as it appears to me:

upload_2019-11-14_16-43-24.png

(same TZ)

Now, I change my preferences from EST to PST:

upload_2019-11-14_16-41-33.png

And now it's 3 hours earlier (relative to your TZ vs. my new TZ)

upload_2019-11-14_16-42-38.png

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That UTC value (Coordinated Universal Time, also known as GMT), is the shift from the global centralized reference time, it's currently 9:45p (21:45) UTC, - 5 hours for EST = 4:45p :)

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
When you post, the server records a time, then it displays that time to the user with the time shifted to account for their selected timezone (in their profile), i.e., your post as it appears to me:

upload_2019-11-14_16-43-24.png

(same TZ)

Now, I change my preferences from EST to PST:

upload_2019-11-14_16-41-33.png

And now it's 3 hours earlier (relative to your TZ vs. my new TZ)

upload_2019-11-14_16-42-38.png
But I am in Florida. Guess I will work on it around 4:30 a.m. tomorrow morning.....:ontheloo:

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
That UTC value (Coordinated Universal Time, also known as GMT), is the shift from the global centralized reference time, it's currently 9:45p (21:45) UTC, - 5 hours for EST = 4:45p :)
So I now assume you're a software dev?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So I now assume you're a software dev?
Heavens no. He has a sextant and a 3" thick binder of historical sunrise and sunset times going back to the 15th century that he consults along with his trusty wind-up pocket watch. Or he sets his clock by when the lead cow nuzzles the pasture gate waiting to be let in.

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You're older than I expected. Seems like you should be in a vette
thatā€™s hilarious. I know itā€™s cliche, but itā€™s also true. Twice in my life have I met young vette owners. Once was on a drive in Irvine and once was by a ZR1 owner in 2011 showing my Cobra his taillights :(

Thing was sincerely fast.

I ALWAYS see retirees in the vette. which, hey, good on ā€˜em. Enjoy it.

But itā€™s definitely not seen as a young persons car. In fairness, I donā€™t think itā€™s lack of desire. Itā€™s lack of income.

will be interesting to see what the GT500 demographics end up being.

my uncle is a retired tax man and loves his vette.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
thatā€™s hilarious. I know itā€™s cliche, but itā€™s also true. Twice in my life have I met young vette owners. Once was on a drive in Irvine and once was by a ZR1 owner in 2011 showing my Cobra his taillights :(

But itā€™s definitely not seen as a young persons car. In fairness, I donā€™t think itā€™s lack of desire. Itā€™s lack of income.

Maybe location? There are quite a few younger guys here in Vegas with Vettes.. in fact I think I know more on the younger side then the older side. That said itā€™s not top of the line Z06ā€™s or ZR1ā€™s. Usually used C6 or older C7ā€™s. I looked hard at Challengers and Camaroā€™s. Settled on the Mustang due to the price. Iā€™m sure I couldā€™ve got a base stingray, but I just canā€™t have a car without all the bells and whistles now and that put the Vette out of my price range on one Iā€™d like to have. Now lifeā€™s been great and I could easily afford a 85k car. Thatā€™s one reason why Iā€™ll have a C8 on my list.. but yeah I bet price has some to do with it..

Sponsored
OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Maybe location? There are quite a few younger guys here in Vegas with Vettes.. in fact I think I know more on the younger side then the older side. That said itā€™s not top of the line Z06ā€™s or ZR1ā€™s. Usually used C6 or older C7ā€™s. I looked hard at Challengers and Camaroā€™s. Settled on the Mustang due to the price. Iā€™m sure I couldā€™ve got a base stingray, but I just canā€™t have a car without all the bells and whistles now and that put the Vette out of my price range on one Iā€™d like to have. Now lifeā€™s been great and I could easily afford a 85k car. Thatā€™s one reason why Iā€™ll have a C8 on my list.. but yeah I bet price has some to do with it..
could be location. I just know what Iā€™ve seen for myself. But thatā€™s obviously not representative of the world.

and Iā€™d bet income is why. Not just the price of entry, but factoring insurance, maintenance, etc.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
could be location. I just know what Iā€™ve seen for myself. But thatā€™s obviously not representative of the world.

and Iā€™d bet income is why. Not just the price of entry, but factoring insurance, maintenance, etc.
tooo many people buy cars now a days without thinking of cost of ownership. I know a guy bought a GTR, canā€™t afford any of the proper maintenance.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
You're older than I expected. Seems like you should be in a vette

Bought my first Corvette when I was 26. A leftover 1987 as the 1988s were arriving. GM discount plus big dealer discounts to move the past model product plus excellent credit union financing made it possible. Insurance almost shelved the deal until I got a beater and could call the Corvette my 2nd car (I was single at the time). I actually had ordered a 1984 four years earlier when C4 first launched, but I never took delivery. It was way back in the order queue and then some family things came up and I wound up helping one of my brothers deal with that financially and just let the dealer sell the car for the profit he wasnā€™t gonna get from me buying it at GM discount.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado

I love vettes and would probably have one if it wasnt for the occasional need for the backseat for the kids. Then again, my hair is starting to go gray so maybe I just fit the demographic. Ha

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm too old for a Vette! They have the stigma of being for guys in their 50s - 60s, trying to relive their younger days. When I was considering buying one, my entire family was strongly against it.
Sponsored