Sponsored

C8 just got crushed and humiliated by the GT500

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
wrong again.

Since only the debut GT500 and GT500 track pack have been revealed, that’s what gets compared to the C8 and Z51. and in this comparison, the title is correct.

when the Z06 and ZR1 come out, they must also compete with the top tier GT500s AT THAT TIME, specifically the KR.

You can’t go around so hurt about the 500 that you insist it competes against future, unannounced, unrevealed, and unreleased cars.

That’s weird bro.

and, since you brought it up, trollish.
Not so much. And not so fast there. GT500KR, GT500 XYZ, it doesn't matter. The title says the C8 got crushed and humiliated by the GT500. Yet we have not yet seen every C8. Nor every GT500 if you want to bring that up and to be fair. So if the GT500KR comes out and the C8 ZR1 comes out and the ZR1 beats it then you will have to admit that the title is wrong. LOL! And back to my point, this very thread was created out of spite because of the C8 vs GT350 thread. So the goal post was moved from the GT350 and the GT500 had to step in. EIther way is fine. I don't think the top C8s will be matched by any FE RWD car that exists. Looking at what we have already seen from a NA 495 HP Base C8 I think a low weight forced induction version in the 600 HP range will make mincemeat of the Domestic competition. I know it's a hard pill to swallow.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Changing the subject a bit...Motor-trend finally admits the effed up on the corvette dyno.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/che...28F44E966DF60126522EAB2C8C7A9589F661AE6673B1D

Basically, they blame the dyno operator. Had they been real journalists, they would have noticed the exaggerated results and investigated first instead of reporting out bad information. It's par for the course with the time we live in though.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The title of this thread is wrong by the way. It says the "C8" where technically it is just one trim of the C8. The GT500 would have to crush and humiliate the Grand Sport, Z06, ZR1, and any other trims that pop up. And I doubt that will happen. We still have yet to see the C8 and GT500 side by side in a comparison. But the crazy thing is that you guys claim the Camaro guys are trying to put the C8 against the GT500 because the Camaro doesn't stand a chance. Yet it seems that this is far from the truth or reality. The C8 got compared to the GT350 in a different thread. That pissed you guys off. However the ZL1 had already beaten the GT350R so there was no reason for the C8 to step in. That thread seemed more like it was a comparison based on HP, performance, and price. Yet it pissed you guys off so here comes this thread as a response, lol!! So who are the triggered ones? More on that later. So this thread is now comparing the GT500 to the C8 and it was from you guys. So what is really happening is the GT500 is being tasked with stepping in for the GT350R against the C8. And for the record, I have not seen any of these "trolls" try to push the GT500 off on the C8. You guys calling everyone "trolls" are the ones who did that.

So the thread is wrong. The GT500 might beat the 2020 Base and Z51 C8 when they are tested. The other C8s will be arriving shortly after that. SO since this thread was started and says the GT500 "crushed and humiliated" the C8, are you going to turn and say that the goal posts are being pushed back when the higher trim C8s arrive or will you still stick to your thought that the GT500 will crush them as well? Or will it be fair since those are C8s? I'm just curious on what I should expect. Also, YOU all changed the goal posts from the GT350R to the GT500. Just so you know.
Those other C8s are just speculation at this point.

I remember all you Chevy guys were on here saying how great the C8 would be and how cheap it was and how basically all other cars are going to be obsolete. Now the reviewers have driven the C8 and it's good, but doesn't live up to the crazy ideas you Chevy guys were barfing out all over this forum.

Now you say - just wait 'til the C8s big brother gets here. Yes, we know the C8 sucks, but the big brother will be great. Yup.

Oh, and the ZL1 lost to the GT350R. The reviewers said they would rather have the GT350. So if you personally want a ZL1, you should be able to get a great deal on one. Not too many people want them.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I remember all you Chevy guys were on here saying how great the C8 would be and how cheap it was and how basically all other cars are going to be obsolete. Now the reviewers have driven the C8 and it's good, but doesn't live up to the crazy ideas you Chevy guys were barfing out all over this forum.

Now you say - just wait 'til the C8s big brother gets here. Yes, we know the C8 sucks, but the big brother will be great. Yup.
Sounds like the same shit these same camaro fanbois use to spew all over here and c6g they just can't face reality there new car like there old car isn't Gods gift to the automotive world.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
when the Z06 and ZR1 come out, they must also compete with the top tier GT500s AT THAT TIME, specifically the KR.

You can’t go around so hurt about the 500 that you insist it competes against future, unannounced, unrevealed, and unreleased cars.
When did Ford announce the new GT500KR? Must have missed it.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those other C8s are just speculation at this point.

Oh, and the ZL1 lost to the GT350R. The reviewers said they would rather have the GT350. So if you personally want a ZL1, you should be able to get a great deal on one. Not too many people want them.
I still think the C8 is a great deal. And at the price for the performance you get I think it blows everything away. That is unless you know of another car that can match it for $65,000. The reviews to me lived right up to my expectations. I think it performed perfectly well and I am impressed. Even more so because I can afford one. And so can many others. And the deals out there on the ZL1 are good too. To get a car that performs on these levels for these prices is a bargain and a half. However my money is tied up elsewhere. Cars are not the most important thing in life. And getting upset over them on an internet forum isn't important either.

Maybe you think the C8 sucks and that is all well and good. You are entitled to think whatever you want. And yes I know the ZL1 lost. But it rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way when it came in behind the ZL1 in performance measurements. Regardless of which car won they both are still great and nothing can be taken away from them. But it still seems that the GT500 is stepping in for the outmatched GT350R. That is why I said that the goal posts were being moved by you guys. But hey if that is the case then it is fine.

1sml

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Changing the subject a bit...Motor-trend finally admits the effed up on the corvette dyno.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/che...28F44E966DF60126522EAB2C8C7A9589F661AE6673B1D

Basically, they blame the dyno operator. Had they been real journalists, they would have noticed the exaggerated results and investigated first instead of reporting out bad information. It's par for the course with the time we live in though.
And you see Garbage Motors did not say anything about it being wrong either .This is a great title name for this page.:crackup::cwl:

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
When did Ford announce the new GT500KR? Must have missed it.
yeah. So you missed the whole point about making unannounced cars compete against currently revealed and releasing cars.
Good job.

Homie was saying that you can’t brag about the 500 until it beats future, unannounced, unreavealed, unavailable, unseen versions of the C8.

your argument actually applies to the post I replied to, which pit the actual, real, debut GT500 against vaporware.

So I simply threw that “logic” back at him, using the (currently also vaporware) unannounced KR.

Y’all love to come up with weird ideas with the hoops the 500.somehow still must jump through even after it already jumped a hoop in the form of a “weight class” and did it’s damage. But it’s “oh. Let’s get back to announced cars. Where was your car announced?” Etc. Etc.when the same... no... actually more logical hoops are set up for your car as well.

Comedy.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah. So you missed the whole point about making unannounced cars compete against currently revealed and releasing cars.
Good job.

Homie was saying that you can’t brag about the 500 until it beats future, unannounced, unreavealed, unavailable, unseen versions of the C8.

your argument actually applies to the post I replied to, which pit the actual, real, debut GT500 against vaporware.

So I simply threw that “logic” back at him, using the (currently also vaporware) unannounced KR.

Y’all love to come up with weird ideas with the hoops the 500.somehow still must jump through even after it already jumped a hoop in the form of a “weight class” and did it’s damage. But it’s “oh. Let’s get back to announced cars. Where was your car announced?” Etc. Etc.when the same... no... actually more logical hoops are set up for your car as well.

Comedy.
Since you want to play games. I acknowledged that throwing the GT500KR in is fair. So include that in your comment. But I can see how anything positive or anything in agreement with you that I said doesn't fit your narrative of me being a "troll". So again since you want to play games, here is what I said in regards to your KR comments.
Yet we have not yet seen every C8. Nor every GT500 if you want to bring that up and to be fair.
I am sure there will be one. And it will be a beast for sure. But it will have some big shoes to fill.
There was no logic thrown back at me because I straight up agreed with you, acknowledged the KR, and said it was fair to bring it up. And I never said you can't "brag". I said that there are still other trims of the "C8" that are not yet out. So to say that the GT500 "crushed" the C8 is incorrect. If you want to say that it crushed the Base and Z51 C8 then we will have to wait until they are tested to see for sure.

I don't want or care for the GT500 to jump thru hoops. It needs to battle the ZL1. That is it. YOU pitted it against the C8 in response to the thread about the C8 vs the GT350R. So you gave the C8 hoops to jump thru. And here you are claiming that others did. So tell me, who exactly do you guys want to battle the GT500 and let's explore that. Cut out the games. I already said I would love to see it against the ZL1. Is that fair or am I moving goal posts or setting the bar too high or giving the GT500 hoops to jump thru or what? Which version of the GT500 are we supposed to see battle which version of which car? I'm seriously asking so that none of you can continue falsely accusing me of changing goals or whatever.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

It was obvious. But anything to wip a few dipshits into a frenzy.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe you think the C8 sucks and that is all well and good. You are entitled to think whatever you want.
I don't think the C8 sucks, and I haven't driven one yet so there's limits on what we all know about it. I'm glad in principle that GM is building lots of sporty 2 seat cars.

I do wish the C8 weighed about 500 fewer pounds and had a manual transmission available. Those are the biggest flaws as far as I'm concerned, based on what I know right now. I really don't like the mandatory detachable top either.

I really was hoping the C8 would be a car I'd love and it would be just a matter of time before I might buy one. But right now I think C6 is about the newest generation of Corvette that I have serious interest in. The newer models seem to be going in a different direction than I would prefer.

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Since you want to play games. I acknowledged that throwing the GT500KR in is fair. So include that in your comment. But I can see how anything positive or anything in agreement with you that I said doesn't fit your narrative of me being a "troll". So again since you want to play games, here is what I said in regards to your KR comments.

There was no logic thrown back at me because I straight up agreed with you, acknowledged the KR, and said it was fair to bring it up. And I never said you can't "brag". I said that there are still other trims of the "C8" that are not yet out. So to say that the GT500 "crushed" the C8 is incorrect. If you want to say that it crushed the Base and Z51 C8 then we will have to wait until they are tested to see for sure.

I don't want or care for the GT500 to jump thru hoops. It needs to battle the ZL1. That is it. YOU pitted it against the C8 in response to the thread about the C8 vs the GT350R. So you gave the C8 hoops to jump thru. And here you are claiming that others did. So tell me, who exactly do you guys want to battle the GT500 and let's explore that. Cut out the games. I already said I would love to see it against the ZL1. Is that fair or am I moving goal posts or setting the bar too high or giving the GT500 hoops to jump thru or what? Which version of the GT500 are we supposed to see battle which version of which car? I'm seriously asking so that none of you can continue falsely accusing me of changing goals or whatever.
nobody is playing games but you with your imaginary competition for the 500.

So here, have an imaginary 500 to compete with your imaginary C8.

*gives poor sap an imaginary KR.*

*poor sap doesn’t understand what just happened and still pits the real GT500?against his imaginary cars*

I’m sorry man. I really am. I couldn’t imagine how this would be that difficult for you. apparently, the trauma has eradicated any rational ability to think reasonably.

welp, good luck with that.

you are the one who was so triggered by the 500 being so good versus the c8 (which is what you and your buddies were putting up as the standard for it to beat - leaving the zl1 out). Then, again... YOU are the one who couldn’t handle it and decided to not give credit until the 500 beat imaginary vapor ware. That’s on you buddy. You went there. My part was simple - showing you how ridiculous it was.

And now that there is nowhere else to go, you want to go back to the car we’ve all been saying all along was the competition for the 500-the zl1. That’s what I’ve been saying ever since you guys started the c8 nonsense. And it was serious David and Goliath stuff when the 500 ate it for breakfast. If the c8 won that comparison, you’d never let up about it. So yeah, it’s awesome that you guys tried to stack the deck and it still didn’t matter. So now we are back to where we should have been all along: 500 vs zl1.

No more talk about imaginary vettes from you moving forward.

Last edited:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nobody is playing games but you with your imaginary competition for the 500.

So here, have an imaginary 500 to compete with your imaginary C8.

*gives poor sap an imaginary KR.*

*poor sap doesn’t understand what just happened and still pits the real GT500?against his imaginary cars*

I’m sorry man. I really am. I couldn’t imagine how this would be that difficult for you. apparently, the trauma has eradicated any rational ability to think reasonably.

welp, good luck with that.

you are the one who was so triggered by the 500 being so good versus the c8 (which is what you and your buddies were putting up as the standard for it to beat - leaving the zl1 out). Then, again... YOU are the one who couldn’t handle it and decided to not give credit until the 500 beat imaginary vapor ware. That’s on you buddy. You went there. My part was simple - showing you how ridiculous it was.

And now that there is nowhere else to go, you want to go back to the car we’ve all been saying all along was the competition for the 500-the zl1. That’s what I’ve been saying ever since you guys started the c8 nonsense. And it was serious David and Goliath stuff when the 500 ate it for breakfast. If the c8 won that comparison, you’d never let up about it. So yeah, it’s awesome that you guys tried to stack the deck and it still didn’t matter. So now we are back to where we should have been all along: 500 vs zl1.

No more talk about imaginary vettes from you moving forward.
I think you dropped a few marbles. Moving forward, I don't think there is any more room to try to reason with you. I'll leave it for someone with more tolerance than I have.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the C8 sucks, and I haven't driven one yet so there's limits on what we all know about it. I'm glad in principle that GM is building lots of sporty 2 seat cars.

I do wish the C8 weighed about 500 fewer pounds and had a manual transmission available. Those are the biggest flaws as far as I'm concerned, based on what I know right now. I really don't like the mandatory detachable top either.

I really was hoping the C8 would be a car I'd love and it would be just a matter of time before I might buy one. But right now I think C6 is about the newest generation of Corvette that I have serious interest in. The newer models seem to be going in a different direction than I would prefer.
I hear ya man. personally I think we have some good choices between Vettes and GT500s and ZL1s. Even the GT350s and the SSs out there are really good. In 2-3 years there will be some great cars available on the used market at great prices. My biggest problem now is choosing. I wouldn't want to get a Vette and then see that the GT500s are going for MSRP and know that I could have bought one of those instead. Tho at $75,000 it might be a bit of a stretch.
Sponsored