Sponsored

Buying a 2018 ecoboost soon

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Ecoboost Mustang I run 93 octane gas all the time and she goes like crazy. She handles better than any car I've ever had and I followed a Supra down the interstate at 120 mph. Burn 93 octane only if you want the best performance. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
If your not planning on really driving the GT like its meant to be driven the ecoboost can actually work better as a daily driver running around in it. I was certain I wanted a GT after I had the ecoboost for awhile. I test drove 5 different ones. My wife test drove the one automatic. She didn't get on it and probably never over 3500 in the test drive. Her words were get what you want but that GT is a dog compared to the ecoboost. Then I drove the GT with her and took to red line and she was then impressed but said she will never run it like that. Short shifting and having a good sport suspension on the ecoboost is a lot more capable and fun then it gets credit for. BUT is will never sound great and it does suck to have to tell someone that its the 4 cyl.

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I love my Ecoboost. I'm a little afraid to do any engine modifications or tunes because of the things I've heard about guys blowing up their engines, but if you plan to keep the engine stock then you should be fine. I've got 20K miles on mine, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have a 2015 EB full bolt one since day one. Only issue I ever had was my aftermarket turbo blowing due to compressor surge, so now back on the stock turbo and she still purrs and I've driven her hard on the Autobahn for the last 3 years. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

I test drove both and preferred the EB, Then again most of my cars have been turbos and I love the feel and sound of turbos. Most GT guys who put down EBs have never driven one. Those who have generally have more respect for them.
If FP ever does a tune for the 18s they will be epic. It's going to be an uphill battle though as a FoMoCo Europe friend of mine told me the bean counters were not happy that the tune on the 15-17s put the performance too close to that of the GT for comfort. If it does come expect it to be $1k + versus the $5-600 it is now. The current FP tune (and Cobb stage 1 $500) are worth every penny on these cars.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
There really is no need for a V8, and she said she wanted the turbo4. She has a V8 in her 65 Mustang.
And as a mere man we will not question what the bride wants. :D It doesn't take a smart man long to learn that. :thumbsup:

I'm quite sure my dearest would be happy with the EB. But she said she wanted a new Convertible in Rudy Red, the Tan interior with an automatic tranny, and I could pick out the engine and options. Guess which I went with. :headbang:

Post some pics when she gets that new baby home.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Care to enlighten us?
As I found out when looking to upgrade, if driving it around under 3500 rpm it really doesn't have a lot of pull compared to all these 4cyl and especially 6cyl turbo cars out there now. But running it from 5000 to 7000 rpm it's about as good as it gets. So as many on here explained to me that's the way its meant to be driven.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I love mine, 2016 Premium PP. I have 5 other V8 Mustangs so I really had no need for another one but wanted a good DD. Got a smoking deal on It and have since put on the FP tune, exhaust, and suspension bits and haven’t had an issue in 13k miles. Hate the tires but that will soon be resolved. A Premium PP is the way to go.

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
I just hit 3000 miles on my Ecoboost PP A10. So far, I love it. Sport + mode really makes it a fun car to drive.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Your VS2+ blew???
Yeah it did, to thier credit, Vargas is replacing it under warranty. They think it was compressor surge due to not having a big enough blow off valve. ( I have a DV+). I think that the compressor wheel is just too big for a stock engine. I can see from my logs that the throttle body is partially closing to keep boost at 25 psi. Without having a flow chart for this turbo, I can't be 100% sure but I think it's very possible that's moving the line into the surge line. I'm probably going to keep on the stock turbo until I build the block, then put the VS2+ back on.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The 15-17 EB/PP has a TSB for brake squel, I am not sure if the issue was resolved in the 18. I had mine replaced for free and the problem was resolved. As far as 4 cylinder Turbos go, the Ford 2.3 is a strong performer, and with the new A-10, the 18s should be the fastest Turbo Mustang. I would recommend the PP Premium. The bigger brakes and better suspension really bring out the best in the car. Also, the Shaker pro system sounds much better than the standard shaker. We Went with the Turbo so the wife could use it to commute to work and she loves the car.

Last edited:

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
The biggest thing I have against the ecoboost is that I like the sound of a V8 and it is an important part of what I want in a performance car.

If the wife wants the ecoboost and it's for her, than that is all that matters. When I was married, my ex-wife and I bought whatever individual vehicle we wanted as long it was within our budget money wise.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The biggest thing I have against the ecoboost is that I like the sound of a V8 and it is an important part of what I want in a performance car.

If the wife wants the ecoboost and it's for her, than that is all that matters. When I was married, my ex-wife and I bought whatever individual vehicle we wanted as long it was within our budget money wise.
Sound has nothing to do with performance. No one buys a Porsche 911 for the sound it makes. There is no denying that sound plays an important role for some, but there are many of us that don't want to hear our own cars exhaust and certainly don't want to hear yours. No offense.
Sponsored