Sponsored

Buying a 2018 ecoboost soon

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the review. Right now we’re looking at having to order one as not a single dealer in Texas has an ecoboost premium to even test drive, much less one even remotely what we’re looking for.
I’m getting the wife into an ecoboost this afternoon and then a GT with all the options so she knows what hers would look like on the inside. Depending on the price difference, we may just get the GT.
Just mentioning it since you didn't, don't forget to look at cost of ownership differences on top of just the up price difference. that was a large part of my financial decision as the cost of ownership difference (for me) essentially doubled down on whatever the increased car payment would have been.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I know several that bought the Ecoboost. None want any mods and none want any performance suspension. Given a choice between base GT and premium Ecoboost they will go premium in a heart beat every time. As such this car will serve them perfectly until they get bored with it many years later.

The only complaint was a known oil leak in some engines that they smelled and that was about it. The Ecoboost owners can clarify the oil leak for you but I believe it was minor but they could smell it and that was the problem.

OP
OP
TaraFirma

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Sooooo....
The wife drove both today, and the 5.0 put the big smile on her face, so that’s what we ordered. We’re not too worried about cost as this is going to be our 4th mustang we currently own I addition to our truck. So the yearly miles are devided pretty well.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Sooooo....
The wife drove both today, and the 5.0 put the big smile on her face, so that’s what we ordered. We’re not too worried about cost as this is going to be our 4th mustang we currently own I addition to our truck. So the yearly miles are devided pretty well.

Well how about that! Proved me wrong. Have fun!

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
So the wife wants a new mustang. She really likes the new design and the ecoboost. I’ve never owned a non V8 mustang. How does everyone that has the turbo 4 like them? Are there any known issues? Recalls? TSB’s? I need to be aware of? We will be doing cosmetic modifications, but no performance modifications are planned.
I drove a rental Mustang with the 4 cylinder. It felt like it had no soul.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The EB requires premium gas 93 octane to get full.power. I am going to bet that rented EB's have shitty regular 87 octane.

There is a significant difference between 87 and 93. I just got back from vacation and use 87 for long distance traveling and the car feels lathargic on 87.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The EB requires premium gas 93 octane to get full.power. I am going to bet that rented EB's have shitty regular 87 octane.

There is a significant difference between 87 and 93. I just got back from vacation and use 87 for long distance traveling and the car feels lathargic on 87.

About 275 though crappy gas could lower it 260. The flexibility goes both ways it seems. That lead to some interesting discussions between I4 and V6 guys in Cali that don’t have 93 and the 6s were faster. It all history now. Fill with 93 and have fun.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Except for that "soulless" EBs nowadays out accelerates, brakes, and handles far better than a '65 with 289 I used to have. We're not talking about V12 Ferraris here, but rather mass-produced cars with body panel gaps and rattles. So stop giving the Camaro guys ammo by sounding like a pseudo-sophisticated douchebag.

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Sound has nothing to do with performance. No one buys a Porsche 911 for the sound it makes. There is no denying that sound plays an important role for some, but there are many of us that don't want to hear our own cars exhaust and certainly don't want to hear yours. No offense.
No one buys a P 911 for the sound? I would say the opposite is true, flat 6 P cars are pure music.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
As I found out when looking to upgrade, if driving it around under 3500 rpm it really doesn't have a lot of pull compared to all these 4cyl and especially 6cyl turbo cars out there now. But running it from 5000 to 7000 rpm it's about as good as it gets. So as many on here explained to me that's the way its meant to be driven.
Ahhhh gotcha. For the record, most turbo 4's make next to no power below 3.5k either. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the purchase of another Mustang.:cheers:

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Ahhhh gotcha. For the record, most turbo 4's make next to no power below 3.5k either. :thumbsup:
The surprising part is the recent 4 turbo put out great torque from 2000 to 4000 rpm's now a days. Very little turbo lag like the early years. With a tune the low end pull is incredible on vw audi Subaru and even the ecoboost. It seems like times have changed. When I was younger v8's had great low end but fell off up top. 4cyl you had to rev the crap out of them. Now the 4cyl's need to short shift and v8 need to rev to the moon. I so miss the low end short shifting grunt of the older v8's.
Sponsored