7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Used line lock three times. First time, perfect burnout. Second time, animated wheel in display didn't rotate and smoke came up from engine bay. Third time, again rear wheels didnt spin and I immediately shut it down. Both times, line lock was initiated correctly. WTH? Is it me or the car?
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
what gear are you starting in, and were your tires wet? what surface? What tires? Dont slip the clutch out, drop it pretty damn fast.

Id take it easy for a few hundred miles on it to hopefully get it mated back and back into normality then try again

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Used line lock three times. First time, perfect burnout. Second time, animated wheel in display didn't rotate and smoke came up from engine bay. Third time, again rear wheels didnt spin and I immediately shut it down. Both times, line lock was initiated correctly. WTH? Is it me or the car?
Line lock can not cause that issue. Its 100% operator error.
The issue is worsened by the line lock because the car can't roll to help the slipping clutch, sho it just slips.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
7thlighter

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your comments, even the funny ones....So I've had eight mustang's and have raced 1/4 mile with my Cobra at Sacramento Raceway. I can do a burnout without line lock. Was trying out the new feature and I think I was babying the clutch trying to be cautious and causing the problem. Never used line lock before. I probably did it right the first time because I didnt think about the 50 grand I just slammed for this car.

I'm going to go with Andy's comment (The first one) and just treat it the same way, just without holding the brake. Thank you Duston for the tough love...

BTW, I will be getting a new clutch, driveshaft and fuel system in preparation for a supercharger, so any recommends would be appreciated.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Clutch is more than likely done. I would recommend the Mantic 9000. Pricey but it will handle your plans. I have owned my car for three years and never once tried the line lock. No real reason, just haven't.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Turn the traction control off. It'll fix the problem with line lock.

Sponsored
OP
OP
7thlighter

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Turn the traction control off. It'll fix the problem with line lock.
Yeah, I turned it off. Andy helped me figure it out. I was letting the clutch out too slow, letting that 50 grand creep in my head too much....

18basedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've done 3 successful burnouts using track apps line lock and had 1 failed attempt. On the 3 successful ones, I confidently sent it to 3.5kish and dumped that clutch resulting in a smooth burnout. The feature really works great once you get used to it, I love how you can unlock the breaks after you're satisfied with the burnout by pressing 'ok' one final time and smoothly continue into a rolling burnout.

On my failed attempt (the first one), I was too shy and slipped the clutch instead of dumping it resulting in the car hooking then bogging, luckily not burning the clutch. So, you've gotta be confident in your rev up and clutch dump or else you can bog or melt the clutch. Send it with confidence and it will reward you greatly. However, if you meekly slip it or don't gas it enough, you will be punished!

OP
OP
7thlighter

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I've done 3 successful burnouts using track apps line lock and had 1 failed attempt. On the 3 successful ones, I confidently sent it to 3.5kish and dumped that clutch resulting in a smooth burnout. The feature really works great once you get used to it, I love how you can unlock the breaks after you're satisfied with the burnout by pressing 'ok' one final time and smoothly continue into a rolling burnout.

On my failed attempt (the first one), I was too shy and slipped the clutch instead of dumping it resulting in the car hooking then bogging, luckily not burning the clutch. So, you've gotta be confident in your rev up and clutch dump or else you can bog or melt the clutch. Send it with confidence and it will reward you greatly. However, if you meekly slip it or don't gas it enough, you will be punished!
Thanks, I was pretty gun shy the first time, semi freaking over the money I spent on this car and afraid to hurt it...I've done about six burnouts now and they are all smooth.

The line lock feature is very well developed and easy when you figure out the RPM sweet spot. Super easy. Just to see what it was like, I spun the tires for almost the entire count down, then pressed the OK button and rolled out super smooth. Makes anyone look like a pro.

OP
OP
7thlighter

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
18basedGT, you are so right. I was meek on the clutch and didnt give it enough juice and got punished...Clutch is still perfect, so I escaped a tragedy.

18basedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks, I was pretty gun shy the first time, semi freaking over the money I spent on this car and afraid to hurt it...I've done about six burnouts now and they are all smooth.

The line lock feature is very well developed and easy when you figure out the RPM sweet spot. Super easy. Just to see what it was like, I spun the tires for almost the entire count down, then pressed the OK button and rolled out super smooth. Makes anyone look like a pro.
I completely understand being nervous about beating on a car that expensive. I felt the same and I just have a gt not a bullit. But with the line lock, the safest thing to do feels like you are beating on it at first, you gotta get those tires moving somehow and this car doesn't have that super grunty low end torque some of the old v8's had so you gotta rev it up and let it rip! Good to hear your clutch is okay and you are enjoying some burnouts.
Sponsored