I don't know.

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
I also think the J&m clutch line would be an improvement over the Steeda one since the 2019 Bullitt has a partial steel line as well , and after looking at the install video it doesn’t look anymore difficult to me . And after some difficulties shifting at high rpm I am about to purchase one .

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I also think the J&m clutch line would be an improvement over the Steeda one since the 2019 Bullitt has a partial steel line as well , and after looking at the install video it doesn’t look anymore difficult to me . And after some difficulties shifting at high rpm I am about to purchase one .
That high RPM lockout is a shifter thing. The MGW shifter completely eliminates it. The Barton probably does as well. I'd stay away from the shifters that continues to use the body mount.

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Well I totally agree how ever I have installed the MGW shifter and now in my 3rd summer lockout is starting to appear again , so I am looking for improvements

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
That high RPM lockout is a shifter thing. The MGW shifter completely eliminates it. The Barton probably does as well. I'd stay away from the shifters that continues to use the body mount.
A good clutch would solve the lock out as well. I have a stock shifter (with steeda shifter bushing) and a lpx-hd and no lock out. Used to get 3rd gear lock out if I power shifted but I was fine if I shifted slow and steady. Now I slam 8k shifts with ease. From what I've heard from others your route works too. (No personal experience though) Just throwing other options out there too.

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I too have bought the steeds trans mount and will install the clutch line and trans mount at the same time hoping to eliminate all shifting problems

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I have installed the clutch line by J&M Products a few days ago. Nice product and not too problematic to install. Gives you more consistent shifts but it will not solve all shifting problems. Next step is to switch to a new transmission fluid and after that will try to get a new clutch eventually but that will happen next year.

left: j&m, right: oem
1665260580108.jpeg

1665260620995.jpeg

small clip that is easy to lose
1665260793110.jpeg

angled connector:
1665260823156.jpeg

clutch line installed at top side (the oem line is still attached):
1665261110899.jpeg

clutch line installed at bottom side:
1665260926615.jpeg

if you want I can post a video in which I remove that clip while it jumps happily into the darkness hiding somewhere on top of the transmission.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Just get an MGW and be done with it. A body mount shifter (like the stock one) will always be a problem. The clutch line is not for better shifting. It's for better pedal feel.

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I really have to say everything that I have done has made an improvement however maybe I am just getting older I want every shift repeatable with no missed shifts . But I have to say MGW make a terrific shifter but it is so important to get the setting just rite . I went back and adjusted it again and now I have silk . So for those who are in doubt go back and check that adjustment!!

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
From another angle, the problem with the OEM shifter. It does not mount on the box, the second problem with it. A marshmallow bushing in the shifter support. That is attached to the car body.

So what we have from Ford is a shifter & a transmission moving separately, not in syc as one. They should have talked with Hurst.

Installed a BlowFish shifter bracket, it mounts the shifter to the box the same as the MGW, & others.

Solved every problem with shifting, spot-on gear selection up & down.
The throw of the OEM, short as it is. Reverse, selection never a miss, smooth action in and out.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Installed a BlowFish shifter bracket, it mounts the shifter to the box the same as the MGW, & others.

Solved every problem with shifting, spot-on gear selection up & down.
The throw of the OEM, short as it is. Reverse, selection never a miss, smooth action in and out.
Are they making an 18+ version?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they make it anymore. Blowfish went out of business.
And that is a shame, the shifter bracket could be installed without pulling the console apart. 250 for the kit ............. reasonable and fixed the problem.