Bullitt single horn - FIXED!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Just got back from my local dealership and they had 2 Bullitts that look like this. This is definitely not correct!
Crossroads-Bullitt 1.jpg
Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
1) There is a piece of foam in one of the photos that were not fitting correctly inside the airbox and I was able to adjust but still doesn't look perfect (OCD on my part). Does anyone have any idea what that p/n may be? Mine was torn during the assembly it looks like.
InkedBullitt_1 airbox_LI.jpg
The piece is there to isolate the box from the metal. It goes on the outside attached to the body. Not sure about a p/n.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The piece is there to isolate the box from the metal. It goes on the outside attached to the body. Not sure about a p/n.
I understand that but looks like some are installed much different than others plus mine looked to be torn. Not sure how you would find a p/ n for this piece. I stopped by Ford yesterday and they calling to find out.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Finally got around to adding the 2nd horn which wasn't too bad after removing the throttle body which I found so much easier and less stress on the hose so my hats off to those that could do it. Anyway, I have a couple of questions regarding the factory install of the airbox itself and the gasket that sits on top of the airbox that seat against the hood when it is closed.

1) There is a piece of foam in one of the photos that were not fitting correctly inside the airbox and I was able to adjust but still doesn't look perfect (OCD on my part). Does anyone have any idea what that p/n may be? Mine was torn during the assembly it looks like.
That piece is supposed to go above and below that piece of the fender. There's a slit in it that allows it to slide onto the metal. (possibly the "tear" you mentioned?)
See in this pic how part of mine is above the fender and in your pic it's all completely below it.
20181215_142811b-jpg.jpg

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That piece is supposed to go above and below that piece of the fender. There's a slit in it that allows it to slide onto the metal. (possibly the "tear" you mentioned?)
See in this pic how part of mine is above the fender and in your pic it's all completely below it.
20181215_142811b-jpg.jpg
Doesn't yours have the silver grommet sleeve that's sits in hole where the gasket makes contact over the air box?

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Doesn't yours have the silver grommet sleeve that's sits in hole where the gasket makes contact over the air box?
Thanks for providing the picture!

Looks like the silver grommet I was talking about was in the wrong place but I will definitely need another piece of foam as it doesn't cover the opening due to the tear in the foam. It is kind of odd how this was designed for that opening. Ford parts were given the run around to get this p/n so I had to remove the foam and take a photo so my parts guy could send it to Ford to get the p/n. How's that for service!

Do you remember how the foam was placed? I noticed there is a slit in the back of the foam so I pushed it slightly over the sheet metal from the inside of the fender to keep it in place.

Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Thanks for providing the picture!

Looks like the silver grommet I was talking about was in the wrong place but I will definitely need another piece of foam as it doesn't cover the opening due to the tear in the foam. It is kind of odd how this was designed for that opening. Ford parts were given the run around to get this p/n so I had to remove the foam and take a photo so my parts guy could send it to Ford to get the p/n. How's that for service!

Do you remember how the foam was placed? I noticed there is a slit in the back of the foam so I pushed it slightly over the sheet metal from the inside of the fender to keep it in place.
That's how it's supposed to be installed. That's what I was trying to say earlier.

You might try searching for some threads on the Ford Performance CAI's that come with their Performance Packs. That's what the Bullitt's CAI is actually.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8A

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've ordered one of the JR3Z-13832-A dual horns ($18.62 + shipping) from TASCA in RI; will post installation photos of the horn when it arrives next week.
Ditto. Single horn=Bad

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why you guys got stiffed....our Bullitts have the dual horn setup from the factory.
Need 'em for the skippys

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I have my 4 horn .....Train Horn ....ready for the install!! I’ll blast the crap out of cars speeding thru amber and red lights when I’m out there trying to make a left turn!!! They should mess their pants at least!!!

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I have my 4 horn .....Train Horn ....ready for the install!! I’ll blast the crap out of cars speeding thru amber and red lights when I’m out there trying to make a left turn!!! They should mess their pants at least!!!

Keep us up on the install and what kit you’re using.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I opted for the Ford factory every other mustang dual horn. Like another Bullitthead, ordered it from Tasco.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG