Sponsored

Bullitt and FordPass App.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
There are numerous places that show FordPass Connect as being in the Bullitt. Ford screwed this one up royally. Will they ever admit it? Will they do anything to fix it? Stay tuned.
Fellow Bullitt owners... ford can budge on this, but it will take time and effort. Here is what you need to do to make it happen:
1-talk to your dealership about it until you hit a brick wall. For the most part the dealer will be as confused as you. Multiple calls to ford tech will eventually get you to a brick wall of, "we dont know why a flagship car does not have our flagship software."
2- Reach out to your local representation via certified mail concerning this issue.
3- Send a letter to your Attorney General (state), and make sure to cc ford corporate. You can also try this via email, but certified mail tends to gain a bit more traction. You can cc your dealerships GM aswell, but most dealerships would fix the issue if ford gave then the OK... they have the tech and parts to do this.

This will take time, but at the end of the day, this was false advertisement on a limited edition ford. Most states get antsy about that (even if it was not listed on the window tag)

If 10% of individuals who purchased your limited edition product are reaching out to their respective AGs about your "bait and switch" tactics, you tend to rethink your standpoint on matters (see the numbered list below for basic talking points).

The module fits right into the car and ford techs have the software to flash it. This can be further proven by individuals slapping the tech into 6 year old vehicles that existed before fordpass connect.

Thus:

1 - Ford mislead customers with false advertising
2 - Ford is misleading customers about fordpass connect compatibility with the Bullitt mustang (according to the factory there is no reason why the module was taken off the non-press bullitt).
3 - Fordpass connect is still marketing that the Bulliitt mustang not only is compatible with the bullitt, but is standard equipment.
3a - Customers are still paying a comparable price for the bullitt technology pack that is not justified without fordpass connect. There is nothing special about the bullitt electronics pack outside of the lack of fordpassconnect. No special dash, no special puddle lights, and no special synch screen.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
This will take time, but at the end of the day, this was false advertisement on a limited edition ford. Most states get antsy about that (even if it was not listed on the window tag)
That's a bit dramatic. Most states won't care what the website or manual say if the window tag differs. One of the reasons I didn't go with a Bullit is that it had a limited subset of the GT's electronic features. The limitations of the subset were pretty clear with a bit of research. TBH, when this thread first popped up, my response was "Uh huh. Why is anyone surprised by this?"

The 2019 order guide was pretty damn upfront about it:
1.PNG

2.PNG

3a - Customers are still paying a comparable price for the bullitt technology pack that is not justified without fordpass connect. There is nothing special about the bullitt electronics pack outside of the lack of fordpassconnect. No special dash, no special puddle lights, and no special synch screen.
Not justified? How is it "not justified"? You're paying a premium for a special paint color, some badges, and an intake with tune. That's it. The electronic package costs what it costs. If you don't like the cost for the content, don't order it. If you don't like the content, find a car that has what you want.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
@Zooks527
It seems you are skipping through this thread a bit and not reading as your statements have already addressed by previous post. That being said, let me expound a bit.

Concerning to order guide: Most bullit owners did not see an order guide. Many of us picked one up after looking at it on the ford website. Also, please note that for some bullitt customers, this item was listed on their sticker (but still not included).

Concerning justification: The electronic pack had nothing to do with the color, intake, ect of the car. In the text you quoted, I stated that there was nothing special and "bullitt" about it. Bullitt owners already paid a premium price just to start the bullitt trim level. It is unjust to charge the GT price for a electronics pack that is missing items (not adding them).

Concerning state AG: I have already noted via a previous post that your milage may vary. This should not discourage any citizen from reaching out to their AG. Moreover, even if the AG does not normally respond to such issues, you should never underestimate your voice as a consumer. I have witnessed the Texas AG "steer" a business towards certain pro consumer actions even when that business was in a morally grey / legally white area.​

I understand that you are a bit judgemental / cynical about our decision to buy our vehicle, and then group vent about options that were advertised but not put on the vehicle. You may have made a different decision by going another way, but that should not (and does not) denature our standpoint at all.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Zooks527
It seems you are skipping through this thread a bit and not reading as your statements have already addressed by previous post
Assumes facts not in evidence. I've read just about all of this thread. My post was prompted by a sense of "Really? This is still going on??"

Concerning to order guide: Most bullit owners did not see an order guide. Many of us picked one up after looking at it on the ford website.
"I dropped $50k on a car after looking at the website without doing any further research" isn't much of an argument. Hell, 5 minutes looking at one in the dealership moved me to a GT. I followed up online to make sure I wasn't missing something, but it was really apparent with minimal effort that the Bullitt was a limited subset of available electronics.

Even if you couldn't find the order guide, the 2019 brochure (downloaded from the website when I ordered mine) made no bones about it:
2.PNG

Also, please note that for some bullitt customers, this item was listed on their sticker (but still not included).
These people have a case. The rest, not so much.

@Zooks527 It is unjust to charge the GT price for a electronics pack that is missing items (not adding them).
Off in two places.

First is "unjust". What's unjust about "This is the price", regardless of content distinctions? Something is worth only what someone will pay for it. Our son learned this lesson when he was 14 and was bummed when he tried to sell his BMX bike and found that no one put any value on the additional items he had installed.

Second is "charge the GT price". There is no "GT price", as the elements of the Bullitt electronics package are spread over a couple of GT packages.

@Zooks527I understand that you are a bit judgemental / cynical about our decision to buy our vehicle, and then group vent about options that were advertised but not put on the vehicle
I'm neither judgemental nor cynical about your decisions to buy the vehicle. People buy what they want. But, yup, I'm pretty damn judgemental about someone who doesn't put the time in to know just what he's buying and then whinges about what he didn't get later on.

Hell, it took less than 40 seconds to find this by eye in the brochure, no ^F needed:
1.PNG

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assumes facts not in evidence. I've read just about all of this thread. My post was prompted by a sense of "Really? This is still going on??"

"I dropped $50k on a car after looking at the website without doing any further research" isn't much of an argument. Hell, 5 minutes looking at one in the dealership moved me to a GT. I followed up online to make sure I wasn't missing something, but it was really apparent with minimal effort that the Bullitt was a limited subset of available electronics.

Even if you couldn't find the order guide, the 2019 brochure (downloaded from the website when I ordered mine) made no bones about it:
2.PNG

These people have a case. The rest, not so much.

Off in two places.

First is "unjust". What's unjust about "This is the price", regardless of content distinctions? Something is worth only what someone will pay for it. Our son learned this lesson when he was 14 and was bummed when he tried to sell his BMX bike and found that no one put any value on the additional items he had installed.

Second is "charge the GT price". There is no "GT price", as the elements of the Bullitt electronics package are spread over a couple of GT packages.

I'm neither judgemental nor cynical about your decisions to buy the vehicle. People buy what they want. But, yup, I'm pretty damn judgemental about someone who doesn't put the time in to know just what he's buying and then whinges about what he didn't get later on.

Hell, it took less than 40 seconds to find this by eye in the brochure, no ^F needed:
1.PNG
When you respond, it becomes more apparent that you do not comprehend this thread. You might have read the title, skimmed through the post, got outraged, and thought we were your children (nice story btw), but you do not comprehend the thread.

I will not waste time re-explaining what the past 5 pages have laid out in great detail. Nor will I waste time defining terms for you that can be found on dictionary.com.

If you own a bullitt and/or this information is helpful, use it and/or add to it. If you do not find this thread helpful and/or this thread is impacting your life in a negative way, please mute it and move on.

Sponsored

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Does any of the earlier Bullitt's have the FordPass Connect module or is it just in the advertising

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you respond, it becomes more apparent that you do not comprehend this thread. You might have read the title, skimmed through the post, got outraged, and thought we were your children (nice story btw), but you do not comprehend the thread.
No, seriously, I do comprehend the thread. Past that, I think "nonplussed" is more accurate than "outraged". I'm not upset about it, I just think it's, well, foolish is probably the least offensive term I can come up with.

If you do not find this thread helpful and/or this thread is impacting your life in a negative way, please mute it and move on.
I find it neither helpful nor negatively impactful on my life in any way. Frankly, it's a rather fascinating object lesson in car buying.

Cold_one

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt (3033); 2018 Navigator; ++++
Just talked with my sales manager and he ran my VIN and confirmed it does not have the modem. Car (K3033) was built November 14, 2018 and is a Canadian build with the electronics package.

I looked my order sheets and no where does it say FordPass on it. However I looked at Ford.ca site and for both the 2019 and 2020 Bullitt, FordPass is mentioned as being an included feature.

Not a big deal for me as I probably wouldn’t ever use it, so it’s not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Let's forget for a moment Ford's advertising, build sheets, etc.. Why? Because you can argue all day about where they said it did and didn't have the modem. All past tense. My question/argument would be why this Premium Special Edition car doesn't have all the high tech goodies built in. Why does a $50k car not have a feature included in a $34K Ecoboost Premium. This is the part that makes no sense. If there is a legitimate electromechanical reason for its exclusion, fine lets here it. If there isn't, Ford should retrofit every Bullitt with one of its keystone features. That's what the fight is about. Good luck in your efforts to get the real story.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
For what it is worth I did file with the Attorney General in Florida. When I had my Cadillac ATS in the brochure it stated OnStar 1 year free with coupes and 3 years free with sedan, cadillac claimed misprint, I also emailed the CEO Mary Barra. Bottom line got 3 years OnStar free. We should all email our state attorney general, can't hurt. Though cannot find an email address for Ford that goes anywhere not even customer support.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So just for Shits & Giggles I just posted this on Ford's Facebook page. Let's see if I get a response.

Today at 2:21 PM
So can anyone at Ford answer one very simple question? You can buy a $34,000 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with the 201a package and get FordPass Connect. If you buy a $49,700 Mustang Bullitt with the electronic package you do not. WHY?

Cold_one

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt (3033); 2018 Navigator; ++++
Let's forget for a moment Ford's advertising, build sheets, etc.. Why? Because you can argue all day about where they said it did and didn't have the modem. All past tense. My question/argument would be why this Premium Special Edition car doesn't have all the high tech goodies built in. Why does a $50k car not have a feature included in a $34K Ecoboost Premium. This is the part that makes no sense. If there is a legitimate electromechanical reason for its exclusion, fine lets here it. If there isn't, Ford should retrofit every Bullitt with one of its keystone features. That's what the fight is about. Good luck in your efforts to get the real story.
Mentioned this logic (illogic?) to my sales manager. He also looked on the Ford.ca site and sees the inconsistency. He mentioned he sent a screen shot of both years (says it’s now standard on all 2020s) to the regional sales manager. Not expecting anything, but maybe some kind of explanation.