OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
They are supports that go in the water jackets that surround the cylinder for additional strength. See pic:

water jacket support.jpg
Ooooooooohhhh lol. Thanks. I'm torn. TKM has a stage 1 coyote block with sleeves but it doesn't have water jacket supports. They also have a custom wesico pistion package vs the Manley pistions. I'm assuming the Manley pistions are off the shelf? I don't know what's so custom about the wesico pistions. Guy from TKM just kept saying they're not off the shelf.
Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I'd just hate to spend 7 grand on a motor and have the block crack when I can spend maybe a grand or more and get sleeves. I'm not going to run 1000hp to the grocery store everyday but I want to have the peace of mind when I throw a 1000hp at it. It'll hold for a long time. I can't afford to buy a built motor every couple of years. I need for this motor to last. Especially if I'm spending this kind of money.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
They are supports that go in the water jackets that surround the cylinder for additional strength. See pic:

water jacket support.jpg
I talked to RPG yesterday. They said they don't do water jacket supports anymore. He said they can crack the block. Also said they're a pain in the ass to install. It's not worth the risk. He also said he stands by the gen 3 motor over the gen2 but I'm more concerned about that plasma stuff they spray in the cylinder walls of thr gen3. He said gen 3 are stronger blocks

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I used to occasionally read about gen2 cylinder walls failing, but I haven’t heard or read that about the gen3. There were some factory defective gen3 blocks but I’m pretty sure those failed even when stock.

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I talked to RPG yesterday. They said they don't do water jacket supports anymore. He said they can crack the block. Also said they're a pain in the ass to install. It's not worth the risk. He also said he stands by the gen 3 motor over the gen2 but I'm more concerned about that plasma stuff they spray in the cylinder walls of thr gen3. He said gen 3 are stronger blocks
Do they still claim “1200hp” without the supports?? I’m putting together my short block soon and have the supports but haven’t installed them yet.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ooooooooohhhh lol. Thanks. I'm torn. TKM has a stage 1 coyote block with sleeves but it doesn't have water jacket supports. They also have a custom wesico pistion package vs the Manley pistions. I'm assuming the Manley pistions are off the shelf? I don't know what's so custom about the wesico pistions. Guy from TKM just kept saying they're not off the shelf.
Just means that they have been made to someone’s specs so they cost more. If you want big power look for a full skirt piston

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Do they still claim “1200hp” without the supports?? I’m putting together my short block soon and have the supports but haven’t installed them yet.
Yes they said 1200 without supports. Stock block with basically rods and pistions...I'm like how??? 1200 without sleeves??. I don't want to make 1200hp once and then go Boom!! Lol. I want to make 1000 at the wheel without blowing up or hurting something in the motor... I'm good. Especially after spending thousands!!! Of dollars đź’µ

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
285E269E-5E44-41C7-99A1-46FCAF9B2F88.jpeg

this what I got from RPG, without sleeves. RPG said it can handle 22-24 PSI, I made 980 to the wheel on about 17 PSI revving out to 5500 RPM before charge pipe blew off. so 1000 wheel is capable for sure and will still be safe for another 4-6 lbs of boost

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
285E269E-5E44-41C7-99A1-46FCAF9B2F88.jpeg

this what I got from RPG, without sleeves. RPG said it can handle 22-24 PSI, I made 980 to the wheel on about 17 PSI revving out to 5500 RPM before charge pipe blew off. so 1000 wheel is capable for sure and will still be safe for another 4-6 lbs of boost
I guess I'm just worried about the reliability. I know nothing last for ever but I don't want to do this a second time. I really like that build from RPG and the fact that they warranty their work. I know there can be alot of variables that cause a engine to blow, but its nice to know that they offer something. RPG told me they need my heads to do deck and them and possibly put springs on... I can't remember exactly what he said... but he said I just send then my heads for work. I feel like I can always do valve springs later. I probably won't push this motor past 7200 anyways

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
In all reality you won't always be driving on 1000 wheel anyways, I just have the turbos to make that power so its already something my setup can do. Are you a turbo car? I got a boost controller so i pick the psi i wanna run, usually stay at ~750 on my lowest setting and thats more than enough for the street haha. I kept my gen 2 cams and heads, didn't send them anything. get the 12:1 CR so you can make more power with less boost, thats why i got it.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
In all reality you won't always be driving on 1000 wheel anyways, I just have the turbos to make that power so its already something my setup can do. Are you a turbo car? I got a boost controller so i pick the psi i wanna run, usually stay at ~750 on my lowest setting and thats more than enough for the street haha. I kept my gen 2 cams and heads, didn't send them anything. get the 12:1 CR so you can make more power with less boost, thats why i got it.
I want Turbos one day... I have a vortech V7JT with a wastgate (tq booster) and a boost controller that I can't figure out or find anyone to figure out how to make it work correctly with a centrifugal setup.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
manley is a good company but those rods were prone to cracking under boost
I would opt for billet if you plan to have a power adder