Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Looks right where it should be based on your mods. I'm sure it could make a touch more. It'll gain 15ish after 5k miles.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I highly highly doubt a CJ mani with a twin 65mm TB is going to be a limiting factor here.

OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Yes, so you want a deep breathing engine. It needs as much air as it can get at 7,000rpms.

I would look at intake, or even intake temps. Also, larger engine, what radiator..?
Agreed. Just wondering why it’s not getting it. Mishimoto radiator and O/A oil cooler. No issues with heat at all on the track.

Was this tuned remotely?
Remotely tuned by Lund on a local shop’s dyno.

Last edited:
OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Looks right where it should be based on your mods. I'm sure it could make a touch more. It'll gain 15ish after 5k miles.
Dang really? This guy made something like 525 on stock bottom end and heads. Inflated numbers or did I do something wrong?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81848&highlight=500whp

Trying not to get caught up on dyno numbers but damn! The time and money I put into this motor for 2whp has me feeling like a retard lol oh well it’s fun. I’m enjoying the hell out of both extra horsepower

Sponsored

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Find a really good tuner in CA/NV and have it dyno tuned on site. That's the only way this setup will reach its full potential. Im on a Lund tune fyi and believe in them, but when Im done adding/exchanging engine components Im taking it to be on site dyno tuned.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AED Tuning Shingle Springs CA

Ohh and AED has CJ tunes pretty much nailed down hes done tons and tons of CJ setups and research.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AED Tuning Shingle Springs CA

Ohh and AED has CJ tunes pretty much nailed down hes done tons and tons of CJ setups and research.
This.

OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Shaun could definitely be an option since he’s not too terribly far from me.

But I talked to JPC today since they have a couple 600whp N/A builds to see why I’m coming up so short with a seemingly similar setup. They pointed out I shoulda focused on weight savings with the rod/piston setup so definitely some HP left on the table there. One thing that really interested me though was their recommendation to run a more aggressive cam, namely theirs, with VCT lockouts. Wanted to get some other thoughts on this?

They said the RGR lockouts save about 7lbs off the rotating assembly. Is this significant enough to be worth? I hate to tear apart a new setup, but I also hate being disappointed. I don’t really care about bottom end power at all, which is the main argument I’ve heard against lockouts. Midrange to top end is all that matters to me. 4500+ is the only rpm range this car sees.

Last edited:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know who you talked to at JPC, but Justin Burcham (owner) and Kevin MacDonald (tuner) really know their shit at JPC. They have tuned my blown/stroked '05 repeatedly over the years as I changed my set up and they are friends of mine.

On the cam subject, what kind of lift do their cams provide? In my opinion, lockouts and high lift cams will get the flow you need providing the lift is up to par. Any incremental increase in lift is not going to net any substantial power increase, but cams with a decent bump in lift will get things flowing for you. Any info on the lift?

Sponsored
OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
I don't know who you talked to at JPC, but Justin Burcham (owner) and Kevin MacDonald (tuner) really know their shit at JPC. They have tuned my blown/stroked '05 repeatedly over the years as I changed my set up and they are friends of mine.

On the cam subject, what kind of lift do their cams provide? In my opinion, lockouts and high lift cams will get the flow you need providing the lift is up to par. Any incremental increase in lift is not going to net any substantial power increase, but cams with a decent bump in lift will get things flowing for you. Any info on the lift?
I spoke with Aaron at JPC who I believe is their engine builder. He seemed to really know a lot. Unfortunately they’re one of the companies that does the “custom” grind cams and they won’t disclose the specs until after you buy them. But they do have some near 600whp N/A coyotes running those same cams so maybe they can’t be too bad?

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Well pretty much the same setup. I ran different headers and catback at the time

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That whole you cant get the specs until after you buy is a load of bullshit.

Sounds like Nancy Pelosi you cant know whats in the Obamacare bill until after its passed. LOL!!

Last edited:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I spoke with Aaron at JPC who I believe is their engine builder. He seemed to really know a lot. Unfortunately they’re one of the companies that does the “custom” grind cams and they won’t disclose the specs until after you buy them. But they do have some near 600whp N/A coyotes running those same cams so maybe they can’t be too bad?
I know Aaron, but not that well. Seems like he knows his shit. I'll see what I can find out and PM you.
Sponsored