Sponsored

Weird engine noise + low dyno numbers

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys, I just had my car on the dyno the other day and it put out pretty low numbers, 384/325, and that's with the Power Pack 2 (GT350 intake, throttle body, tune). Its also been feeling sluggish recently, the first dyno run actually only had 297 torque, and after the 4th it had 325 (kept increasing after every pull which was weird). Checked my oil and it showed high, but it was also after driving it a bit. Heres the video with the sound I hear. Any ideas? Or should I take it in? Sorry about the dirty engine bay, dust storms here make it hard to keep clean

Thanks!
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My 18 has that weird hiss noise, I think its the HPFP , but idk for sure. It does sound like its coming from the HPFP area on my 18 though..

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
My 18 has that weird hiss noise, I think its the HPFP , but idk for sure. It does sound like its coming from the HPFP area on my 18 though..

OP has a '17 which does not have a HPFP.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Hey guys, I just had my car on the dyno the other day and it put out pretty low numbers, 384/325, and that's with the Power Pack 2 (GT350 intake, throttle body, tune). Its also been feeling sluggish recently, the first dyno run actually only had 297 torque, and after the 4th it had 325 (kept increasing after every pull which was weird).

What kind of dyno? What gear were the pulls in? Do you have a baseline? What kind of fuel? How many miles on the car and how many with your current mods?

Without that info you can't quite say your dyno numbers are low unless it was a dynojet and you were in 5th with TC completely disabled in which case I would hope for about 400-410rwhp or thereabouts. Increasing numbers over subsequent pulls is completely normal. If you really feel there is an issue I would recommend getting your tune datalogged.

OP
OP

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What kind of dyno? What gear were the pulls in? Do you have a baseline? What kind of fuel? How many miles on the car and how many with your current mods?

Without that info you can't quite say your dyno numbers are low unless it was a dynojet and you were in 5th with TC completely disabled in which case I would hope for about 400-410rwhp or thereabouts. Increasing numbers over subsequent pulls is completely normal. If you really feel there is an issue I would recommend getting your tune datalogged.
Dynojet, TC completely disabled (unplugged cable behind driver-side headlight), unfortunately it was Dyno'd in 4th gear, I had it mixed up with 2018 ratios. 91 octane gas. 15k on the odo.

This was the first time I had it dynod so I guess this was my "baseline" pull. I'm having it tuned with flex fuel in less than two weeks and hoping to dyno again to compare.
Sponsored