Sponsored

Build Week 2/2/15

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Got it

Finally got the car (sort of). Went to the dealer yesterday to have a look, get final price so I can go to the bank. I was surprised to find that not only was there a $500 rebate, but also another $500 from ford. So, Z plan price went from 3800 to 3700. After all fees and taxes, the total was $40,000 and some change. Original MSRP was 43,000 before fees and taxes.
I checked all panel alignments, Paint, Then I checked inside and found one problem with the drivers seat (loose leather on drivers seat). So they kept it to see if they can tighten it up. If not, they will order a new seat cushion. May take a few days to get it. No problem there.
When I checked the car, they had the top down, and I forgot to have them put it back up so I could check how the fit was there, along with checking the rear window for proper alignment. I will check it today when I pick it up. I sure hope I am not in for a surprise there.
overall I was happy with what I saw so far. The loose leather is no big deal. It will be taken care of soon if not already fixed.
I hope today will be a fun driving day. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Ordered: triple yellow eco premium convert. 201A pkg, 50 yr. pkg
Ordered on 12/17/14
Built on 2/3/15 (the build week of doom)
Delivered to dealer: 3/21/15

P.S. I will post some pics later when I figure out how to do it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Great Mike! Glad to hear all the panels were lined up too.

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt convertible Triple yellow 50th Anniversary
Finally got the car (sort of). Went to the dealer yesterday to have a look, get final price so I can go to the bank. I was surprised to find that not only was there a $500 rebate, but also another $500 from ford. So, Z plan price went from 3800 to 3700. After all fees and taxes, the total was $40,000 and some change. Original MSRP was 43,000 before fees and taxes.
I checked all panel alignments, Paint, Then I checked inside and found one problem with the drivers seat (loose leather on drivers seat). So they kept it to see if they can tighten it up. If not, they will order a new seat cushion. May take a few days to get it. No problem there.
When I checked the car, they had the top down, and I forgot to have them put it back up so I could check how the fit was there, along with checking the rear window for proper alignment. I will check it today when I pick it up. I sure hope I am not in for a surprise there.
overall I was happy with what I saw so far. The loose leather is no big deal. It will be taken care of soon if not already fixed.
I hope today will be a fun driving day. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Ordered: triple yellow eco premium convert. 201A pkg, 50 yr. pkg
Ordered on 12/17/14
Built on 2/3/15 (the build week of doom)
Delivered to dealer: 3/21/15

P.S. I will post some pics later when I figure out how to do it.

Glad you got it. Ours is close. But I have 5.0. Ty 50th year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great Mike! Glad to hear all the panels were lined up too.
yeah, the panels all look great. They just started on the car when I got there, so it wasn't even washed yet. it wasn't really dirty, but it needed a wash for sure. I'll have a much better look at the paint today. And I know there has also been an issue with some of the rear windows not being aligned very well, so that is a concern. I will definatly check it with the top up today before I turn over the check. I can't believe I didn't think to put up the top yesterday when I was there. DOH!

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
According to COTUS, mine is still awaiting shipment... It's been released and awaiting shipment for nearly a month (since 3/3)!

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Jake 87, PonyGrrrl, slythetove, La Geno, & Mikef523,
What was the mileage on each of your cars when they came in?

MIKESHIP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MIKE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT
Salesman called this morning and told me it is here. I will pop by after work to take a quick look make sure everything is good. Will pick it up on Thursday at 5pm after wife gets off work. Future brother-in-laws b-day is this week end and he has 2 mustangs(GT and a convt 6), so i'll drive it over to the party on sunday. Then Monday and Tuesday it gets it clay/glaze/sealer/wax treatment.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Mine might be a bad example - it actually got delivered to their sister dealership across town and was driven about 10 miles or so to the selling dealership.

Total miles were approximately 26 when I took delivery.

Sponsored

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 miles on mine. don't know if that warrants a note in the glove box or not. Will check it when I pick it up later today.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With those getting their cars finally, was the EDD on COTUS accurate?

My EDD changed several times on COTUS through this whole process. I would not say it was accurate. more like a guideline maybe on when it could be delivered. the final EDD update on COTUS had me at 3/27. But it came in to the dealer on 3/21
Man, I am glad I am not checking COTUS 10 times a day anymore.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
21 miles on mine

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
"Shipping" but being held!

My convertible is one of the "4,000". Held until a week ago, then got a phone call from Regional Sales Manager. My car was put into "Transit", but also being 'held' again. Flat Rock refused or was unable to tell the Manager what that meant. But Flat Rock assured him that the Mustang would be delivered to here in Central MN by April First!
Does everyone up and down the Ford corporate ladder believe this 'bull' coming from Flat Rock??? The car is being held in FR, going to be shipped out to Chicago by rail, transferred over to BNSF, rail shipped to MN, loaded on a truck, then driven 100 miles all within one week?!?!
Sponsored