Budgeting a build

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
The real expensive part is not making the power, its putting it to the ground. You will need to think about tires and tightening up the rear suspension. If you plan launching the car, axles and driveshaft will need to be on the list of future replacements. It adds up quickly lol
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Tires and gas go real quick once you add boost. Make sure to factor that in to your budget.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Tires and gas go real quick once you add boost. Make sure to factor that in to your budget.
I live in Indiana.. the land of E85. I will be spending plenty to fuel her.. not worried about the cost of upkeep, I can afford that. Was just curious how much I should budget for the initial install. I'm seeing numbers ranging from 6-20k.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm looking to make an entrance into forced induction. I've always ran N/A cars. I have about 5k "fun money" set aside - how much should I aim for saving before I start my build? I want to be in the 650-700hp range. Open to twin turbos or any type of supercharger.

What would I need besides the turbo/supercharger kit to be ready to install?

Thanks!
For that budget centri may be best and easiest to install. For PD you need 8k-10k.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I live in Indiana.. the land of E85. I will be spending plenty to fuel her.. not worried about the cost of upkeep, I can afford that. Was just curious how much I should budget for the initial install. I'm seeing numbers ranging from 6-20k.
I assume you are in Indianapolis based on your screen name .
I have a few different FI (TT, whipple and KB) set ups if you want to take a drive in spring to help figure out what you want.

I also have a BNIB complete “little “ 2.3 Edelbrok kit/8 rib I am debating whether to use in a Fox body swap or sell .

i would let it go for $7K (including the 8 rib set up which is a $1750 value on it’s own ).

Its a complete kit with injectors and tuner
I have a JMS BAP I can throw In for free if I sell it .

Port the blower and its capable of close to 1000 whp or making enough power to go 8’s in the 1/4 like a buddy has gone with his 2.3 TVS .
Since you are a former mechanic I may be even do part trade for some wrenching .
lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
I assume you are in Indianapolis based on your screen name .
Indeed I am! I found a p1x procharger kit locally at a reasonable price, so I think that's the route I'm going. Thank you though, I appreciate it... Would still like to see the cars though lol.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Go the E85 route. If you want to spread the cost and work out, go ahead and put injectors and a return fuel system in it.

I have seen very few blown motors on poor mans race gas. Hot weather and 93 can get iffy 12-1.
A return fuel system is a waste of money for my power goals.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
I agree but most tuners don’t want to tune E85 on a BAP or larger fuel pump. Most if not all of the failures on mid HP gen 3s are happening on 93. If 650 is the goal 93 is fine. If 700+ is the goal those hot summer days will get dicey.

The pro charger will be much friendlier on 93 though since the torque is kept low.
PBD actually advised that they would tune a procharger on stock injectors on an 18+ since I have 8 port and 8 direct injectors. I called Procharger to confirm and they said the same thing.. under 700 is fine with stock injectors which surprised me.

In the future I may change my mind and go E85.. I do live in an area where it's rare for a gas station not to have it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You can get into a pretty sweet kit from beefcake with bigger injectors for about 6 grand. Try to buy when the run a holiday special.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I tell everybody after paying for install and a tune boost is 10k for 91. doing e85 and more boost after that is another 7k after that lol.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
I baught a used hellion kit and pieced the fuel system together and installed everything myself and im pretty sure im over 8k plus into this build. Nothing on these cars and making power is cheap. I think best bet for you is to find a good used kit and a decent fuel system and youll make your power goals. Things just add up ie : Injectors $1000, Clutch $1200, fuel system $1500+, Tune $1000, plus the cost of whatever forced induction you go with $5000+. Plus if u want drive shaft and axles add another $2000.
Not to mention the price of theinstall if u dont or cant do it yourself. Not a fan of the On3 Kit, the fitment is not the greatest just IMO
Sponsored