Sponsored

Paxton Engine Build Complete and a new project

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
So 4 months after having a bottom end failure on my 2015 car, it's finally finished. Failure ended up being the #5 Rod bearing spun, #2 main bearing spun, and several main bearing journals on the crank were not getting oil. The cause is thought to be over RPM at some point, but honestly the machine said it could've been a multitude of things.They were able to machine the stock crank and we reused it.

The build consisted of the following new parts:
-Stock 2016 coyote block (9k miles previously).
-Wiseco Pistons
-Manley H Beam Rods
-Clevite Bearings
-ARP head studs
-MMR Billet Oil Pump Gears
-Mcleod RXT Clutch w/lightened steel flywheel

I don't really have any new pictures or video's because I'm currently halfway across the world on a deployment. I can't wait to get home and finally drive this thing again!

While I was home I was able to pick up a new project car. It's a 1986 Mustang Coupe. It's a bone stock 4 cylinder car, which is in pretty good shape. The paint could use some freshening up, but I mean it's an '86. There's zero rust on the entire car. The interior is all original and really nice, everything works on the car aside from the truck lock cylinder and the radio is missing, which is fine because its one less thing I need to do to put a gauge panel there.

The plan for this car is to have the block that came out of my 2015 machined and sleeved, and then built to swap into this 4 eyed fox. It'll obviously take some time because I've got to swap out the entire driveline along with everything else that this swap entails. It should be a fun project and hopefully when I get back to the states I can knock it out in a little over a year.
15coytoe.jpg
foxbody.jpg
Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Love a 4 eye build!! Good luck and safe trip back home soldier!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
nice find! and thanks for your service:cheers:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
How much were you running to blow the motor?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Nice pick up! I remember you were trying to decide between a notch or blower. Now you have both!!!! Congrats man.

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Nice pick up! I remember you were trying to decide between a notch or blower. Now you have both!!!! Congrats man.
Thanks man. I wasn't even looking to buy a fox but I came across it and It was too good of a deal to pass up. I was hoping for a factory 5.0, but it was hard to find an affordable one that wasn't beat up or gutted.
Sponsored