Sponsored

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
after talking to Lund I think this might me my next mod also. I can not wait to see the results!

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Everything is on hold for right now with the holidays. Haven't had much time to put into it just yet.

Kris
Hurry up! Your priorities are messed up ;)

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Instead of shaving the top of boss IM can you just install a lowering mount? Would that then clear the hood liner? Would the transmission alignment to the engine be affected?

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Its not that big of a deal to just trim a small hole in the hood. U can make it look clean... Lowering the motor would have made it so my front K-brace wouldnt clear the headers

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yes you can use drop mounts to lower it .75". I didn't want to make my long tubes sit lower than they already do. I'll be cutting...and then maybe getting a new hood too.

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Sorry for not updating this recently. I have since installed long tubes for more partial throttle and WOT VCT testing. I have currently ditched the boss manifold and I'm moving on to bigger and better things. However, if I come across another boss for testing, I will finish this story and post the results. Sorry guys, the charge motion control valves do more than most think. They are super important on the 2015 coyote and make it really awesome.

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Alright so I picked up another Boss manifold for a super cheap deal and have installed on the car. I had some interesting kinks to work out at partial throttle. Concerned of time to mess with it, I was hesitant to continue development towards it. However, after some recent discussions and trial and error, I have worked out about 90% of the kinks. The car is extremely driveable now with a little hick up here and there but very manageable, especially consider how the car behaved when I originally installed.

Partial throttle tuning will still continue to smooth out every day driving operation. WOT VCT tuning will commence soon to see if there is any power there.

My highest flow rate read by my MAF sensor on the stock intake manifold with intake, catless long tubes, and full x pipe exhaust was around 45.6 lb/min at 6500rpm. With the boss installed with no VCT tuning, the highest is 51.7 lb/ min at 7800rpm. This boss is not in factory form as I have ported the runners around the injector bosses where the injection molding created large lips that protrude into the flow path. This should definitely aid the performance of the manifold, by how much? Not sure.

I will continue to update the thread with hopefully some dyno numbers and clarification on VCT tuning with the Boss manifold.

Kris

Sponsored

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
My highest flow rate read by my MAF sensor on the stock intake manifold with intake, catless long tubes, and full x pipe exhaust was around 45.6 lb/min at 6500rpm. With the boss installed with no VCT tuning, the highest is 51.7 lb/ min at 7800rpm. This boss is not in factory form as I have ported the runners around the injector bosses where the injection molding created large lips that protrude into the flow path. This should definitely aid the performance of the manifold, by how much? Not sure.

I will continue to update the thread with hopefully some dyno numbers and clarification on VCT tuning with the Boss manifold.

Kris
Thanks for sharing your MAF flow numbers. That lets me know my MAF curve is screwed at least. I'll be installing full exhaust in a few weeks when it comes in, and a ~30lb bump sounds about right.

And good work with the Boss mani!

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
Very interesting thread. Thanx for the updates!!!!! Keep em coming please.:cheers::cheers:

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Thanks for sharing your MAF flow numbers. That lets me know my MAF curve is screwed at least. I'll be installing full exhaust in a few weeks when it comes in, and a ~30lb bump sounds about right.

And good work with the Boss mani!
How is your MAF curve screwed?

Thanks man!

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
Sorry, "isn't". Damn auto correct. Tune only I'm seeing 42.5-43.5 @6500 depending on the weather and road the pull is done on. So, hopefully I will see similar numbers as you once I install the longtube and adjust the tune.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Thats about what i was seeing tune only, after the gt350 (i know not a boss) and headers the highest peak ive recorded was 52.15 at about 7700, the average now that its hotter than all hell has been mid 50s to low 51

Long story short your flow numbers look fine
Sponsored