NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I agree. There is nothing special about my 2016 to show at a C&C. That is why I was looking at the Boss. At most of the C&Cs that I go to, its not that often that you see a Boss. The only reason that I am considering a later model GT is for occasional track duty with the IRS and an upgraded suspension system.
I think there's some confusion here. I didn't say your 2016 was "nothing special". I wrote "A 2018-2021 GT won't be anymore special at a C&C than your 2016 GT."

You already have a 2016 GT....yes????

A "later model GT" has the same IRS as your 2016. So just call Steeda and upgrade the suspension on your 2016. Then it can do occasional track duty. There's no difference in the basic suspension between your 2016 GT and an '18+ GT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Any 2015-17 performance package GT will out handle the BOSS and accelerate just as quick if not faster. A 18+ GT not only makes a lot more power but will handle much better. More so if its a Level 2 or a Mach1.

If you want to draw eyes, I suggest looking for a 50th anniversary, Bullitt or Mach1. Even a PPL2 stands out to those that know. Otherwise, I'd suggest you pick whatever GT color you like, then put on a nice Steeda or FP handling package to meet your needs/wants. You may not get as many looks but you'll get all the excitement with more performance and comforts.

I was also looking at BOSS 302's when looking for a new car and while I LOVE them, the fact they are just out dated technology now made me have to pass.

EDIT: It seems you already have a 2016 GT, so assuming its a PP car you already have like 90% of the Performance a BOSS would give you, assuming you're un-modified. Just not the eyes a BOSS gets. Unless you're keeping the 2016 and looking at the BOSS as just a fun weekender, I'd stick with what you have or wait till 2022/23 is shown off.

OP
OP

Black Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
95% of used 2012/13 B302's won't be "to hell and back", they were purchased by Enthusiasts and some "collectors". Many I've seen have accrued miles below 10-20k. I've also seen some with mileage as high as 60-100k and even those were in excellent shape.

The market is being saturated with those now just the same it's being saturated with everything else. It's a sellers market, everyone is dumping their rides to cash in and either banking that $ or buying new...

2012/13 B302 prices have been in the $28k-$45k range for the last 2-3 years, that's their norm. Anyone complaining about B302 pricing today hasn't been following them. Prices on them always varies depending on exterior color combo, if it has Recaros or not, if the Track Key has been activated, miles, overall condition and if all of the B302 Docs (Owners kit), floor mats and car cover are included.

If you're looking at a B302 LS, always expect to pay the upper region of the price scale, as those are more sought after by "collectors" than the standard B302.

I don't see B302 prices as being outrageous (yet)... give them another 5-10 years and yes, the standard B302 will be in the upper echelon of $50k+ and the LS will be pushing $70k, again depending on the criteria noted above.

Take a 2012/13 B302 over a cookie cut S550 if you're looking for something unique and plan to hold onto it for a few years.

Hit up this forum if you want to know lots more about the 2012/13 B302s (or the classics):
http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?board=26.0
Last year a 2013 Boss 302 with 4354 miles was advertised for $34K. Currently, a 2013 Boss 302 with 4,484 miles is being advertised for approximately $48K, a difference in $14K Would you expect that much of an increase in price within a year? Most low mileage 302s are going for between 5K to 10K above original sticker. Maybe I should invest in 302s instead of the stock market.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Last year a 2013 Boss 302 with 4354 miles was advertised for $34K. Currently, a 2013 Boss 302 with 4,484 miles is being advertised for approximately $48K, a difference in $14K Would you expect that much of an increase in price within a year? Most low mileage 302s are going for between 5K to 10K above original sticker. Maybe I should invest in 302s instead of the stock market.
Depends on geographic location and who's selling it.

Do a Nationwide Search on cargurus for all 2012/13 B302's. You'll see the prices vary greatly, as they have been. Those who are jacking them up beyond "normal" are those thinking they can cash out on this silly ass used car market...

If you do the research, you can still nail down a B302 for a very good price... it may not be local to you, but they are out there...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Oh, I so badly want to derail this thread now :giggle:
Ok, derailer coming... invest in Fox Bodies, that's were the ludicrous pricing is right now... standard Foxes with sub $35k-$40k asking prices.... 😂 they'll be worth bigger bucks in another few weeks 🙄

Of course I'm f'n kidding / don't ever invest in a freaking cookie cutter mass produced vehicle for any amount of money... there's always a fool willing to part ways with his/her cash.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, derailer coming... invest in Fox Bodies, that's were the ludicrous pricing is right now... standard Foxes with sub $35k-$40k asking prices.... 😂 they'll be worth bigger bucks in another few weeks 🙄

Of course I'm f'n kidding / don't ever invest in a freaking cookie cutter mass produced vehicle for any amount of money... there's always a fool willing to part ways with his/her cash.
I was going to bash the stock market and start rambling about crypto and DeFi but that works too 😂

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on what you this car to be for. I know this is likely an unpopular opinion, but the older Mustangs - pre S550 and IRS - I never owned one. I wasn't a fan of how they rode / handled for a daily driver. The only reason I ended up with a S550 (bought a new '17 3.7 6 speed for cheap and then bought my current '19 GT 6 speed new in '19) was because my daily was totaled by an idiot who pulled out in front of me and a buddy of mine HARASSED me until I drove a S550.

I personally know two different friends of mine who had older pre '15 Mustangs who rode / drove in my '17 who ended up selling / trading and buying a S550.

It's a whole different ballgame if you aren't going to daily drive it and you want something unique.

Prices aren't going anywhere but up on just about anything. I've been half-heartedly hunting a mostly rust free '70-72 Maverick or '70-73 Vega and do a modern drivetrain swap, upgrade suspension etc. Prices on both are now officially ridiculous.

A co worker had a '70 Maverick 2 door he inherited. No rot. Lovely green on green, 3 speed manual and 6 cylinder. He was going to sell it to me cheap. I did some looking and told him he could get a lot more money advertising it. He thought I was joking. The price he got within days shocked him.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Due to owning my '07 GT500 at the time of the B302 debut, I didn't get one. And, since dealers were gouging on them, I wasn't going to bite because of that either. However, it's the one S197 I'd consider going back to the chassis for and I've been watching them for a while.

Recently the local collector car emporium got in a nice, 17k mile 2012 in red. I was thinking about it (even though I prefer the '13 hands down) and then sort of forgot about it until I found out a friend bought it. Bastard. He also has a '16 GT/CS. Once the B302 honeymoon is over, it will be interesting to see how he compares the two.
Sponsored