PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
So you could still use this if you have active exhaust correct?
Yes either or. Australian 18+ come standard with active. Mine has just gone on the hoist and cooling down for install.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Finally fitted. Only took the shop less than an hour. The existing resonator pipes are best cut insitu and not how the instructions said to take the entire exhaust from the resonator clamps back to the tips and lay on the floor to cut. The new X pipe seems to be about 10mm (if that) lower than OEM resonator. On the road they make the "normal" in active exhaust sound like "sport" and "sport" sound like "track" and so on. I took it for a 20klm drive and it seems a much deeper note overall with no rasp at all and no drone. I need to experience it more though. Now I have to work out how to post videos.
Fitted.jpg
Ground Clearance.jpg
Ground Clearance 2.jpg
Fitted and plenty of clearance

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Finally fitted. Only took the shop less than an hour. The existing resonator pipes are best cut insitu and not how the instructions said to take the entire exhaust from the resonator clamps back to the tips and lay on the floor to cut. The new X pipe seems to be about 10mm (if that) lower than OEM resonator. On the road they make the "normal" in active exhaust sound like "sport" and "sport" sound like "track" and so on. I took it for a 20klm drive and it seems a much deeper note overall with no rasp at all and no drone. I need to experience it more though. Now I have to work out how to post videos.
Fitted.jpg
Ground Clearance.jpg
Ground Clearance 2.jpg
Fitted and plenty of clearance
Wow just 1hr install, Looking good, 1cm loss of clearance shouldnt be a problem even if your car is lowered. Does it give a more burble crackle character to it? And feel any gains at all?

Cant wait for the vid!

Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I haven't noticed a crackle but there is a bit of burble. No real noticeable performance gains. I have tried to make youtubes out of the six very short clips I have.

A clip for each of the 3 active exhaust modes before and after install. I did not know any other way to upload these.

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Wow, it sounds worlds better than OEM. It definitely cleans up the tone! Super interested to hear what it sounds like driving and with some fly by's. Super jealous of the export tails as well

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
@PKs Thanks for the videos!

What is startup volume like with the Quiet Start enabled? Is it much louder? That's my main concern.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
@PKs Thanks for the videos!

What is startup volume like with the Quiet Start enabled? Is it much louder? That's my main concern.
I haven't done that yet. Will let you know.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Great stuff on the videos, is that using a phone or camera? Im planning on using the DJI Osmo to record a clip.

Ive also been told the tickford tune will also change the engine note on the car so ill do another clip once i get the tune next week. Hopefully it spits a little fuel into the exhaust pipes :)

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Yes, would like to hear a drive by.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Great stuff on the videos, is that using a phone or camera? Im planning on using the DJI Osmo to record a clip.

Ive also been told the tickford tune will also change the engine note on the car so ill do another clip once i get the tune next week. Hopefully it spits a little fuel into the exhaust pipes :)
Just my Pixel 3 phone.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
When I watched the video on YouTube, it had a recommended clip with a 2018 Mustang GT with an H pipe. So I did a quick comparison. This sounds worlds better.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Finally got around to installing it yesterday. All I can say is, I think you are downplaying it PKs :)
You do get that deeper tone, but once you hit 5krpms and over it screams like a true Xpipe would. Definately no drone at all. Burbles and crackles are more clearer too. Was hoping for some pops but none of that.

Here is a quick video I made posted to Youtube.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Finally got around to installing it yesterday. All I can say is, I think you are downplaying it PKs :)
You do get that deeper tone, but once you hit 5krpms and over it screams like a true Xpipe would. Definately no drone at all. Burbles and crackles are more clearer too. Was hoping for some pops but none of that.

Here is a quick video I made posted to Youtube.

How is the rasp? Would you consider it less than a normal X-pipe would deliver?
Sponsored