PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Finally got around to installing it yesterday. All I can say is, I think you are downplaying it PKs :)
You do get that deeper tone, but once you hit 5krpms and over it screams like a true Xpipe would. Definately no drone at all. Burbles and crackles are more clearer too. Was hoping for some pops but none of that.

Here is a quick video I made posted to Youtube.

Haha yes I like to be conservative with my reviews. I have just come back from a bit of a drive in sport mode on the active exhaust and I am enjoying the new sound very much. I wasn't too sure at first if the new x pipe had done much but I now think that it is a good change. I have not driven it in track mode yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
@PKs Thanks for the videos!

What is startup volume like with the Quiet Start enabled? Is it much louder? That's my main concern.
Start up in Quite mode is louder but not obnoxious.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
I've only been in one other car that had a flowmaster xpipe, and I can say this has less rasp to it for sure.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
How is the rasp? Would you consider it less than a normal X-pipe would deliver?
It must be the mufflers on the 2018 and up models at least with active exhaust because while I don’t have this X pipe I have a Ford Racing X and my exhaust note to me sounds very deep. Almost like a Dodge Hemi or something idk but WAY deeper than say a 2017 with an aftermarket cat back

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
@PKs Thanks for the videos!

What is startup volume like with the Quiet Start enabled? Is it much louder? That's my main concern.
I can tell you with the Ford Racing X pipe I have the cold start in quiet mode is definitely for an instant a lot louder until the valves close. If you have a garage start it with the door closed. After an instance when fired up no possible way at all anybody would give you trouble. Just sounds like a stock V8 on a truck or something. Barely audible rumble

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
I did some more videos today, starting with a cold start in "Quite" mode.

Great vids, I found that after while it has settled in its rawness after the carbon buildup. After the tickford tune, the burbles are a bit less but are more snappier.

Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
No trouble with the police yet?
Not for me. Admittingly I choose when not to hit it too hard but that probably applies to anyone driving a V8. It is easy to drive it without attracting attention when you want to/need to.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Borla finally put out a promo vid for the xpipe

Called the switchfire

Sponsored

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Not for me. Admittingly I choose when not to hit it too hard but that probably applies to anyone driving a V8. It is easy to drive it without attracting attention when you want to/need to.
Hah unfortunately testing of the xpipe brought the attention to a most likely undercover police officer and got issued with an EPA warning. Its quieter now with the carbon buildup.

Plans for an axle back in the future?

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hah unfortunately testing of the xpipe brought the attention to a most likely undercover police officer and got issued with an EPA warning. Its quieter now with the carbon buildup.

Plans for an axle back in the future?
Hi Blk19, what was the EPA warning. I have also had a deepening of the sound after a while of driving.Thinking of trying a video with a camera on the back of the car while I am driving. There was one in the Bullitt forum but I was wondering how the GT's sounded from that angle. I don't plan on any further exhaust changes.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Hi Blk19, what was the EPA warning. I have also had a deepening of the sound after a while of driving.Thinking of trying a video with a camera on the back of the car while I am driving. There was one in the Bullitt forum but I was wondering how the GT's sounded from that angle. I don't plan on any further exhaust changes.
Pk,

It was a letter on excessive noise and just a warning that if there are further reports to your car, you will be required to get a exhaust test done. Its anonymous thats an annoying thing stating a member of community but i believe 90% of the time its a police officer who cant be bothered pulling you over (maybe because they dont have a sound meter).

Yeah video that if you could, best bet to gopro it and stick it at the back as many youtubers have done.

Ive been outside the car while a mate gave it rev and agree with the promo vid the rasp exotic sound does kick in after 4000rpms.

Im thinking of going for a borla s type l, something integrated with the active system. Man i do hate the cheap tips of the stock quads :(

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Finally fitted. Only took the shop less than an hour. The existing resonator pipes are best cut insitu and not how the instructions said to take the entire exhaust from the resonator clamps back to the tips and lay on the floor to cut. The new X pipe seems to be about 10mm (if that) lower than OEM resonator. On the road they make the "normal" in active exhaust sound like "sport" and "sport" sound like "track" and so on. I took it for a 20klm drive and it seems a much deeper note overall with no rasp at all and no drone. I need to experience it more though. Now I have to work out how to post videos.
Fitted.jpg
Ground Clearance.jpg
Ground Clearance 2.jpg
Fitted and plenty of clearance
Thank you for the pictures.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs