PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
That's one crazy looking x pipe.
Yes it sure is. Because of the lack of replies and no other information on the internet I suspect that they are very new. I am still waiting for a response from Borla. I didn't really want to be the first to have them and then not like the sound.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well Borla was no help whatsoever on this x-pipe question so I have decided to be a guinea pig. I would have thought that they would just mosey along outside and do a quick sound clip for me but their response was....
"I do not believe we are going to be releasing a video for that.The sound difference is not as large as the performance benefit with the product in question over a traditional x-pipe."
Tells me heaps. Anyhow apart from being pissed at their lack of customer service and because of the interesting arrangement of the piece, I have ordered one from a local supplier. I will know in December sometime if I wasted my money or not.

MaineGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, Race Red
Well Borla was no help whatsoever on this x-pipe question so I have decided to be a guinea pig. I would have thought that they would just mosey along outside and do a quick sound clip for me but their response was....
"I do not believe we are going to be releasing a video for that.The sound difference is not as large as the performance benefit with the product in question over a traditional x-pipe."
Tells me heaps. Anyhow apart from being pissed at their lack of customer service and because of the interesting arrangement of the piece, I have ordered one from a local supplier. I will know in December sometime if I wasted my money or not.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this new design and how it sounds once installed. The details are pretty thin on Borla’s site

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this new design and how it sounds once installed. The details are pretty thin on Borla’s site
I should be able to do a video of them once installed Joe. Won't be until near xmas though.

MaineGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, Race Red
I should be able to do a video of them once installed Joe. Won't be until near xmas though.
Sounds great and I’ll look forward to that, thanks

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Main benefit I see from x-pipe (without kidding myself there is any performance benefit) is weight reduction vs. stock resonator. Since this has almost twice as many pipes as regular x-pipe, doesn't look like much of a reduction.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
I am on the same boat, looking to pull the trigger and buy this one, but the lack of any videos or reviews of this is making me hesitate. That and the hefty price tag on this.
But looking at the design it looks like a crossover of straights and the xpipe so my assumption is that any performance benefit is across the whole powerband? Sound would be intersting too... old school muscle cross raspy new age.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I am on the same boat, looking to pull the trigger and buy this one, but the lack of any videos or reviews of this is making me hesitate. That and the hefty price tag on this.
But looking at the design it looks like a crossover of straights and the xpipe so my assumption is that any performance benefit is across the whole powerband? Sound would be intersting too... old school muscle cross raspy new age.
Best Exhaust in Canberra told me that Borla were working on a video.

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
Best Exhaust in Canberra told me that Borla were working on a video.
Cool, ive been in contact with car mods australia who have them on backorder. They too have little to go with, pointing to an installation guide and the item on cjpony
Sponsored