MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Hello All,

I currently have a 2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium on order w/ the Active Exhaust. I used to own a 2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium with a Borla Atak exhaust and absolutely loved it. I am currently considering just buying an X-Pipe / H-Pipe or the Active Exhaust, or whether to buy a Corsa Extreme/Borla Atak. Unrelated to "which exhaust is better sounding," which would get the loudest sound without headers? Would it be the Borla/Corsa Extreme route or would it be keeping the factory active exhaust and adding an X-Pipe / H-Pipe. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks and have a wonderful rest of your day.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Either the ATAK or Extreme will be louder than just a resonator delete. I was considering a resonator delete with an H pipe but I think the factory active system sounds pretty good as is. Track mode is plenty loud for me, at least right now. That might change over time. Sound-wise, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those options. They all sound good to me. Just depends on the tone you are looking for. The Extreme does have a bit of a higher pitch, more exotic type tone. It’s different than most options for these cars that’s for sure.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Either the ATAK or Extreme will be louder than just a resonator delete. I was considering a resonator delete with an H pipe but I think the factory active system sounds pretty good as is. Track mode is plenty loud for me, at least right now. That might change over time. Sound-wise, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those options. They all sound good to me. Just depends on the tone you are looking for. The Extreme does have a bit of a higher pitch, more exotic type tone. It’s different than most options for these cars that’s for sure.
I went and test drove a 3.55 Mustang GT w/ the Active Exhaust. I thought I set it to Track but there were a few times where it stated to check the manual. Unrelated to that, it seemed awfully quiet inside the cabin. I wasn't flooring it but still. Maybe I'm just used to my old Borla Atak being obnoxiously loud, or the sound deadening has gotten way better in the Mustang. Either way, I appreciate your advice.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I went and test drove a 3.55 Mustang GT w/ the Active Exhaust. I thought I set it to Track but there were a few times where it stated to check the manual. Unrelated to that, it seemed awfully quiet inside the cabin. I wasn't flooring it but still. Maybe I'm just used to my old Borla Atak being obnoxiously loud, or the sound deadening has gotten way better in the Mustang. Either way, I appreciate your advice.
Yes, you’ll get the track use only warning light when you switch to track mode for the exhaust. Just click OK and you’re good to go. It‘s not as loud as the ATAK, so if that’s what you’re used to it will sound quieter. I came from a V6, so quiet mode is louder than I’m used to LOL.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Yes, you’ll get the track use only warning light when you switch to track mode for the exhaust. Just click OK and you’re good to go. It‘s not as loud as the ATAK, so if that’s what you’re used to it will sound quieter. I came from a V6, so quiet mode is louder than I’m used to LOL.
Yeah. I'm not entirely sure at this point. I think it didn't allow me some times? Eventually I just said screw it and put it in track mode. As I don't know the new platform, I probably just had no idea what I was doing (nothing new there). I'm used to gunning it all the time in the Borla, so I guess everything just sounds quiet now. I've never owned the v6 platform but people have gotten them pretty loud.

This is what I was used to (this was me)

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah. I'm not entirely sure at this point. I think it didn't allow me some times? Eventually I just said screw it and put it in track mode. As I don't know the new platform, I probably just had no idea what I was doing (nothing new there). I'm used to gunning it all the time in the Borla, so I guess everything just sounds quiet now. I've never owned the v6 platform but people have gotten them pretty loud.

This is what I was used to (this was me)
If the one you test drove has the toggle switches under the stereo, I’m not 100% sure if the exhaust mode automatically changes to track mode when you toggle to track in the drive modes (I have the 300a package, so the small screen no toggle switches). The exhaust settings are changed via the steering wheel controls in the menu that comes up in the dash. The sound deadening in the cabin is actually pretty good, but if you roll the windows down a bit you can definitely tell the difference between Normal and Track for the exhaust modes. I guess my advice would be to play around with the exhaust modes when you get your car then upgrade from there if you think you need more. The catback systems for active exhaust cars are quite pricey, especially Borla and Corsa (and rightfully so, they’re the best quality systems out there IMO).

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
If the one you test drove has the toggle switches under the stereo, I’m not 100% sure if the exhaust mode automatically changes to track mode when you toggle to track in the drive modes (I have the 300a package, so the small screen no toggle switches). The exhaust settings are changed via the steering wheel controls in the menu that comes up in the dash. The sound deadening in the cabin is actually pretty good, but if you roll the windows down a bit you can definitely tell the difference between Normal and Track for the exhaust modes. I guess my advice would be to play around with the exhaust modes when you get your car then upgrade from there if you think you need more. The catback systems for active exhaust cars are quite pricey, especially Borla and Corsa (and rightfully so, they’re the best quality systems out there IMO).
Fair enough. I guess I'll just have to be patient until I have a confirmed build date. My Genesis got hit by a 16 year old, so I've been patiently waiting for it to be repaired to sell it. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky few who actually get their mustang. I don't believe any of us will actually know until the week before Dec 7th, but I could be wrong. I'm leaning currently towards the Corsa Extreme as its unique and something different, but I'm hoping to find someone local who has either the Borla or the Corsa. Fingers crossed lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Fair enough. I guess I'll just have to be patient until I have a confirmed build date. My Genesis got hit by a 16 year old, so I've been patiently waiting for it to be repaired to sell it. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky few who actually get their mustang. I don't believe any of us will actually know until the week before Dec 7th, but I could be wrong. I'm leaning currently towards the Corsa Extreme as its unique and something different, but I'm hoping to find someone local who has either the Borla or the Corsa. Fingers crossed lol
Haha, yeah the waiting is the hardest part. That sucks you got hit, hopefully everyone was ok. The Corsa Extreme is definitely a unique sound, so you’d standout in that regard. Hopefully everyone that got their orders in early will get them built. The ones that wait until December or January might be SOL since Ford has already confirmed ‘23 will be a short run.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
If you are going Borla atak, save the money and change out the active exhaust. You'll be replacing all of it anyways. An active exhaust with an x/h pipe in track mode will not be near as loud.

However I have a full 3 inch magnaflow on my whipple charged car and it is obnoxiously loud at FTB. I enjoy my active exhaust with my steeda x pipe in my 22 much more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Haha, yeah the waiting is the hardest part. That sucks you got hit, hopefully everyone was ok. The Corsa Extreme is definitely a unique sound, so you’d standout in that regard. Hopefully everyone that got their orders in early will get them built. The ones that wait until December or January might be SOL since Ford has already confirmed ‘23 will be a short run.
I shit you not, I just got scheduled for production.. What are the odds

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hello All,

I currently have a 2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium on order w/ the Active Exhaust. I used to own a 2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium with a Borla Atak exhaust and absolutely loved it. I am currently considering just buying an X-Pipe / H-Pipe or the Active Exhaust, or whether to buy a Corsa Extreme/Borla Atak. Unrelated to "which exhaust is better sounding," which would get the loudest sound without headers? Would it be the Borla/Corsa Extreme route or would it be keeping the factory active exhaust and adding an X-Pipe / H-Pipe. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks and have a wonderful rest of your day.
It all comes down to the sound you like for exhaust. X is going to give you more rasp over an H pipe; H will have a deeper old school tone.

Some are very happy with a resonator delete with the stock Active system. If you want a little extra out of if that's where the aftermarket active systems come into play.

Corsa is a little more exotic sounding where the Borla is a little deeper; again all personal preference as to what you like the sound of personally. Active makes it nice because you have loud or quite on demand!

Whichever setup you decide to go with let me know and I'll get you dialed in!

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The problem is, the sound insulation of the interior is quite good. Not Bentley good, mind you, but still better than average. I also feel at times that the exhaust is a bit too quiet in Track mode, but my wife says she can hear me coming home from three hundred yards away. My colleagues tell me the same. I once mentioned to them that all I can hear inside is a soft purr, and they said, "oh no, it's properly loud, there's nothing soft about it". And that's when I'm doing 12 mph in second gear, at 1500 rpm or so. I can only imagine how it must sound at 4000+ rpm. I'd love to hear that, but unfortunately there's no other GT in the neighborhood, and I won't let anyone else drive mine. :blush:

Last edited:

EruptionGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT 10 speed Performance Pack
Hands down Corsa active. The track mode is gobs louder than factory active with resonator delete at WOT, and with me being catless, it can make people deaf at full throttle. In quiet mode, you can sneak around without anybody hearing it. It is about 30% louder at startup in quiet mode but it won't startle your neighborhood awake. The ability to have both an insanely quiet car and an insanely loud car makes the Corsa worth every penny in my opinion.

One reason I went with Corsa is their active valve assembly is warrantied for 5 years where Borla is only one year.

If you are catless, the shiny polished tips especially the inside ones, will get a rainbow hue after a few days due to heat discoloration. Some mild polish will get it back to new
Sponsored