Active w/ X-Pipe/H-Pipe or Borla/Corsa Exhaust

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For those who have the Active Exhaust, is there a way to have it set to Track by default? (like when you turn the car on). I don't own a mustang yet so I wouldn't know.
No, the default is Normal mode. You can push the start button (without pushing the brake so you turn accessory mode on only) set it to Track then start the car. But you would have to do that every time. Quiet start is the only other start option unfortunately.
Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So you still have the active feature

I bought the active because I may live in a apartment complex for a little/and or when I buy my house I don't want to piss of the neighbors. Its my daily, but honestly once I'm out of the neighborhood it'll be in track mode (sound) 90% of the time.
Yes, I still have it on my car. Love the sound and the ability to select the sound level I want. Some tracks wont let you run with loud cars.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
For those who have the Active Exhaust, is there a way to have it set to Track by default? (like when you turn the car on). I don't own a mustang yet so I wouldn't know.
Only way is to pull a fuse I believe but not 100% which fuse or if that fuse is tied to other stuff. When I want a loud start, I turn on ACC first and switch to track and then start

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
No, the default is Normal mode. You can push the start button (without pushing the brake so you turn accessory mode on only) set it to Track then start the car. But you would have to do that every time. Quiet start is the only other start option unfortunately.
I see you also got the GT500 wing? I love it makes the car look great

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I keep considering that wing as well. I used to own the MMD but everyone has that now, and I want to do something a bit different. Not sure which one out there is the best one on the market, but I'll have to get it painted either way (as no one has 23 Mischievous Purple / 22 Oil Slick Purple).

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks, I love it. Really looks great on these cars, Ford knocked it out of the park on that one.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I keep considering that wing as well. I used to own the MMD but everyone has that now, and I want to do something a bit different. Not sure which one out there is the best one on the market, but I'll have to get it painted either way (as no one has 23 Mischievous Purple / 22 Oil Slick Purple).
It costs more, but I went with the Ford Performance wing. Has all the bolts and guide posts. Some of the less expensive replicas are only held on by 3M tape and that’s a no go for me, no matter how strong that tape is (and it is quite strong).

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
It costs more, but I went with the Ford Performance wing. Has all the bolts and guide posts. Some of the less expensive replicas are only held on by 3M tape and that’s a no go for me, no matter how strong that tape is (and it is quite strong).
I'm currently looking at the MP CONCEPTS one. The one thing I hate though is most of the local shops here suck, and will most likely scratch up my paint installing it (thats what happened with my MMD one)

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I have the MP Concepts from American muscle. If you’re going to get it painted I would suggest that one primed. The quality is great and super sturdy. I got the painted black one with gurney flap for $200, paint quality is good enough for me I don’t care that much. A little bit of orange peel in places but no one is going to inspect it that hard.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm currently looking at the MP CONCEPTS one. The one thing I hate though is most of the local shops here suck, and will most likely scratch up my paint installing it (thats what happened with my MMD one)
It’s pretty easy to change out, especially if you have the lip spoiler from the factory. No drilling would be required. Just tape all around it so as not to scratch the paint and take your time. Especially with your car being brand new, the spoiler comes out easier than a car that’s a few years old. The tape hasn’t had a chance to really bake onto the paint. Took me about 2 hours and that includes polishing the area and ceramic coating the wing and previously covered parts of the trunk.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Should definitely do it yourself. You shouldn't need goo gone on a brand new car. I found that it made it a little harder to roll off the adhesive. Easiest way I found was roll some off into a ball and then keep using that ball of adhesive to pull the rest off, saved my thumbs. Get one of those thin telescoping magnets from harbor freight to get the wing nuts off without dropping them in the trunk. Really easy to do, and yep plan for 2 hours.
Sponsored

Last edited: