MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Hands down Corsa active. The track mode is gobs louder than factory active with resonator delete at WOT, and with me being catless, it can make people deaf at full throttle. In quiet mode, you can sneak around without anybody hearing it. It is about 30% louder at startup in quiet mode but it won't startle your neighborhood awake. The ability to have both an insanely quiet car and an insanely loud car makes the Corsa worth every penny in my opinion.

One reason I went with Corsa is their active valve assembly is warrantied for 5 years where Borla is only one year.

If you are catless, the shiny polished tips especially the inside ones, will get a rainbow hue after a few days due to heat discoloration. Some mild polish will get it back to new
Corsa Extreme it is! I'll get it installed when I get the car home.
Sponsored

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
I'm having the same dilemma. 21 active exhaust with an H pipe. I don't think it's very loud anymore. Everyone tells me it is though.

I'm thinking double H pipe corsa xtreme from lethal performance.

I've read that it's much louder than my current set up. But I'm debating if it's worth the $2600

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm having the same dilemma. 21 active exhaust with an H pipe. I don't think it's very loud anymore. Everyone tells me it is though.

I'm thinking double H pipe corsa xtreme from lethal performance.

I've read that it's much louder than my current set up. But I'm debating if it's worth the $2600
the doulbe xx corsa sounds much better and flows better, corsa designed the mufflers around their classic double xx, all of their ford systems are designed around it.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have active exhaust on mine with an Roush X pipe and love the sound. Ran an H pipe for the first 2 years and it sounded good as well. Really depends upon the sound you want. I found on mine the X has just a little less deep sound to it, but my gas milage went up 2 -3 mpg.
If you're to have the active on your car why rip it out to put a different exhaust installed?

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Hey Nate,

I put an H pipe on my '20 with AE and loved the sound in Sport mode. Then I had the Ford Performance package installed with the CAI and tune and love it even more now. Plenty loud and burps and pops when you let of the gas now (because of the tune). Don't feel I need it any louder as I'm sure this setup will get me a noise ticket some day :)

Best of luck and enjoy your new purchase!!

Sponsored

Mikey.5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have the Corsa Active Double H setup, at full throttle it sounds so goooood. Planning on going longtubes soon so it should so even more insane.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I went Borla full cat back with the X pipe. I love the sound, albiet I went with the S type. It is still loud AF at WOT in track mode. Fairly quiet in quiet mode to apease the neighbors when I leave the house. I'm reallhy happy with my setup so far. Rolled black chrome tips are a nice touch with all my blacked out trim.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
I shit you not, I just got scheduled for production.. What are the odds
If you like loud all the time then pass on the active exhaust. I like the quiet mode which is MUCH quieter than normal mode on a cold start.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I have active exhaust on mine with an Roush X pipe and love the sound. Ran an H pipe for the first 2 years and it sounded good as well. Really depends upon the sound you want. I found on mine the X has just a little less deep sound to it, but my gas milage went up 2 -3 mpg.
If you're to have the active on your car why rip it out to put a different exhaust installed?
So you still have the active feature
If you like loud all the time then pass on the active exhaust. I like the quiet mode which is MUCH quieter than normal mode on a cold start.
I bought the active because I may live in a apartment complex for a little/and or when I buy my house I don't want to piss of the neighbors. Its my daily, but honestly once I'm out of the neighborhood it'll be in track mode (sound) 90% of the time.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
So you still have the active feature

I bought the active because I may live in a apartment complex for a little/and or when I buy my house I don't want to piss of the neighbors. Its my daily, but honestly once I'm out of the neighborhood it'll be in track mode (sound) 90% of the time.
You can get the corsa extreme active like others have said, i don't know how much more it costs but I love the active exhaust. I'm over here worried that just a H pipe resonator will be too loud in quiet mode on a cold start.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
You can get the corsa extreme active like others have said, i don't know how much more it costs but I love the active exhaust. I'm over here worried that just a H pipe resonator will be too loud in quiet mode on a cold start.
@beefcake has a great deal on it, substantially cheaper than anyone else so I'll be hitting them up once my car comes in.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Corsa AE w/ Double H here, people's eyes get wide on start up lol Quiet is very quiet.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Corsa AE w/ Double H here, people's eyes get wide on start up lol Quiet is very quiet.
Quiet might be a little relative. Quiet compared to normal corsa volume but how quiet is it compared to stock quiet. Isn't it amazing having a 460hp muscle car and wanting it to sound like a prius at startup? Which I still cant believe I finally own one. Every time i go to just normally pass someone I am reminded that holy crap this thing flies.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Quiet might be a little relative. Quiet compared to normal corsa volume but how quiet is it compared to stock quiet. Isn't it amazing having a 460hp muscle car and wanting it to sound like a prius at startup? Which I still cant believe I finally own one. Every time i go to just normally pass someone I am reminded that holy crap this thing flies.
I will try to get a clip, to me it is eerily quiet but I can't compare to stock AE as my car did not come with it. I went through the effort of doing a retrofit, got lucky all the right pieces were in place.

To my ear....

Quiet = Quiet
Normal = Corsa Touring
Sport = Corsa Sport
Track = Corsa Extreme

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I will try to get a clip, to me it is eerily quiet but I can't compare to stock AE as my car did not come with it. I went through the effort of doing a retrofit, got lucky all the right pieces were in place.

To my ear....

Quiet = Quiet
Normal = Corsa Touring
Sport = Corsa Sport
Track = Corsa Extreme
For those who have the Active Exhaust, is there a way to have it set to Track by default? (like when you turn the car on). I don't own a mustang yet so I wouldn't know.
Sponsored