Borla vs Borla.......

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
Cat-back touring vs Axle-back s/type.......which one will be the least aggressive?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Will be close, but S-type axle-back with stock resonator will be slightly quieter, as the mufflers are identical. Only difference is the Borla resonator on the touring which is slightly less restrictive than the stock one.

OP
OP

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
Will be close, but S-type axle-back with stock resonator will be slightly quieter, as the mufflers are identical. Only difference is the Borla resonator on the touring which is slightly less restrictive than the stock one.
Thanks! This is what I was really trying to figure out. Will the factory resonator really be more quiet than the Borla? Here is a pic of inside of factory one, it has very small holes and none through the middle of it. With the Borla being perforated all the way through with a built in x, I wondered if it would do a better job?

IMG_1820.jpg

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
This.

Having run both setups myself (have the Borla resonator in now), they are very close in sound. The stock resonator is maybe a little bit quieter, but it's hard to tell. Also, Borla catback will be lighter than the factory setup.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have the borla touring catback with the resonator. This is exactly an s type with the resonator. Looks like stype and touring share the same mufflers. Honestly, its way too quiet, especially during the summer heat. I am getting the frpp x mid pipe this week to convert my catback to a complete stype system. I may put back the resonator during winter to minimize high volume cold starts. The stock resonator is even more quiter than borla's. I had an axle back at the beginning.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I swapped out the S-type catback X pipe with the Borla resonator because I couldn't stand the obnoxious raspiness. The touring setup sounds good, maybe a little too subtle but it's very refined.

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
I swapped out the S-type catback X pipe with the Borla resonator because I couldn't stand the obnoxious raspiness. The touring setup sounds good, maybe a little too subtle but it's very refined.
Any drone with your setup with the resonators? I know Borla says that their systems don't drone, but every manufacturer seems to say that.

Bought the Magnaflow Competition catback and the drone between 1.5k and 2k RPM in 6th gear (60-70 mph) is unbearable to me, and I'm looking at the Borla Touring system or the Corsa Sport System to replace it.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highway driving was mildly annoying with the X pipe but it's very comfortable with the resonator. No drone complaints.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The mufflers still provide enough deep tone in my opinion. I also had a roush back in the day and heard a corsa sport exhaust in person. The borla stype is no where close to being raspy. Inside the car you can barely hear these systems. The touring catback has a pretty deep tone till 3000 rpm and then it starts to fade away. I also realized my borla system didnt come with the weep holes for draining water, that was some design fail in the early models.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem with the Stypes wasn't that you could hear the raspiness in the car, it's that the high frequency metallic tapping noise was embarrassing and made the car feel like a riced out Civic.

Sponsored

Buellracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic GT/CS convertible
The problem with the Stypes wasn't that you could hear the raspiness in the car, it's that the high frequency metallic tapping noise was embarrassing and made the car feel like a riced out Civic.

Huh?! Metallic raspiness is not how I would describe my S type catback AT ALL and I'm in a convertible with much more noise entering the cabin even with the top up!
Top down full throttle, even standing in the drive and listening as my wife drives it away I don't hear ANY raspiness, lots of good deep burble. Honest I would take a video of you are having problems with rasp and ask David Borla because that guy is on top of customer service and something is definitely up if you have any thoughts of rasp from the S type.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda sounds like this (credit to [MENTION=7581]NEED2015GT[/MENTION]), but it's always going to be more obvious in person. Super raspy especially when cold.

[ame]

I still have the X pipe, of course. It'll probably go back on at some point.

Erolst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015 black
That's exactly what I ´m afraid of. I have Borla AB with my stock resonator and wish to have a bit more sound but not crazy loud like x-pipe seems to be if added to my set-up.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Is the x pipe on the stype a real x pipe? The flows do cross with each other? The FRPP x pipe i ordered sure looks like an x pipe but the Borla stype x pipe seems to be bended to look like an x pipe but no cross flow.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I can report back this Friday with the installed setup. It will be Borla Touring mufflers with FRPP x pipe and stock headers.
Sponsored