OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Is the FRPP touring gt350 the same as ford racing by borla touring?
If so I'm sure by installing resonator with touring muffler you would be pretty quite. I like the borla touring cause it's the s-type muffler so if I want to go louder I can cut my h-pipe and put that in to replace borla resonator. Prob won't do that though because I would imagine cabin noise greatly increases!
Sponsored

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
Is the FRPP touring gt350 the same as ford racing by borla touring?
If so I'm sure by installing resonator with touring muffler you would be pretty quite. I like the borla touring cause it's the s-type muffler so if I want to go louder I can cut my h-pipe and put that in to replace borla resonator. Prob won't do that though because I would imagine cabin noise greatly increases!
No the FRPP GT350 exhaust is tuned differently and has quad tips. Borla tried to make it sound as much like the GT350 as possible I suppose. Only so much you can do there, but they did a good job with it. Since they also make the exhaust for the GT350 I guess they had a pretty good feel for it. It seems that all the stuff they make for ford has a slightly different tune from their in-house stuff.

After about a month with it, I decided to try the borla touring resonator and I really like the outcome. It isn't quiet by any stretch but it's definitely toned down from the original X-pipe config. I would describe it as a more refined and maybe even a bit exotic.

I think you'll like the Borla touring. If you do decide to try the H, at least you know you can go back as long as you cut it rather than the back pipes. The H-pipes as well as the resonator delete X-pipes are considerably longer than the X and resonator from Borla (and FRPP).

Of course another option would be to buy the Borla sport system and if its too much for you, you can add the resonator like I did.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my Borla touring installed, absolutely perfect sound I was looking for! For a 37 year old responsible guy it's just the right class and volume my v8 muscle car needs, love it!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That'd be my choice too and I'm older than you ... explain the change compared to stock if you don't mind. Anything about it where the stock sound was better?

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I can't really remember what it was like stock because I took out the suitcase about a year ago and replace it with an H pipe. It does seem to be quieter in the cabin with the borla resonator than with the h-pipe and stock mufflers. It's such a nice deep tone with that borla sound and when you get on it it's perfect mustang sound, no rasp and no drone whatsoever.

Sponsored

Camo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CAI, Tuned, Ford Racing Exhaust
Ford Racing Touring Exhaust

My nickels worth on this. I installed the Ford Racing Touring Exhaust on my 16 GT Premium. Yes, it's loud and a bit raspy when you want it to be. After about 6 weeks I swapped out the xpipe with the Borla Resonator, mostly out of curiosity. After another six weeks I went back to the xpipe. I won't be putting the resonator back on. I know it's a matter of personal preference, but with normal driving it sounds so awesome, and if I want to get on it....well, it still sounds awesome, just louder. Turns heads for sure.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
were big fans of the borla. let us know if you need any pricing, we have great deals every day
Sponsored