Sponsored

Boot lid seam corrosion/rust help

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Mmmmmm

As a business owner 'demanding' clients / customers go to the bottom of the pile. Those that are nice get the best response from us.
as a business owner if you provide good service then you don't get demanding clients/customers this is the bit ford and its dealerships forgot which is why as Nige puts it you need to demand they do it right because they will treat you like shit and they will short cut repairs to save a penny.

as i said before you're the exception having good service not the rule.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
as a business owner if you provide good service then you don't get demanding clients/customers this is the bit ford and its dealerships forgot which is why as Nige puts it you need to demand they do it right because they will treat you like shit and they will short cut repairs to save a penny.

as i said before you're the exception having good service not the rule.
You have never run a business then ! Some people were born demanding, including some of those I have never met before and had no dealings with, so nothing to do with the service I have provided to them !

I wonder whether there is a connection between those moaning most about Ford dealers and those that insist demanding is the only option available ?

Try being nice - it really doesn't hurt !

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Try being nice - it really doesn't hurt !
I tried being nice, as I normally do with anyone, at my local ford dealer after noticing my drivers door had a very shallow dent in it on delivery. I "nicely" asked them to fix it, to which they replied they could not repair the door so it had to be replaced.

they then tried to repair the door with filler in the hope I wouldn't notice. At which point I demanded a new door be fitted, as originally spec'd by them!! I then had to demand the paint be corrected.. twice and the trim that they broke be replaced rather than glued back on with araldite hoping I wouldn't notice.. this after I "nicely" offered to strip the door for them to avoid the cock up I knew they would make.

So... the reason I mentioned the OP should demand a new boot lid was just in case they tried to fob him off with a repair, and if you take my story into account, that still might happen?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I tried being nice, as I normally do with anyone, at my local ford dealer after noticing my drivers door had a very shallow dent in it on delivery. I "nicely" asked them to fix it, to which they replied they could not repair the door so it had to be replaced.

they then tried to repair the door with filler in the hope I wouldn't notice. At which point I demanded a new door be fitted, as originally spec'd by them!! I then had to demand the paint be corrected.. twice and the trim that they broke be replaced rather than glued back on with araldite hoping I wouldn't notice.. this after I "nicely" offered to strip the door for them to avoid the cock up I knew they would make.

So... the reason I mentioned the OP should demand a new boot lid was just in case they tried to fob him off with a repair, and if you take my story into account, that still might happen?
Fair enough - I'm not saying I never get demanding, but it isn't my default starting point.

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough - I'm not saying I never get demanding, but it isn't my default starting point.
Darn right. I just assume most people who want to take my money or do work for me want the quickest /easiest/ cheapest option these days. Such a shame...

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Booked in Monday for a new boot kid and respray, blending into current paint where required. 3 day jon apparently. Anyway so far so good.
Nice one. Ask them to spray wax inside around the seams just for some added protection.

When they blend that means they will blow the new paint across the top of the rear wings. If they use clear over base, they should really clear coat the whole panel for longevity. If this is done, check you are happy with the finish around the rear quarterlights as they are bonded in and the lower edge is glued down with double sided tape. If they lift it, it may not go down properly?

When mine was done they removed the glass with a chainsaw by the look of it and then refitted it too low and too far back, with the bottom edge sticking up. I ended up buying a new window and fitting it myself.

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice one. Ask them to spray wax inside around the seams just for some added protection.

When they blend that means they will blow the new paint across the top of the rear wings. If they use clear over base, they should really clear coat the whole panel for longevity. If this is done, check you are happy with the finish around the rear quarterlights as they are bonded in and the lower edge is glued down with double sided tape. If they lift it, it may not go down properly?

When mine was done they removed the glass with a chainsaw by the look of it and then refitted it too low and too far back, with the bottom edge sticking up. I ended up buying a new window and fitting it myself.
Noted. I will check im happy with it and will be complaining if im not! With it being a non metallic and the paintwork being in really good shape i would hope the match was bang on anyway, but i will leave it to them and wont be having it back until its perfect.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Booked in Monday for a new boot lid and respray, blending into current paint where required. 3 day job apparently. Anyway so far so good.
Seriously consider not blending. As it’s the boot you won’t notice a slight colour variation.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
And buying a mustang is a automatic entry in the owners support group.

One your first day on this support group you start like this :
Hi . My name is .............. Its been 3 days since I last found rust, a misaligned panel, etc etc on my Mustang.

You will find lots of like minded sufferers here .
Enjoy the car. Past all the crap it’s a boatload of fun !

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Seriously consider not blending. As it’s the boot you won’t notice a slight colour variation.
Totally agree in theory BUT if i tell them not to blend and the match is poor they are going to turn around and say "well you told us not to blend it".

If i let them do the job and its a bad job its on them.

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
At least i have it back for the weekend! Courtesy car was a cupra R, and whilst very capable it just not a 5L muscle car!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had to have the front bumper of my new mustang painted - even before the car was registered.

It was a nervous few days, but in the end it turned out well (and actually better the OE).

Just stay patient and don’t get giddy when you go to collect it - remove the emotion and make sure you check everything properly :like:

WD :like:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
You have never run a business then ! Some people were born demanding, including some of those I have never met before and had no dealings with, so nothing to do with the service I have provided to them !
wow just wow

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
sure are a lot of angry people on this thread, you guys all been reading Off Topic bunfights? I have managed to refrain from entering into the bunfight / mud slinging this time round, others not so much lol. Can't we just get along or better yet, you guys keep arguing back and forth on here and stay the fck off my roads :D 🤗
Sponsored