Sponsored

Boostworks or lpf experience daily driver

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Guys just wanting to here some feedback on these kits for 2017 mt82 gt. How are they at low boost 6-10 pounds. Really wandering about drivability and rilibilty. I really want to go turbo but having a hard time deciding on what setup to go with. All options welcome, thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Stay the hell away from boost works

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No, No, Hell no..

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
I am waiting on an LPF kit. i was told it would be a 5 week wait (which i was ok with). 4/30 was 5 weeks. I messaged them on last thurs (5/3) to ask for a status update. I have not received a response. I sent another message, an email and called today with no response. I have received the turbos, but can not seem to get anyone to contact me about the rest of the kit. I knew i was in for a wait before i ordered it, but the communication is TERRIBLE!

Dont get me wrong, i am not bashing them (yet). I researched and knew i would be in for a wait, but i wanted an LPF kit so i was ok with that. I was not quite prepared for the less than satisfactory communication, so i just want others to be prepared.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Avoid Boost Works at all costs. I went through hell and back with that and he still owes me money.

I've heard LPF has delivery delays but their kit is proven and impressive.

Loving my Hellion kit!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Anyone but Boostworks...

Hellion, LPF, Armageddon, JPC Racing also has a single turbo kit

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
After everything i’ve seen and read, i can’t imagine just not simply going with hellion if i were in the market. Seems the LPF works great as long as you can add a few weeks onto your ship date and be ok with it, just remember it ain’t amazon.

And just wow at boostworks...what a clusterfawk

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I am waiting on an LPF kit. i was told it would be a 5 week wait (which i was ok with). 4/30 was 5 weeks. I messaged them on last thurs (5/3) to ask for a status update. I have not received a response. I sent another message, an email and called today with no response. I have received the turbos, but can not seem to get anyone to contact me about the rest of the kit. I knew i was in for a wait before i ordered it, but the communication is TERRIBLE!

Dont get me wrong, i am not bashing them (yet). I researched and knew i would be in for a wait, but i wanted an LPF kit so i was ok with that. I was not quite prepared for the less than satisfactory communication, so i just want others to be prepared.
I went thru the same thing but eventually you will get the kit no problem. They are basically a one man operation and as stated the communications isn't that great at all. Hit Justin up on FB too, that's how I did get quicker responses. I installed my kit in a few days taking my time and it fit like a glove.

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
car

Hellion!!!! I've had five and they are awesome...daily drive my 2018

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

This is why I went hellion, had everything just inside of 4 weeks..

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
I'll just say this. I took a little trip down to DFW a month ago and i found out everything I needed to know about boostworks and that was from shops that worked with them and had good relationships. There is a reason they got banned from the forum. I am still shopping a FI system (yes i'm floundering on my decision) and that has saved me a headache. After i found out what i now know, i would not give boostworks a penny.

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was one of the lucky ones who got their Boostworks kit. Im really happy the kit, but the process i went through to get the kit was awful. As for drivability, it drives normal when not in boost and is pretty violent when you do WOT at full boost. I have 305 NT05 for my rears and spin them at 50 mph. Its more of a traction issue than a turbo drivability issue. If you want the kit right away, go with Hellion, if you are patient and don't mind waiting, go with LPF or one of the other mid mount kits.
Sponsored