Boosted and InterChillin'

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@MCS try the tin foil test. 1" of clearance between the tallest point on the blower (center rib on the Roush) and fully latched hood should give you the room needed to install the Ford tower brace. The Ford brace is ~0.75" thick.
1666397175909.png
1666397140759.png
that is an interesting test. I will give it a whirl tomorrow. So what do you do? Just crumpled up a bunch of tinfoil close the trunk and then measure what is been flattened?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Really enjoyed following along with this build. Thank you for taking the time to write all this up with such detail and good photos. And great job on the install. I bet its so much fun to open it up on the road now!
Thanks! Happy to help. This forum and community are awesome. I try to contribute what little I can. This is my favorite and fastest build. It's amazing what a few bolt-ons can do to these cars.

I've also found that detailed writeups help with selling or claiming insurance on modified vehicles. Especially ones with DIY installs.
I would still never buy one, but it seems to offer a slight piece of mind seeing exactly what and how stuff was installed.

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
that is an interesting test. I will give it a whirl tomorrow. So what do you do? Just crumpled up a bunch of tinfoil close the trunk and then measure what is been flattened?
Yup. Loosely crumpled and placed centered on the blower directly where the brace would cross. The Roush blower has ribs that protrude. Those features will imprint in the foil. Your clearance would be measured at the thinnest point of the foil.

Definitely worth picking up a cheep digital caliper and feeler gauge set.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yup. Loosely crumpled and placed centered on the blower directly where the brace would cross. The Roush blower has ribs that protrude. Those features will imprint in the foil. Your clearance would be measured at the thinnest point of the foil.

Definitely worth picking up a cheep digital caliper and feeler gauge set.
Thanks man. I’ll check it out tomorrow and see. Supposed to be 19C up here tomorrow so I’m definitely gonna be cruising.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
that’s what I get for voice chat. Siri sucks.
She butchers my voice text as well. I keep my phone in a "dust prove" case that definitely muffles the microphone.

edit: I also just suck at typing. That should say "dust proof"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I have peroneal nerve damage from a motorcycle accident. It's making heel/toe shifts a bit uncomfortable in this car. I'm working to improve this.

Fix #1 has been shoes.
I picked up a pair of Vans Atwood Deluxe sneakers. They're kind of stupid looking but make a big difference.

Fix #2 will be raising the gas pedal.
3/8" I.D. x 1" O.D. x 3/8" Nylon Spacers #880448 from Lowes qty. 3.

Fix #3 ordering a wider gas pedal.
I think my issue is the pedal height, but the $30 Steeda 555-1273 Heel/Toe Gas Pedal is worth a try. I'll be removing the OEM gas pedal cover as to not ruin it.

It should look like below once complete, minus I might secure the Steeda pedal with black hardware if I can find the correct screws.

Nice install @LICobra !
1666668919877.png

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike