LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So no issues prior to pulley and belt change ?
Gates Green belt ? Did you verify the length ?
I know these are basic questions but honestly a personal friend of mine that owns a performance shop will only use Continental belts.
No issues with prior belts or pullies. Just swapped a 4" with a 653 belt for a 3.5" with a 645. It is the right length. Just a standard Gates 8 rib belt though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Well it was the lower hose feeding the intercooler. It was cut a little short on install. I need a new one so I can cut it longer than the old one was. Hopefully I can find better clamps too.

20220706_175051.jpg

20220706_190228.jpg

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's awesome news!!

I used H/D T-Bolt clamps on my P1X from day 1. T-bolt clamps have a radius on the band so they won't dig in and potentially cut the tubing.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I ordered an aluminum 90* elbow, 12" of 3" 4 layer silicone hose, and 4 t bolt clamps. Should future proof this charge tube. Using tubing instead of hose for the 90 will make it stronger.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Amazon strikes again. Ordered 4 T bolt clamps (2 two packs) and received 1 new clamp, and one broken clamp.

20220708_192059.jpg

Had to go to a local truck parts place for new clamps. Double the price, but have them today, and seem to be much better quality.

20220709_090246.jpg

Compare the new elbow and silicone tubing to the old PC supplied rubber hose. I just need to cut to the exact lengths I need. These should be far more rigid, and build boost quicker!

20220708_194634.jpg

This is how these kits should come. Procharger could at least offer a premium install upgrade option, which would get rid of rubber hoses and Worm drive clamps and include all metal 90 degree bends with silicone connectors.

I guess I will continue to upgrade the rest after fixing this one.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Those clamps look like the ones I have. May not be, but they sure look like mine.

Agreed, for the price point, most if not all the flexible piping should be silicone. Be sure and get some acetone and wipe the inside of the silicone tubing, they use some kind of release agent that is somewhat greasy and could cause the tubing to slip.

I upgraded some of my hoses to silicone as well on the initial install, something I forgot about. I thought some of the hoses in the kit looked kinda' cheap.

Glad it was not the cats!!!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
This is how these kits should come. Procharger could at least offer a premium install upgrade option, which would get rid of rubber hoses and Worm drive clamps and include all metal 90 degree bends with silicone connectors.

We have a one-piece silicon hose that we designed but have been waiting on it since like the beginning of Covid from the vendor.

That being said, I bet I have personally installed 20+ of these kits, and now my GF is on her second install, and I have never had that tube come off, or a worm clamp fail. BUT, I am very slow and picky about how to trim that rubber 90, because its pretty easy to cut it to short. (and if its to long, it pinches over itself).

Again, we have a solution coming... we are just at the mercy of the SUPPLY chain suck. (Silicon hoses are one of the items we can't make in house, and its hard to even source with custom and complex bends in bulk)

I will update the forums as soon as we have it.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
We have a one-piece silicon hose that we designed but have been waiting on it since like the beginning of Covid from the vendor.

That being said, I bet I have personally installed 20+ of these kits, and now my GF is on her second install, and I have never had that tube come off, or a worm clamp fail. BUT, I am very slow and picky about how to trim that rubber 90, because its pretty easy to cut it to short. (and if its to long, it pinches over itself).

Again, we have a solution coming... we are just at the mercy of the SUPPLY chain suck. (Silicon hoses are one of the items we can't make in house, and its hard to even source with custom and complex bends in bulk)

I will update the forums as soon as we have it.
Tried installing the rigid 90 elbow and there is just not enough room. I am stuck until I get another hose for this thing. Not having any luck sourcing silicone j hose anywhere. I might have to go back with rubber until I can get the silicone one. It is a B!tc# to change, because my hands really don't fit in there either. I wish the installer would've left 1/2" more on the hose, I'd reuse it.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Tried installing the rigid 90 elbow and there is just not enough room. I am stuck until I get another hose for this thing. Not having any luck sourcing silicone j hose anywhere. I might have to go back with rubber until I can get the silicone one. It is a B!tc# to change, because my hands really don't fit in there either. I wish the installer would've left 1/2" more on the hose, I'd reuse it.
rad_whit.jpg

So the way my GF and I do them, is....

We mount the blower first, then slowly trim the "short" end of the 90 about 1/4" at a time... each time sliding it under the headlight and up onto the blower outlet until it fits without a kink.

Then we clamp it tightly with the worm clamp so that it can't really move. Then work our way forward toward the intercooler.

It usually takes us like 2 or 3 cuts to get it right. Which isn't the end of the world, but it will be nice once the "one piece" silicon hose finally comes from the vendor.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I also included a link to standard 1D or 2D 90’s both short and long tangent legs.
I know you did, which would work well for him. (Cause otherwise he would have to get a longer metal tube thats connecting to it).

Thanks. One of these should work well. Love the Cobra head design, looks like it would work really well in that tight spot. May need a longer metal tube though. I'll most likely get one of these.
Before going through the hassle of trying to find a longer tube and hoping the cobra coupler fits. Do you wanna just do another rubber tube thats properly cut? (the rubber seems to "grip" the discharge of the blower better than silicon anyways). Or one of the long tangent silicon units like GregO posted?
Sponsored