Sponsored

Boost gauge accuracy question

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
Hey guys I admittedly am not incredibly educated on the most accurate way to measure boost via in car gauge. The Ford performance cluster that is compatible with performance pack cars is an attractive option as I can keep a factory appearance. Are these reasonably accurate?

Thank you in advance guys.

IMG_3959.png
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
They are exactly as accurate as the speed density model and maf transfer function in the pcm calibration.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Does anyone make a pressure sensor with sending unit (physically measured at the vacuum source in the engine bay then electronically sent to a display unit)?

I'm sick of dealing with lengthy vacuum lines through the firewall and whether they're kinked or restricted.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Like Mike said, as long as the calibration is good it should be accurate. I run this in my car along with an eboost2 and it's always been within 1psi of the eboost. I wouldn't rely on it for boost readings but it is way nicer to have a boost gauge in a boosted car than vacuum only.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Does anyone make a pressure sensor with sending unit (physically measured at the vacuum source in the engine bay then electronically sent to a display unit)?

I'm sick of dealing with lengthy vacuum lines through the firewall and whether they're kinked or restricted.
My AEM X series uses a pressure sensor with sending unit. Its tapped directly into my vacuum block.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Want accuracy ? Put a mechanical boost gauge in it.