Not open for further replies.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quick question. Is there a break in period or no? (for the street spec mount)

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Quick question. Is there a break in period or no? (for the street spec mount)
Yes there is a break-in period it usually takes between 1-2k miles before the mount is fully broken in.

Sponsored

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
So I recently installed the race spec mount and love the solid shifts and the feeling that power is being transferred much more efficiently.

However I do have one question. I expected the N in NVH, I expected the H in NVH but BOY is the V really shinning here.

Normal acceleration to 2500 is as expected however, unless I am hard on acceleration anything above 2500 rpm I get a massive, floorboard shaking amount of vibration. Not fires falling off but a nice massage chair amount. Is this also normal?

Again, I'm very happy but want to make sure I dont need to Jack my car back up and adjust something though everything was 100% right when I finished the install.

Looking for experience in how much vibration you are getting at normal cruising rpms with just a little extra throttle.
20190203_145647.jpg

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I have this in my install pile along with upgraded engine mounts and engine supports, rear diff bushings, etc. Would you like me to install this alone, and see how it feels?

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
I have this in my install pile along with upgraded engine mounts and engine supports, rear diff bushings, etc. Would you like me to install this alone, and see how it feels?
If you want. The vibration occurs if I ride a gear for a min instead of shifting or just normal acceleration between 1800-2500 from. Even giving it some gas does not smooth it out.

So I dropped off the car yesterday to get an alignment done. The only other concern I have, which may not be much but as you can see in my photo the trans bolts look fo be just a hair off center from the bushings...not sure if this is normal.

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
Car is now aligned (except front as I do not have Caster/Camber plates) and the vibration is there though it does seem more manageable now. However, it is still a little more than I like (expected some) so I am going to go through what I have read is about a 450 mile break in period and see how it is afterwards.

Might just order the 60D mount or even just go back to factory with an insert since I do not mind some additional vibration/noise. The 70D just feels a little off, though, when I drive with my windows down I dont seem to notice it, lol

Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So, I installed the boomba 70D mount. I only had the steeda front and rear subrame braces, and no other IRS or mount upgrades. I had a small amount of added vibration. I cruised around holding the rpm at 500 intervals. I didn't feel any difference at specific rpms. I did a couple street friendly pulls and I could feel the vibrations more, but still not bad. No harshness. The noise was the most obvious. I could hear the clutch, and gear changes very clearly. It seemed like I had my ear pressed to the case. I will update after more driving, but I am also install a large amount of other things now so I don't know how accurate or useful I can be later.

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
So, I installed the boomba 70D mount. I only had the steeda front and rear subrame braces, and no other IRS or mount upgrades. I had a small amount of added vibration. I cruised around holding the rpm at 500 intervals. I didn't feel any difference at specific rpms. I did a couple street friendly pulls and I could feel the vibrations more, but still not bad. No harshness. The noise was the most obvious. I could hear the clutch, and gear changes very clearly. It seemed like I had my ear pressed to the case. I will update after more driving, but I am also install a large amount of other things now so I don't know how accurate or useful I can be later.
Manual tranny correct?

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Correct

To finish the day, I installed Steeda coilovers with 350 springs, Steeda pro-action rear shocks and springs, Steeda subframe bushings, and Steeda subframe alignment bushings.

I put coins in the coin tray, cupholders, and door pockets. Definitely more vibrations under acceleration, but cruising at 4k in 2nd, 3k in 3rd, etc was fine.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Car is now aligned (except front as I do not have Caster/Camber plates) and the vibration is there though it does seem more manageable now. However, it is still a little more than I like (expected some) so I am going to go through what I have read is about a 450 mile break in period and see how it is afterwards.

Might just order the 60D mount or even just go back to factory with an insert since I do not mind some additional vibration/noise. The 70D just feels a little off, though, when I drive with my windows down I dont seem to notice it, lol
We would forsure say to step down to the 60D, especially if its a daily. The 70D is more oriented to frequent track days.

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
We would forsure say to step down to the 60D, especially if its a daily. The 70D is more oriented to frequent track days.
It's not my daily by any means but the vibration is a little distracting so I went ahead and grabbed the 60d so I can compare...grabbed the short throw as well so I'm excited to see what waits.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.