Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I had mine installed yesterday, and I’m really happy with the results. I think adding some BMR vertical links will really finish it off.

This should have been one of my first mods. I added the Steeda alignment bushings made for it as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thank you for all of your support and the awesome feedback!

#TeamCB005 is alive and well!

Over the weekend, there were a few VERY impressive outings by cars that are CB005 equipped. DURING COMPETITION.

One was the wicked S550 from the Palm Beach Dyno / The Shop CT / RareFab camp.

Welcome to the world's quickest quarter mile pass by an IRS Equipped Ford Vehicle

[ame]

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
There were a very large amount of S550 Mustangs at this NMRA competition event, and the 2nd best performance was by Curtis Smith with his LPF turbo powered car - also tuned by Palm Beach Dyno and running the most proven BMR parts (to include the CB005), as well as Viking Shocks.

[ame]

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Just installed my BMR CB005 today, took advantage of the time off due to the snow storm hitting NY. Can't wait until the weather breaks to get back on the road. It's been a long winter!

Did most of you do a wheel alignment after the install? Is an alignment necessary?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed my BMR CB005 today, took advantage of the time off due to the snow storm hitting NY. Can't wait until the weather breaks to get back on the road. It's been a long winter!

Did most of you do a wheel alignment after the install? Is an alignment necessary?
It's definitely recommended. Almost everyone's cradle shifts, even if just a little bit, so your alignment will change. Target 0.20 toe total, even on both sides to +/- 0.01.

Sponsored

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
It's definitely recommended. Almost everyone's cradle shifts, even if just a little bit, so your alignment will change. Target 0.20 toe total, even on both sides to +/- 0.01.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Very possible. But I think some shops will do a free check, so you won't be out any money if it doesn't.

If you ever lower it again, it will be even less likely and if you add the Steeda alignment inserts for the CB005 when its out, they promise it will never need an alignment if the cradle is dropped again.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
These guys above hit the nail on the head.

Thank you for the support and let us know how you like it once the weather clears!

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Sure wish there was a way to get the price down. I'd love to add this to my car, I'm sure it would help with the back roads I drive daily.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Sure wish there was a way to get the price down. I'd love to add this to my car, I'm sure it would help with the back roads I drive daily.
I'm not sure why BMR would lower the price. This is already IMHO the best value mod that anyone can do to their S550. IMO everyone who has an S550 should do this mod. You can even feel the IRS moving around in everyday driving.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
I know. But some of us are financially lacking.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why BMR would lower the price. This is already IMHO the best value mod that anyone can do to their S550. IMO everyone who has an S550 should do this mod. You can even feel the IRS moving around in everyday driving.
It was lower before with the introduction of it so anything is possible. Plus Kelly's said a few of their products are being discounted due to continued sales volume.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Just had my kit installed yesterday. The rear end is definitely more planted now. I can already tell off the line when I give it some gas, it's not all over the place. Ride is tad bit stiffer but no big difference. Highly recommended!

I didn't get an alignment done but I probably will. I feel it could be just slightly off.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.