Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Two reasons.

For now, I want my OEM shortblock complete.

For later, I am going to send off the OEM block that came in the car to get it sleeved.

;)

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I have begged FRPP for an aluminator since October.... I was not aware they are available yet? If so, link me please.

The build is being done by Matt Kesatie @ Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota,FL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
My bad! Some vendors have them on their site, but "out of stock". Did you choose local shop, because they were local? or why not one of the more "well known" builders (MMR/LME/Livernois/etc)?
I chose Matt for a few reasons.

The primary reasons being that I know he does quality builds on latemodel DOHC Ford engines, and the fact that he is right down the street.

The car is at his shop taking up a lift, so it all just fell into place.

We usually do all of this stuff in house, but we are just so busy with building our 2015 PP handling car, and part development, we just simply don't have the time.

All of our development cars are completely built by us here, from the engines, to the rear ends, to the engines. We just finished up our engine in our 2011 Mustang as well (Coyote).

MY '15 will be the outcast. ;)

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So, I picked the car up last weekend. Everything seems good....just have to make some tweaks to my custom fuel system (for more flow) and hook up a boost reference to the regulator, and get with Ken Bjonnes to get it dialed in on a dyno and at the track.

In the meantime, I am adding more boost, and some other goodies. I chose a nice hot day to work on the car today....

This Nitrous Express kit delivers! I cannot believe how nice and high quality these components are, wow. I plan to use this it to spray a small shot, 50 or so, to help this heavy thing get out of the hole. ;)

I also have to install my Lund Racing NGAUGE. This piece is fantastic.

More to come soon!

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Was out doing some logging and tune revisions today.

About to put some good oil in the car and let it eat. I have about 280 miles on the new motor, so I think it's about that time.

Also making some visual/appearance changes....and some other stuff like suspension, some VC breather tanks, the nitrous of course, and some really sweet new suspension pieces.

OH, and also picked up some 20" and 19" PP Wheels from American Muscle, and some new tires from Latemodel Resto.

Good stuff coming soon. ;)

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hurry up and test out those drag springs. :) Waiting for details.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So I was able to get the car to the track a few days ago.

I cannot stress how happy I am for the first outing - especially knowing how much more is in the car.

Justin@VMP and Ken@Lund have been such great help - I am very fortunate to have these guys involved. Ken has the tune down really nicely at this point, but he still says he has more to do.

Anyhow, here is the Video Link Justin @ VMP Shot:

https://video-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=956650579eb6ddb28a7c660055da82a7&oe=55F99DEF

Launch Pics and Slip:

For those who have gotten a little lost in the thread, here is a recap for these passes.

2015 Mustang GT Automatic / 3.15 rear gear / Stock Transmission and Converter
-Kesatie Motorsports Built Shortblock
-VMP Gen 2 Supercharger with 69mm Upper Pulley
-VMP Twin 67mm TB
-JLT “Big Air” CAI
-JPC Racing VC Fitting / Crankcase Breather Kit
-ATI Super Damper
-Custom Return Fuel System using a Lethal Performance Twin Pump Harness and ’13 GT500 Hat
-Tuning by Ken Bjonnes @ Lund Racing
-MAK Performance O/R Mid Pipes (stock headers)
-Magnaflow Competition Catback
-Shaftmasters 1-pc Aluminum Driveshaft
-FRPP/G-Force Halfshafts
- Viking Crusader Rear Shocks
-Billet Specialties Street Lite “Drag Pack” for S550 Mustang (17” Front and 17” Rears)
-Aerospace 13" Front Pro Street Brake Kit
-Mickey Thompson Tires (28” SR Radial Front / 295-45-17 MTII Rears)
**And of course some BMR suspension pieces

I am attending/racing the car at NMRA Bowling Green - So I am now changing a bunch of stuff around, and will be posting pics in a few hours of some cool new parts and upgrades. ;)

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So, up first we have an 8-Rib conversion kit from VMP Tuning.

I acquired various sized pulleys. I really want to keep the Nitrous shot (not being used yet) to a 50-75...for cooling and launch purposes, not specifically for max power purposes.

The bottom pic, above, is the new Low Profile 20% stiffer low profile tensioner. This helps with clearance, and belt stability when using the larger overdrive pulleys like the 15% pictured on the right of the pic.

I plan to run the 69mm Upper / 15% lower to start.

Here, we have some Zeitronix goodies that I purchased from Lund Racing.

I will be using this in conjunction with my Lund Racing NGAUGE to have all of my data in the logs from/with the ngauge.

Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Boost Curve
EGTs
Additional Failsafe Wideband/AF

I plan on pushing things hard...so the more data the better!

Rey@Juggernaut Power hooked me up with a smoking deal on a set of these Borla Longtube headers. Tracking shows these being here Tomorrow.

I am not so sure the LT headers will improve the power and performance substantially, to be perfectly honest.

What they will do though, is make pushing more boost and nitrous a little more effective, and safer, etc. The less heat, the better!

The great folks over at Lethal Performance have a Reische 170 Stat coming my way.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...mance-ford-50-170-performance-thermostat.html

Same with the headers, this is to make the combo more effective and safer at higher cylinder pressure levels.

Now that I am going to be pushing the car much harder, I went ahead and upgraded my rear tires. I took the MT II DR in 295/45 off, in favor of these sweet new MT "R" Radials, in a 305.

I went a 1.44 previously on the other tires, and suspect they can hold 1.30s...but I think these new tires will be much more consistent.

I also wanted to get a taller tire, so I can experiment with crossing the traps in 3rd gear ----(at 8500rpm) :eyebulge:

Of all that said, I will be honest - my wife is starting to notice this stuff. I may have to slow it down temporarily.

I may pick her up a Ford Explorer EcoBoost (and tune it!) to hold her off for a bit.

More updates coming soon!!!!

Be sure to come to NMRA Bowling Green. It should be a great time.

Saturday night, I have a race lined up with the Watson Racing car. :crazy:

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can not wait to see this car in person at BG Kelly! Keep it up brother!

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So - I made the long haul to NMRA Bowling Green a few weeks back.

While I set my new PB, it was a nightmare. I broke on my very first pass, while going 9.6@144~

First pass to a 9.6@144~ Broke my aluminum Diff immediately on the launch.

Video from my FB:
https://www.facebook.com/kelly.aiken.33/videos/1004153349607047/

After this pass, I got super lucky and found a cast iron diff at the track. Yeah, what are the odds?

So, I talked to my tuner Ken and he said I needed to take my 3.15 gears out of my aluminum, and swap them into the cast iron housing. Power By The Hour happened to be at the track - and boy did they come to the rescue. Those guys helped me tremendously! They were like a damn robotic team...working in unison...it was sweet.

All buttoned up at about 10PM...took it out to dinner, back to the hotel, then back to the track in the morning to make more passes.

What could possibly fail next? Welp...the very next pass after breaking the diff, I shattered my aluminum DS. In all fairness, I am 100% confident that this happened because I damaged it on the previous pass. (the previous pass caused a bunch of damage under the car - thank god I had our DS Loop!)

***Good thing I had our DS Loop on the car I would say!

Thanks to Beefcake, I had a stock DS Delivered the next morning and spent a few hungover hours installing it - just in time for my race against Watson (great).

Well, it was suppose to work out in my favor against Watson, because I was to race them in True Street. Well, after the cruise...they sat us parked for hours, enough time for their beast to cool down and set the world on fire. LOL!

I was very nervous about running now....and had my tuner pull a bunch of timing out of the launch, so I could atleast get the car down the track without breaking.

How about a 1.57 sixty...."all out" on the throttle, compared to a 1.40 sixty, breaking parts. :lol:

Still...Watson crushed me and running 9.70s sucks. I am happy with the trap speed though. Little TVS doing work!

VIDEO OF WATSON / KELLY@BMR RACE

https://www.facebook.com/41117534/videos/10102308446277362/

Here are my slips for the weekend. 4 full days, 3 passes, all junk! :mad:
*Car # 508

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.