Not open for further replies.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
Dang. How in the world did you find a 2015 rear there? That's crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
2 days ago, I brought the car as it came back from NMRA BG....up to the shop to do some work on it.

I removed the stock DS, and replaced it with another 1-PC Shaftmasters.

I removed the Diff Lockouts, and replaced them with our BK050 Billet Diff Bushings.

I removed the stock springs, and installed our front minimal drop performance, and rear drag springs.

Needless to say, the past few days I have REALLY enjoyed just driving the car.

I put a serious amount of effort into pushing limits of parts, and testing testing testing....but sometimes it feels good to just drive the car like I am 89 years old and just cruise around enjoying it.

Coming up next will be:

-Install the Borla LT Headers that I received from Juggernaut
-Install a BAP from VMP Tuning
-Maybe replace my ID1000 with ID1300s
-Get the tune dialed in a little better on boost, as I still havent made a clean pass
-Utilize that Nitrous Express Kit that I got from Garret over at NX!

Not sure how quick it will go, but I would like to see a very low 9...if not an 8.999. ;)

That's all for now.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Dang. How in the world did you find a 2015 rear there? That's crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I am happy to say that I seem to get lucky when bad things occur. roflmao.

I am also happy to say that I have a support system like no other. I was able to locate a diff (from Chad@London Chassis Dyno)....locate a DS....and have the capability, resources, and help to get it all done to continue racing through the weekend.

The appreciation I have for the people who helped me is immeasurable.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
OH!!!!

I forgot to say, the Reische 170 Stat that Lethal sent out to me....works wonders!

After the OSW trip above where the car went 9.70s...we noticed the car gets a little on the warm side up top on the big end of the track.

Just installing the stat, has dropped the temps, both ECT and CHT a bunch.

CHT does not get over 196-196....and ECT does not get past 186 ish in the hot florida weather/traffic.

Down the track, the ECT gets to maybe 195 and CHT only 210 ish.

VERY happy with and I highly recommend the Resiche 170 Stat.

;)

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Damn Kelly. Figure out a BMR piece to beef up the stock aluminum diff. :) I have the 3.15 setup, and no want to breaky :ninja:

I assume a centri/twin turbo setup would be easier on the driveline parts on launch vs the PD blower?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So, if the weather holds out I will be making the 250 mile round trip to the track tomorrow night to see if I can get this heavy pig into the 9's on the street set-up on the 20's pictured above. I figure the raceweight will be right at about 3900lbs.

Short term plans are:

-GForce Engineering 9" IRS Conversion (keeping the OEM IRS Cradle/Arms etc)

-Power By The Hour Built 6R80 Transmission

-BTS Custom Converter

Since I am starting to push the limits of my "homebrew" Fuel System....I also plan to add ID1300's, a new -8 Feed Line, and a VMP BAP to put a consistent 16~Volts to my duel GT500 pumps.

Hope to update soon!

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So, if the weather holds out I will be making the 250 mile round trip to the track tomorrow night to see if I can get this heavy pig into the 9's on the street set-up on the 20's pictured above. I figure the raceweight will be right at about 3900lbs.

Short term plans are:

-GForce Engineering 9" IRS Conversion (keeping the OEM IRS Cradle/Arms etc)

-Power By The Hour Built 6R80 Transmission

-BTS Custom Converter

Since I am starting to push the limits of my "homebrew" Fuel System....I also plan to add ID1300's, a new -8 Feed Line, and a VMP BAP to put a consistent 16~Volts to my duel GT500 pumps.

Hope to update soon!

Holy hell .. the price on that 9" IRS doe' :eyebulge:

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Holy hell .. the price on that 9" IRS doe' :eyebulge:
Yes, there is some sticker shock there.

However, it does come with a lifetime warranty - everything in the kit.

On my current system, I run the risk of breaking yet another differential...which could break yet another driveshaft, and so on. So, a few of those breakages and I am left with a very empty pocket and still the same stuff.

In my case, I will be able to sell the parts I have to recoup some cash, and as you can imagine...I will be getting a good deal on the G-Force Kit. We have been partners with G-Force welllllll before the S550 was even thought of. Look back in this thread and you will see that I was likely the very first person to have the FRPP made by GForce Shafts on a running vehicle (I had them before any retail orders were even processed) :cheers:

So anyways, it only takes a few times breaking to make up the cost. I rather go ahead and bite the bullet now. I don't plan on making any less power. And you know at over 3850lbs and 146~trap speeds (detuned) that the car is making some steam with that little 2.3 blower.

I have some seriously awesome plans in store....tat will take place when the hot weather starts approaching next year. I would love to share, but A: I dont wanna peak to soon and B: I would prefer if no one does it before I do. lol!!!!

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes, there is some sticker shock there.

However, it does come with a lifetime warranty - everything in the kit.

On my current system, I run the risk of breaking yet another differential...which could break yet another driveshaft, and so on. So, a few of those breakages and I am left with a very empty pocket and still the same stuff.

In my case, I will be able to sell the parts I have to recoup some cash, and as you can imagine...I will be getting a good deal on the G-Force Kit. We have been partners with G-Force welllllll before the S550 was even thought of. Look back in this thread and you will see that I was likely the very first person to have the FRPP made by GForce Shafts on a running vehicle (I had them before any retail orders were even processed) :cheers:

So anyways, it only takes a few times breaking to make up the cost. I rather go ahead and bite the bullet now. I don't plan on making any less power. And you know at over 3850lbs and 146~trap speeds (detuned) that the car is making some steam with that little 2.3 blower.

I have some seriously awesome plans in store....tat will take place when the hot weather starts approaching next year. I would love to share, but A: I dont wanna peak to soon and B: I would prefer if no one does it before I do. lol!!!!

You have a point. It looks like the instant low rpm torque of a PD blower might be an issue with 9sec OEM IRS cars. I assume twin turbo/centri setups would hit the rear softer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Well dang. I drove this 3900+lb car 250 miles yesterday to go racing.

Just pull up to the track, let her cool off and......9.6 on my 20/19" wheel combo? GTFO

That VMP TVS Supercharger is like magic?

Stock Headers - check
Stock Converter - check
Stock Trans - check
Stock Rear Diff - check

I will not lie though, I make it sound easier than it is. I have done a lot of testing and tuning with my tuner Ken@Lund on a local concrete bridge. ;)

Here she is at the track, after the track and the slip.

Now the question is....I wonder how far she will go on these wheels? I may attempt to spray it once I address the fuel system. (I am running out of fuel)

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Avg boost through the run is about 16 psi.

Power level....I have no clue. My math says it's got to be in the 800whp neighborhood on this tune.

The car has gone 144-145 on a hotter tune with my "race" wheels.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll admit I skimmed the middle pages of this thread but...

Do you have the billet OPG/Crank gear sprocket parts installed at this time?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I'll admit I skimmed the middle pages of this thread but...

Do you have the billet OPG/Crank gear sprocket parts installed at this time?
I do.

I have MMR OPG and the Timing Gear.

I spin over 8K RPM....so.....yeah. :cheers:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.