BMR/Steeda Suspension Mods

Willistylz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP 2
I have a stock 19 PP2 and want to lower it a bit to remove the gap. No tracking plans just spirited driving. I’m looking to keep the car a bit more planted to the ground. I guess what I’m asking is what parts are must and what I can do without. Will be doing a flex fuel tune also.

Has anyone installed the BMR suspension package that Lethal has put together.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...n-package-level-3-2015-2022-s550-mustang.html

I’m also considering Steeda “stop the hop” and adding their mangne ride springs and few other pieces.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Chris,

By virtue of being here to help assist you at 10:00 p.m. ET ... take that as a testament to our customer service!

The stop-the-hop kit is our most popular kit - we have three (3) versions depending on how much HP you are putting down & if you are headed to the track/strip.

The starter kit is a great kit to start with as it's the foundation for every package. If you are looking at the Magneride springs ... then adding the camber plates is strongly recommended.

Please reach out to me if I can assist with any questions or provide additional support - happy to help!

TJ

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I have the bmr performance springs on steeda struts, and bmr vertical links. Ride is better then stock on 20s and holds the road very well. I’ll probably Add stop the hop kit this fall.

OP
OP
Willistylz

Willistylz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christopher
Vehicle(s)
I’ll definitely be reaching out to Steeda. Would like some opinion on what parts are best for keeping the rear planted to the ground. Don’t want to order anything that I don’t need.

Will be doing the Springs as stated to get that .75/1” drop. So Camber plates seem like a must. Subframe braces and vertical links/Rear Cradle Centering Sleeve Bushing Kit also seem like popular choices also.
Definitely want to keep cost down so anyone wants to chime in on what I can live without for now.
As always much appreciated for anyone who has installed parts listed or anything I missed.

Sponsored

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a stock 19 PP2 and want to lower it a bit to remove the gap. No tracking plans just spirited driving. I’m looking to keep the car a bit more planted to the ground. I guess what I’m asking is what parts are must and what I can do without. Will be doing a flex fuel tune also.

Has anyone installed the BMR suspension package that Lethal has put together.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...n-package-level-3-2015-2022-s550-mustang.html

I’m also considering Steeda “stop the hop” and adding their mangne ride springs and few other pieces.
The cradle lockouts are a really solid improvement to the IRS, I have bmr springs but I'm base GT so maybe someone with a modded pp2 can chime in.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Before you get your suspension mods I would tighten up the chassis first. For the front end get the stock 3 piece strut tower brace system up top and steeda G-track brace on the bottom. In the rear do the steeda rear subframe braces, rear subrame bushings and rear subframe inserts. Not a lot of money to do those mods and a great improvement to turn in response and the ass end will stop wiggling around on acceleration out of a turn. Bought my base 21 GT in march, have done 3 track days and beat on her pretty good. Base springs, struts, and sway bars aren't bad. I can see why people want to upgrade those but if you do without addressing the chassis you'll be missing out on a lot of potential of the new susp parts IMO. I do plan to get lowering springs and maybe upgrade the dampers & bars. But I need wheels and tires and a track alignment first.

OP
OP
Willistylz

Willistylz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christopher
Vehicle(s)
Before you get your suspension mods I would tighten up the chassis first. For the front end get the stock 3 piece strut tower brace system up top and steeda G-track brace on the bottom. In the rear do the steeda rear subframe braces, rear subrame bushings and rear subframe inserts. Not a lot of money to do those mods and a great improvement to turn in response and the ass end will stop wiggling around on acceleration out of a turn. Bought my base 21 GT in march, have done 3 track days and beat on her pretty good. Base springs, struts, and sway bars aren't bad. I can see why people want to upgrade those but if you do without addressing the chassis you'll be missing out on a lot of potential of the new susp parts IMO. I do plan to get lowering springs and maybe upgrade the dampers & bars. But I need wheels and tires and a track alignment first.
Thanks for the detailed info and actually listing parts. The question I have is my PP2 has the GT upper stut brace. Which brace are you suggesting?
Thanks!

692929AB-C8F5-47BB-9635-18946458E3EE.jpeg

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I have a cb005 kit on order since July. Bmr production chain must be screwed. I was told September shipment

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda in stock and ready to ship weekly :)

5speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18GT
I have Steeda subframe bushings, front lower crossbar that ties the subframe together, rear subframe braces, Steeda Active shocks and struts and Steeda progressive springs. Car rails turns and rides better than stock (PP1 suspension). Its a great deal for the money and I love it. I added wheel spacers because I love my wheels and look at how they fit. Doesnt get much better than this

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct ... it doesn't get much better than that!

TJ
Sponsored