BMR and or Steeda Suspension Advice

NYRangers2911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hey guys, I have a 2017 GT, manual, non pp car. I will be installing my Steeda Progressive springs and I want to do either a steed stop the hop or a bmr solutoin. I do daily my car but plan to use the car for street and an occasional road course. I currently just have a cai, cat back exhaust, and tune but will be going with an 18 mani w/lockouts and catless lth later in the year.

I am looking at Steeda Stop the Hop Enthusiast Kit.

555-5754 - Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces
555-4437 - Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
555-4438 - Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
555-4117 - Steeda S550 Mustang Rear Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearings

Or possibly doing a BMR combo I threw together.

BK055 2015 - 2018 Mustang Bearing kit, lower control arm, rear, premium
CB005 2015 - 2019 Mustang Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, level 2
TCA046 2015 - 2018 Mustang Vertical Link, Delrin/Spherical

BMR is about $552 and the Steeda is $416.

Anything on the BMR I should dial back or swap out? Also anyone have experience with one or the other? I know both are great companies. Just trying to figure out what's best for my situation.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the comparable Steeda vertical links in your list to make it an apples vs apples? I'd also go for the TCA048 vertical links anyway.

Also the BK081 is much more comparable to the Steeda rear control arm bearings. The BK055 is a larger, higher load bearing.

OP
OP

NYRangers2911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Where's the comparable Steeda vertical links in your list to make it an apples vs apples? I'd also go for the TCA048 vertical links anyway.

Also the BK081 is much more comparable to the Steeda rear control arm bearings. The BK055 is a larger, higher load bearing.
Good Point. I just grabbed the steeda kit as it was. Here is the updated swap outs.

Steeda:
555 4129 - Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links with Polyurethane Bushings

BMR
BK081 2015 - 2018 Mustang Bearing kit, lower control arm, rear, standard
TCA048 2015 - 2018 Mustang Vertical Links, Polyurethane Bushings

$549 for the Steeda kit now and BMR Dropped to $399

Anything I should add or take away to the BMR and or the Steeda? Why the TCA048 over the TCA046? I take it you are partial to the BMR? Experiences with both?

Thanks again man. Appreciate the feedback. Def helped trim the cost on the BMR side which is nice for sure.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good Point. I just grabbed the steeda kit as it was. Here is the updated swap outs.

Steeda:
555 4129 - Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links with Polyurethane Bushings

BMR
BK081 2015 - 2018 Mustang Bearing kit, lower control arm, rear, standard
TCA048 2015 - 2018 Mustang Vertical Links, Polyurethane Bushings

$549 for the Steeda kit now and BMR Dropped to $399

Anything I should add or take away to the BMR and or the Steeda? Why the TCA048 over the TCA046? I take it you are partial to the BMR? Experiences with both?

Thanks again man. Appreciate the feedback. Def helped trim the cost on the BMR side which is nice for sure.
Both sets of parts good options and will get you the performance you're looking for. Chose what best fits for you.

The 048 performance is very good, they're greaseable on car, and are inexpensive. Vertical links are definitely the single smallest piece of the hop/launch/grip puzzle though. They're a minor upgrade for slow corner exit. Otherwise, not much.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A little birdie strongly intimated to me that the LCA bearing is only really applicable best used for drag-racing and autocross. That for road racing it doesn't seem to (depends on driver preference) improve times or edge grip 'feel'. I learned this *after* I had mine installed. On the EB suspension rework I'm going to punt and just use the polymer vertical links. The delrin or spherical vertical links are also unless again, most suitable for drag racing and autocross.

Your list is conspicuously missing a Differential fix - not the bushing lockouts, but rather the correct bolts and collar to remove the total f'up by Ford engineering in supporting the rear of the diff in the frame.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/extreme-bolt-upgrade
Both BMR and LMR have something similar.
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/index...eid=24&maincatid=118&catid=470&productid=1764
https://lmr.com/item/BMR-RH017/mustang-differential-hardware-upgrade-15-17-bmr-rh017.

I put the Whiteline differential bushings in and very happy with the results. Very minor noise.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Give us a shout, BMR is having 15% off and most of that is ready to go:)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
A little birdie strongly intimated to me that the LCA bearing is only really applicable if you're drag-racing. That for road racing it doesn't improve times or edge grip 'feel'. I learned this *after* I had mine installed. On the EB suspension rework I'm going to punt and just get the polymer vertical links. Don't get the delrin or spherical vertical links unless again, you're drag racing.

Your list is conspicuously missing a Differential fix - not the bushing lockouts, but rather the correct bolts and collar to remove the total f'up by Ford engineering in supporting the rear of the diff in the frame.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/extreme-bolt-upgrade
Both BMR and LMR have something similar.
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/index...eid=24&maincatid=118&catid=470&productid=1764
https://lmr.com/item/BMR-RH017/mustang-differential-hardware-upgrade-15-17-bmr-rh017.

I put the Whiteline differential bushings in and very happy with the results. Very minor noise.
Well, interesting. I've been sitting on this, but I'm pretty sure the same little birdie who told you that told me the same thing. Again AFTER I installed the recommended part. In fact, he also insisted to me that the rear lower control arm bearing INDUCES a bind in the suspension. This perplexes me, because this product that he sells is advertised as ELIMINATING bind in the suspension. Says it right there on the website. So explain that one to me.

If you're going to issue blanket statements that the RLCA bearing is only for drag racing and is a detriment for road-going or road racing cars or is just not helpful at improving feel and/or times, then prove it. Explain why. I don't think we'll ever hear that explanation though.

Edit: by "you're" I don't mean you shogun32. Not directed at you just to be clear.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Don't get the delrin or spherical vertical links unless again, you're drag racing.
Why do you say this about the spherical ? just curious

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Hey guys, I have a 2017 GT, manual, non pp car. I will be installing my Steeda Progressive springs and I want to do either a steed stop the hop or a bmr solutoin. I do daily my car but plan to use the car for street and an occasional road course. I currently just have a cai, cat back exhaust, and tune but will be going with an 18 mani w/lockouts and catless lth later in the year.

I am looking at Steeda Stop the Hop Enthusiast Kit.

Or possibly doing a BMR combo I threw together.

BK055 2015 - 2018 Mustang Bearing kit, lower control arm, rear, premium
TCA046 2015 - 2018 Mustang Vertical Link, Delrin/Spherical

BMR is about $552 and the Steeda is $416.

Anything on the BMR I should dial back or swap out? Also anyone have experience with one or the other? I know both are great companies. Just trying to figure out what's best for my situation.

Thanks for the help!
I see you got springs already, so just a suggestion since you are also planning for course events, if you haven't done the install yet, see if you can pick up struts/shocks and caster camber plates or camber bolts. I'm not a suspension guru but I'm sure at some point you will change out your dampers for comfort and performance. To avoid repeating the install when you decide to upgrade, you'll probably want to see if you can get a set of dampers. I say caster camber plates so you can have more adjustability between road courses and street. Others who are more experienced may oppose to this but that's my suggestion. Especially if you are paying for the install then you'll just pay once including alignment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you say this about the spherical ? just curious
You'd have to ask the source for yourself. But the explanation given to me was that a road-circuit car should have 'give' in that component whereas the Delrin has ~none and the bearing allows a large articulation that is helpful on the strip to get the power down. The vendor in question runs several very successful drag-strip and road-race efforts and if one particular part was suitable for both undertakings, it would be on all the cars. It's not. I've made a point to tell them they really need to update their website to be clearer on such matters.

If you for example go for the revised height control arm links you're *strongly suggested* that you get the bump steer kit as well to restore the parallelogram. I didn't know that.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I see you got springs already, so just a suggestion since you are also planning for course events, if you haven't done the install yet, see if you can pick up struts/shocks and caster camber plates or camber bolts. I'm not a suspension guru but I'm sure at some point you will change out your dampers for comfort and performance. To avoid going through the initial install just to do it again when you decide to upgrade, you probably want to see if you can get a set of dampers.
+1. Get dampers if you don’t have them already. They supersede IRS mods, imo.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
large articulation that is helpful on the strip to get the power down.
The freeing up of the suspension that helps with putting power down is quite significant if you autocross as well. It's a bit less important for full road course but does ensure that the spring can push the rear inside tire into the ground harder, letting the torsen work more effectively and improving both rotation and overall grip. To say it's a drag-only mod is blatantly wrong. @strengthrehab transformed his rear suspension recently, setting new PB laptimes and having far, far more confidence in the car. That bearing being a big part of it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To say it's a drag-only mod is blatantly wrong.
You're reading into my statement (hearsay no less) something I didn't actually say. Happy now? I revised my comment. Driver feel and what they like (and thus can put down better times) is subjective.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You're reading into my statement (hearsay no less) something I didn't actually say. Happy now? I revised my comment. Driver feel and what they like (and thus can put down better times) is subjective.
Definitely agree there. All that said, it isn't a momentum car like a Miata, so getting power down is pretty important to going fast.
Sponsored