Sponsored

Additional Suspension Mods. BMR Suggestions.

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Looking for some suspension guidance.

I am currently running Koni Yellow Asjustables all around with CJPP EB23 Springs (eibach)

The car is a GT PP for reference.

I am looking to tighten up the steering and improve the performance in handling. More track oriented than drag strip.

I do have a somewhat loose steering upfront and the rear end is sloppy.

I have been looking at the cradle lockouts, cradle bushing kits, rear dog bushing kits and the new bmr 4 piece lockout kit as well as a k member brace.

I’ve decided to go with BMR however I feel like they have a lot of redundant product that are “stage 1” or “stage 2” and I do not want to get redundant products.

What do you guys recommend I start with on install on, and going later on a second install to help with the loose steering feel as well as the sloppy rear end, or what is best to just do all at once.

I have not gotten another alignment since I swapped my front struts, however it was aligned after the rears and 4 spring install. I know I am going to need an alignment.

Would appreciate from experience of a good setup for DD and track days.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Start with a Bumpsteer kit, and steedas lateral links with the extended ball joint.

Also do BMR's cradle lockout or steedas subframe bushing supports/delrin bushing inserts and subframe connectors (stop the hop starter pack).

I'm a steeda guy but BMRs stuff is just as good but someone with more knowledge on them can chime in hopefully.

Then get aligned to BMRs street specs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
DD-able, but track oriented setup I'd recommend:

Keep your Koni yellows but grab the BMR Handling springs (SP083 C) to go with. Get the CB005 cradle lockout kit.

Start there and see how you like it. I can say from experience that I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit. Start the Konis at 1-1.25 and 0.75-1.0 turns up from soft front and rear, respectively.

PM incoming!

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is the CB005 kit a better option than the new 4 piece lockout kit? I forget the part #.

Are my current springs not a good option , reason you are suggesting a change.

And also I was looking into the 4 point k member brace upfront if that’s a good upgrade.

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
DD-able, but track oriented setup I'd recommend:

Keep your Koni yellows but grab the BMR Handling springs (SP083 C) to go with. Get the CB005 cradle lockout kit.

Start there and see how you like it. I can say from experience that I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit. Start the Konis at 1-1.25 and 0.75-1.0 turns up from soft front and rear, respectively.

PM incoming!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is the CB005 kit a better option than the new 4 piece lockout kit? I forget the part #.

Are my current springs not a good option , reason you are suggesting a change.

And also I was looking into the 4 point k member brace upfront if that’s a good upgrade.
The CB762 is excellent in concert with the CB005. It is tailored to road course, but I'd strongly suggest pairing it with the CB010 or CB005.

Your springs are meant for looks only. The drops and rates are not optimal for handling.

The CB006 would be a good add but I'd recommend doing things in steps, rather than all at once.
Sponsored