Sponsored

BmacIL's Guard GT Build

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Well, embarrassingly I have to admit that I need to fire my chief mechanic (<----). It dawned on me after a few separate things all clicked together that I wasn't sure if I had installed the roll center correction lateral arm on the correct sides. They are L and R handed but not so significantly that it is completely standout or prevents one from installing on the wrong side. I went and checked the other night and confirmed my suspicions. The good news is: ball joints are still in good health only being like this for a couple months. The handling of the car is improved, particularly steering consistency and feedback. The front suspension also feels like it's working more properly, not surprising considering the lower ball joint isn't bound up (see pic). First pic before. Second pic after. You can see where the ball joint is that the angle is quite different.
0617192137a.jpg
0618191822.jpg
Noticed you went with Cortex for the bumpsteer vs steeda. Any reasons?
Car looks very flat and neutral in the video.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed you went with Cortex for the bumpsteer vs steeda. Any reasons?
Car looks very flat and neutral in the video.
Thanks! It was very good and I was never fighting the car or waiting for it.

The bearing looked a little larger/more robust, and price was the same, so I figured I'd try it.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
3.73 torsen diff install (second attempt): success! I'll write more later, but so far I absolutely love it.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
First event with the torsen. Wow is all I can say! This car is fantastic to drive.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Agreed. Your car looks so stable and fast. How is the turn in?

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Your car looks so stable and fast. How is the turn in?
It's pretty awesome. Could be a little more aggressive, but it's not lacking. It definitely goes where I point it without waiting. I beat a couple of guys with 3-4X more expensive coilover setups and more tire (305 square RE71R vs my 275 square RE71R). My passenger that run is very fast himself and he was giving the car great feedback as far as how balanced and composed it felt.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to do something I'd been toying with for a while, but if it never happened, I would've been happy. I was able to trade my Corsa Sport catback for a Borla ATAK catback locally. I will say this: there is nothing wrong with the Corsa Sport. It is an amazing exhaust and one that I would recommend highly. I was yearning for a slight uptick in growl/bass without losing the high RPM scream. The ATAK delivers on this. It's probably just a smidge louder at WOT than I want, but it's not as loud as the Xtreme...roughly halfway between the Sport and Xtreme. Overall I'm really happy with it, and just like Corsa, the ATAK delivers absolutely zero drone.
0724191205a.jpg

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ready to ATAK the streets! lol
You can always count on me to be corny. Looks great! Goes well with the guard for sure.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Ahhh I’m a jealous man. Lol. Still looking for that trade locally. Enjoy!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing some of your older exhaust posts, I never thought I'd see you swap out the Corsa setup! Black tips look nice in there too.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing some of your older exhaust posts, I never thought I'd see you swap out the Corsa setup! Black tips look nice in there too.
It was a tough decision. I waffled a lot. But in the end I'm very happy. I kept all the things I loved about the Corsa and gained a few more things. It is just a little less theatrical way up in the rpm range, but the extra rumble and bark in the low and mid is worth it. Very aggressive!

I have to reiterate how much I do love the corsa sport, I guess it was just time for a change.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I decided to do something I'd been toying with for a while, but if it never happened, I would've been happy. I was able to trade my Corsa Sport catback for a Borla ATAK catback locally. I will say this: there is nothing wrong with the Corsa Sport. It is an amazing exhaust and one that I would recommend highly. I was yearning for a slight uptick in growl/bass without losing the high RPM scream. The ATAK delivers on this. It's probably just a smidge louder at WOT than I want, but it's not as loud as the Xtreme...roughly halfway between the Sport and Xtreme. Overall I'm really happy with it, and just like Corsa, the ATAK delivers absolutely zero drone.
0724191205a.jpg
WWHHAAATT? :shock: I'm keeping mine!
Sponsored