Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Hey guys, just found this forum. I wish to get the pipes without a tune. Which option will be the best route?
Praying you can buy a set would be your best option. Not too many places are going to sell you a set without cats right now. I would start calling places right now to see if they are available. Otherwise, find a local shop that will do it for you.
Sponsored

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
Does anybody have a pre and post dyno of the B-Line test pipe (no cats) with stock shorty headers? After looking at the gains from the various long tube header set-ups available I was wondering if most (if not all) of the gain is from the removal of the high cell count, funky exit cap of the OEM cat. There is a thread on here describing some large gains with a 200 count free flow designed cat... no cats and smooth bend should be better right... Just asking

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody have a pre and post dyno of the B-Line test pipe (no cats) with stock shorty headers? After looking at the gains from the various long tube header set-ups available I was wondering if most (if not all) of the gain is from the removal of the high cell count, funky exit cap of the OEM cat. There is a thread on here describing some large gains with a 200 count free flow designed cat... no cats and smooth bend should be better right... Just asking
Good question.... I have been wondering about this myself.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
This is buried in some header and other threads, but my homework has revealed just that. The long tubes are a very nice tuning piece, and give you that last little n'th of a degree, (and add a touch of quality to the sound) but the power is in ditching the cats and the tune. The problem most people probably see is with just the off road pipe, you don't need a tune, thus you're not capitalizing on the whole package. And then there's the issue of sound. No cats is loud. Like a lot of folks have said loud for no good reason loud. So, to each his own. Emissions aside, I'd still alway go high flow cats for a little more quality control to the sound and the smell.
Sponsored