Sponsored

Big Turbo Upgrade Advice

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I think a lot of people are looking for a particular setup per HP with spool considered "list".

Ex. the 5558 is good for 400 on stock, 450 max, spools similar to stock, etc.

I'm looking at an EFR as well and like what CP-E has done with the 8374/TS, but I have to wonder if the 7670 isn't the best for me considering I want to run 400whp until I build the block and then only turn it up to ~500. My consideration is also ensuring I can get the most out without getting into higher stall converters.

I have no question I can get the most out of my power at the track and get the times I want with just 500, so it's really a matter of getting it efficiently.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I think a lot of people are looking for a particular setup per HP with spool considered "list".

Ex. the 5558 is good for 400 on stock, 450 max, spools similar to stock, etc.

I'm looking at an EFR as well and like what CP-E has done with the 8374/TS, but I have to wonder if the 7670 isn't the best for me considering I want to run 400whp until I build the block and then only turn it up to ~500. My consideration is also ensuring I can get the most out without getting into higher stall converters.

I have no question I can get the most out of my power at the track and get the times I want with just 500, so it's really a matter of getting it efficiently.
the cp-e kits will be offered with smaller ERF turbo options.
I selected the 8374 for my future plans to build the block and put down 550-600 at the wheels using the cp-e secondary fuel system

keep in mind, the PTE kit will also be available with various sizes of PTE turbo which is the same kit used on Brad Gusler's car that runs 10.50

all of these kits will be available exclusively through American Muscle:thumbsup:

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I selected the 8374 for my future plans to build the block and put down 550-600 at the wheels using the cp-e secondary fuel system

keep in mind, the PTE kit will also be available with various sizes of PTE turbo which is the same kit used on Brad Gusler's car that runs 10.50

all of these kits will be available exclusively through American Muscle:thumbsup:
Would you guys be providing a solution for someone who has a DD and just be on stock block? I'll probably never touch a track, I have a DD and I just want to be on par with gt

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP

I don't recall, but which turbo is Brad running? I have also been looking at the PTE 6062, both with the twin scroll T4 housing.

I guess I need to just take a long hard look at the turbo's out there.

I want similar spool to stock (a hair later is OK as that helps push the TQ higher in the RPM's and helps with traction and longevity).

I don't want to have to throw in a converter to get the most out of it off the line.

I want power to redline.

Mid 10's is my goal. My suspension setup and driving is pretty efficient so I'm hoping I can get there (in a full weight car) with everything else I want.

There's a lot of wants but I think it is totally doable.

Sponsored

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
I have the 6062 also but I personally wish I went with the 5558... The lag + MT took some of the fun away.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I have the 6062 also but I personally wish I went with the 5558... The lag + MT took some of the fun away.
Where's the boost come on vs the stock turbo? I have an auto so I'm more concerned about off the line, if it's not too bad it might be the ticket for me.

I intend to look at each one much closer but I have a pile of procrastination for grad school sitting here.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Well on WOT runs I get sucked into my seat at ~3300 rpm and hit full boost at ~3900rpm. WOT runs are awesome but for daily driving some of the fun is lost since I have to be mindful of rpm I'm sitting at. 7000miles on this kit and whenever boost hits I sit get pucker effect lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Do you have the twin scroll T4 housing on the 6062 or the T3? I think that's where I may be most intrigued.

What you describe isn't bad at all, seems like those characteristics would be good, possibly better with the T4 housing.

I defer to the turbo experts in that arena, I don't know if it would be worth it or not.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
I have the T3. Yea it's not bad I think my problem is more with the MT than the lag.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sponsored

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
I also went with the MAP kit but with the 5862 ball bearing turbo. Im now working on the Etune from Adam. I love every bit of it, once the tune is where we want it ill be strapping on the sticky tires and seeing if I can't break some things.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
The guys at Moore automotive in Fairfax 703-352-3535
Can help you .Ask for paul or chris .
Is he tuning for this platform?! He is one of the best Evo dudes I have ever met. And he is an awesome mechanic to boot. Super nice to work with.

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
Kazymedic - my friends dave and Isaac both work there. Isaac has mentioned they want to get into doing stuff for the ecoboost stang.
Sponsored