2017 Grabber Blue GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/6spd
UPDATE:

I swapped the fluids last night, took 1.5 hours with 1 hour of drain time to be sure the fluid was out. The trans fluid was warm to the touch upon removal and the install itself was simple. I did make a bit of a mess, as the hose for the pump came off of the pump shaft twice. If my math was correc,t I got 2.7l into the trans without it overflowing out of the fill hole.

Two short drives and here are the impressions:

#1 The transmission is much, much quieter. There is much less gear noise as compared to the factory fluid.

#2 The fluid seemed to be thicker as well, and there was less vibration transmitted through the MGW shifter so far a I could tell. Subjectively there is less vibration, byt that is my .02 on it.

#3 I drove the car around the block to get the fluid circulated and only got the car to 2000rpm. I did follow the instructions and rowed through the gears however. This morning I drove 3.7 miles to include a complete warm up in traffic that happened pretty much when I got the work. The trans shifts better and 90% of the notch was gone by the time I got to work. Hopefully with a full warm up and driving around it will go away. It was 41 degrees outside, and the shifter was no longer brutal like it had been before shifting wise. The MGW cleaned up the shift, the fluid made it smoother so far as I can tell. This weekend I am going to take the car on a longer trip and report back my findings for everybody to review.

So far, I do recommend the fluid swap as it was a simple procedure. The shifting for my short drive was vastly improved, and the 1-2 death-notch is gone once the car is warmed up. Review of full on-road driving will be on Saturday. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE:

I swapped the fluids last night, took 1.5 hours with 1 hour of drain time to be sure the fluid was out. The trans fluid was warm to the touch upon removal and the install itself was simple. I did make a bit of a mess, as the hose for the pump came off of the pump shaft twice. If my math was correc,t I got 2.7l into the trans without it overflowing out of the fill hole.

Two short drives and here are the impressions:

#1 The transmission is much, much quieter. There is much less gear noise as compared to the factory fluid.

#2 The fluid seemed to be thicker as well, and there was less vibration transmitted through the MGW shifter so far a I could tell. Subjectively there is less vibration, byt that is my .02 on it.

#3 I drove the car around the block to get the fluid circulated and only got the car to 2000rpm. I did follow the instructions and rowed through the gears however. This morning I drove 3.7 miles to include a complete warm up in traffic that happened pretty much when I got the work. The trans shifts better and 90% of the notch was gone by the time I got to work. Hopefully with a full warm up and driving around it will go away. It was 41 degrees outside, and the shifter was no longer brutal like it had been before shifting wise. The MGW cleaned up the shift, the fluid made it smoother so far as I can tell. This weekend I am going to take the car on a longer trip and report back my findings for everybody to review.

So far, I do recommend the fluid swap as it was a simple procedure. The shifting for my short drive was vastly improved, and the 1-2 death-notch is gone once the car is warmed up. Review of full on-road driving will be on Saturday. :)
In cold weather, 1-2 is still pretty notchy from cold. Just the nature of this beast I guess. With the BG fluid it's very nice when fully warm, however.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I need to add this to the 'To Do' list before spring....

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Waited on this upgrade long enough! Just ordered the kit.

Hoping to get rid of the notch going into 1st and every once in a while 5th. If it makes the transmission smoother and more quiet that would be an added bonus!

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I just changed the tranny and diff tonight. After about 10 miles, wow, wow and wow. Obviously your not going to completely change the tranny, but dang the shifts are butter smooth and especially I notice the 5-6 shift is much easier. Well worth changing!! And thanks optimum performance for fast shipping, excellent instructions and kit!!

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
BG Syncro Shift II Updated Spec Sheet

So we are happy to announce that officially BG Syncro Shift II now lists The Ford Specification WSS-M2C200-D2 in the spec sheet (attached)

What does this mean as far as warranty implications from using this product? they are now officially non-existent :cheers:

"Compatible and suitable for use where Ford XT-11-QDC (Spec. WSS-M2C200-D2)...are specified."

:thumbsup:
792 Spec Sheet - 2017.jpg

Attachments

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Tommy, did the product change or was the original product just now certified?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Tommy, did the product change or was the original product just now certified?
The Product is the same. I just came across this update in their system last night so I have an email into my rep to find out the details. This update was just released last month.

Other than API certifications and Licensing from say GM, for their Dexos label most of the specifications from Manufacturers are just that. Specifications. If the oil meets the spec. that's the end of it. BG has been in GM and Ford dealer service departments for years and most consumers would not know that the service department used BG or OEM oil unless they specifically asked. Syncro Shift II has always been a universal fluid, so service departments like that simplicity, it avoids screw ups and stocking every specific oil for every model.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Got mine last week and changed it today. What a well put together package. Detailed instructions that I didn't even realize I needed. I love the marked cup so I know exactly how much fluid to put in. Having the pump included means I don't have to clean it. I'll have new one next fluid change. Well done OP.:thumbsup:

I was skeptical that I would notice any difference in the feel of the trans. I noticed a difference. :)

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So we are happy to announce that officially BG Syncro Shift II now lists The Ford Specification WSS-M2C200-D2 in the spec sheet (attached)

What does this mean as far as warranty implications from using this product? they are now officially non-existent :cheers:

"Compatible and suitable for use where Ford XT-11-QDC (Spec. WSS-M2C200-D2)...are specified."

:thumbsup:
Do you know if the same spec applies to the GT350?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Do you know if the same spec applies to the GT350?
No that transmission uses LV ATF :barf: The spec is for ATF (WSS-M97B44-D2)just like the GT500 which used a Tremec and required Mercon V ATF BG suggests Syncro Shift II. BG absolutely will not recommend an ATF for a manual gearbox. The Tremec 3160 in the Shelby is also in the Cadillac ATS which uses Syncro Shift, OE fill is Dexron VI ATF.

So you will never see a an ATF specification on the Syncro Shift Spec Sheet. Two different animals all together. Keep in mind that Syncro Shift came out due to market demand when manufacturers began using ATF in manuals. Yes ATF has great properties that make it add to efficiency of the system but not so ideal for an air cooled GEAR box. The reason newer manuals use similar materials for syncro's as auto's do for clutches is a universal fluid that keeps cost down.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Can you pm me on how/what to buy for my mt82 and stock 373 rear end? I admit I haven't read this whole epic thread lol.
Sponsored