BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No that transmission uses LV ATF :barf: The spec is for ATF (WSS-M97B44-D2)just like the GT500 which used a Tremec and required Mercon V ATF BG suggests Syncro Shift II. BG absolutely will not recommend an ATF for a manual gearbox. The Tremec 3160 in the Shelby is also in the Cadillac ATS which uses Syncro Shift, OE fill is Dexron VI ATF.

So you will never see a an ATF specification on the Syncro Shift Spec Sheet. Two different animals all together. Keep in mind that Syncro Shift came out due to market demand when manufacturers began using ATF in manuals. Yes ATF has great properties that make it add to efficiency of the system but not so ideal for an air cooled GEAR box. The reason newer manuals use similar materials for syncro's as auto's do for clutches is a universal fluid that keeps cost down.
Ok. A good friend has a GT350 on order and he doesn't care for the notchiness of stock, or the MT-82 in the GT. He hasn't driven mine, but I told him that SSII would help substantially, and an MGW if he really wants it to be great.
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Can you pm me on how/what to buy for my mt82 and stock 373 rear end? I admit I haven't read this whole epic thread lol.
LOL You can purchase directly from our WEBSITE

MT82 KIT for the transmission
COMBO KIT for the Transmission and Rear Axle. You also have a choice of 75W-90 or 75W-140 for the rear axle, 90 is fine for most but 140 holds up a little better in the heat for track use. The rear axles run very hot. We run a differential cooler and 140 but also spend time at Daytona. Either one is a step up from the OE fill.

If you go with the COMBO Kit enter M6GCOMBO in the Coupon Field at Checkout :ninja:

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
2.8L bottle $84.95

3 1qrt bottles $74.25

Buying 3 1qrt bottles saves $10.70

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
2.8L bottle $84.95

3 1qrt bottles $74.25

Buying 3 1qrt bottles saves $10.70
3 qts is 3qts.

2.8L Bottle/3 separate Qts(depending on our stock) is part of a kit, that includes a pump, measuring cup and 4 pages of instructions. Because you have to get the oil in the transmission and you can barely see the fill hole :D

Several hundred people preferred the Kit over the $10.70. :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Ok. A good friend has a GT350 on order and he doesn't care for the notchiness of stock, or the MT-82 in the GT. He hasn't driven mine, but I told him that SSII would help substantially, and an MGW if he really wants it to be great.

[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] we have several Forum Members who have been running the SSII in their GT350's. for a while. It's been pretty positive, they are scattered around in the Shelby threads. (Buried) The heat issue for non-cooler cars is the biggest help SSII does but it also makes it shift slightly better and obviously long term having a true manual transmission fluid will pay dividends further up the road.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
3 qts is 3qts.

2.8L Bottle/3 separate Qts(depending on our stock) is part of a kit, that includes a pump, measuring cup and 4 pages of instructions. Because you have to get the oil in the transmission and you can barely see the fill hole :D

Several hundred people preferred the Kit over the $10.70. :shrug:
I didn't see the pump part. Hence why I asked. Could have said that first.

Edit, the pic didn't show up in your last reply and now it is.
Screenshot_20170212-212942.jpg

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Swapped mine over last night, man what a difference! MGW + BG = HEAVEN
BG.jpg

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Tommy, did the product change or was the original product just now certified?
I just wanted to follow up on this after receiving feedback from BG.

BG test's OE products against theirs and confirms that the BG product meets the specifications of the OE Fluid. Ford will not License this spec to anyone. GM sells licensing rights to companies ($$$$$$) to use the Dexos label. That doesn't mean the non-licensed oil does not exceed the spec.

Basically because the Ford Spec for the OE fluid hasn't been out that long (basically only used in the MT82 in any kind of volume that fits the market for SSII) they are now able to invest in the internal qualifications of it and why the official change in the Spec Sheet for Syncro Shift II. We like to think it was due to all of the members on this forum that supported us in the past year ;) Pushing that volume through the roof...

Warranty Implications: You would be protected under federal law under the MM Act. BG SSII meets/exceeds the specifications of the OEM oil. End of story.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just wanted to follow up on this after receiving feedback from BG.

BG test's OE products against theirs and confirms that the BG product meets the specifications of the OE Fluid. Ford will not License this spec to anyone. GM sells licensing rights to companies ($$$$$$) to use the Dexos label. That doesn't mean the non-licensed oil does not exceed the spec.

Basically because the Ford Spec for the OE fluid hasn't been out that long (basically only used in the MT82 in any kind of volume that fits the market for SSII) they are now able to invest in the internal qualifications of it and why the official change in the Spec Sheet for Syncro Shift II. We like to think it was due to all of the members on this forum that supported us in the past year ;) Pushing that volume through the roof...

Warranty Implications: You would be protected under federal law under the MM Act. BG SSII meets/exceeds the specifications of the OEM oil. End of story.
And this is important. I was very hesitant to switch months ago. Not because I thought it wasn't better than the factory fill in every way but because there was nothing of an official nature saying it was at least as good (i.e. met the Ford spec). There are idiots at dealers and manufacturers like in any other business. People have been denied a warranty engine replacement just because they had a catch can and the dealer, out of ignorance, decided it must be the cause because it didn't come with the car. And idiots like even most regular folks will fight tooth and nail to avoid admitting a mistake so it turned into a nightmare for the customer.

Now I can tear up my backup plans to clandestinely replace the BG with factory fluids before the dealer spots it after any failure. I'll just make sure to give them a copy of that BEFORE they do anything so they don't get a chance to jump to a wrong conclusion they'll try to defend.

Last edited:

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
This was why we wanted to make this very public, why we attached the actual spec sheet with the highlighted portion. Although BG always qualified it for any manual transmission since it's inception several years ago, having the Ford Spec on there is icing on the cake.

Informed Consumers do not get taken advantage of. If anyone runs into an issue Ford Service is always a very public tweet away :) With back up from BG on paper.
Sponsored