BG MOA treatment

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I conducted a search and saw that several years ago, there was a brief mention of the opinions of some, who thought BG MOA oil treatment was good and others, who thought it was a scam.

I just changed the oil in my car yesterday and put in 5 quarts of 5W20. I think I’m going to try the BG MOA (at no cost to me) and see what it does for the engine. With the oil capacity being 10 quarts, BG says add 22 ounces of MOA, which is roughly 650 milliliters, so I’ll add that amount with a little over 9 quarts of oil. My mileage is currently at 8500, as the car has been sitting for about a month and a half.

One thing I am hoping will happen, is the chirping noise at idle will disappear. I read where BG talks about the product being good for VCT components, so we shall see over time.

Has anyone been running MOA recently and if so, what are your thoughts on it? Thanks
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does it offer anything above and beyond what Ceartec does (it's just that Ceratec has a good rep for shutting up the tick - if that's your main goal) :like:

WD :like:

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Another vote for CeraTec. Half a bottle is all I needed to keep the tick to a minimum.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does it offer anything above and beyond what Ceartec does (it's just that Ceratec has a good rep for shutting up the tick - if that's your main goal) :like:

WD :like:
My noise is actually a chirping sound (not a tick). BG claims MOA suspends carbon deposits and such in the oil, rather than allowing them to settle and turn to sludge, as well as keep piston rings from gunking up and sticking.

I haven’t looked into Ceratec, but I wouldn’t be opposed to running either product regularly if there’s a benefit to them. This first MOA treatment will be free to me, so I figured, why not give it a try.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like almost every additive, just useless crap shops love to push on people because the profits are high and they are easy to sell. BG's own marketing material tells you that.

BG.png

Sponsored

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Are we talking about the tick yet again?

My car ticks, chirps, rattles as I send it to redline. And I love it.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for posting this! I am going to go ahead and give the BG MOA a go, but I will also be sending the oil off to be analyzed by Blackstone, when it’s due to be changed. I just ordered one of their test kits.

The next two changes following the MOA will be back to the Ford recommended 5W20 (to allow a thorough flush of an y residual oil with MOA in it) and I’ll have it tested again for comparison purposes.

Sponsored

Racin4ds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Start by NOT running 5W20.. .its too damn thin and there is a reason ford did away with that oil viscosity and now suggests 5W30 for normal use and 5W50 for track/extreme duty. Its too thin, and doesn't offer boundary layer protection needed in the Coyote, thats why they tick and make noise!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Start by NOT running 5W20.. .its too damn thin and there is a reason ford did away with that oil viscosity and now suggests 5W30 for normal use and 5W50 for track/extreme duty. Its too thin, and doesn't offer boundary layer protection needed in the Coyote, thats why they tick and make noise!
So you telling me the million so Coyote's ticking away with high miles were all because of oil viscosity? That's Nonsense LOL. Both My Coyote used the approved oil and tick from day one. No issues. Coyote ticks just the nature of the engine, you can quiet it down with additives. I choose to enjoy the symphony it makes to redline instead.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
@Racin4ds beat me to it. Use the newly Ford recommended 5w-30 for street use.

5w-50 has always been the track recommendation.

Racin4ds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So you telling me the million so Coyote's ticking away with high miles were all because of oil viscosity? That's Nonsense LOL. Both My Coyote used the approved oil and tick from day one. No issues. Coyote ticks just the nature of the engine, you can quiet it down with additives. I choose to enjoy the symphony it makes to redline instead.
THey were initially spec'd to use water thin 5W20 (CAFE reasons only) and the wear that occurred caused the tick.. of course once its worn no oil will fix it. I'm a prominent believer that if nothing thinner than 5W30 was used from the get-go we wouldn't have the issue. 8 out of 10 mustang owners run them hard so they should have the 5W50 in them anyway but that hurt MPG's so FORD never really pushed it for sake of fleet economy. I have a 2015 with 119,000 miles on it and it has never had anything other than 5W30-5W50 in it and it doesn't tick whatsoever... ;)
Sponsored