Beware of Lund

Mach9310

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I guess we can’t all have positive experiences. I do have a relatively simple setup though… Whipple 3.0, A10, 1050x, Fore fuel system, 20 Psi, E85. No complaints with Lund what’s so ever. Mid 4 sec capable 60-130mph and 100-150mph car. Drivability is excellent too.
Sponsored

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund insisting the problem is mechanical and not tune...........now way dude, that never happens (sarcasm).

A Trump style move would have been to get PBH on a conference with Lund and let them fight about whether the trans is bad. Oh wait, you can't call Lund on the phone. Nevermind.
Good point why would a tuner not want you to talk to them, def not a fan of that

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good point why would a tuner not want you to talk to them, def not a fan of that
If you’ve ever worked at a performance shop, you quickly find that most people are mentally retarded. It gets old after awhile having to explain why you can and can’t do certain things, especially since a quick google search will tell you what you need to know. Is that a good excuse for bad customer service? No.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I guess I can see both sides. Wengard has been doing a great job on my car and many others. I'm not sure I've ever seen a complaint about his tunes and he is very responsive through email, but you cannot have a conversation with him on the phone. In some scenarios, electronic communication just isn't effective and will lead to frustration, but I can understand how it would be difficult to get tuning done if you had to spend all day on the phone with every customer that wants to tell their life story.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
If you’ve ever worked at a performance shop, you quickly find that most people are mentally retarded. It gets old after awhile having to explain why you can and can’t do certain things, especially since a quick google search will tell you what you need to know. Is that a good excuse for bad customer service? No.
Trust me, its not just performance shop customers....

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just to add an option. Shaun at AED has been great to work with the past 3 years. Quick with email replies. Builds engines also so a one stop shop for those in Northern California

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just to add an option. Shaun at AED has been great to work with the past 3 years. Quick with email replies. Builds engines also so a one stop shop for those in Northern California
Agrees he's a wizard on this platform. Excellent performance and service.

2020VUDU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
My rule when it comes to tuners, if a tuner has more than five complaints; walk away. It’s no longer an exception to the rule.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
LUND is getting too cocky. They have a phucking moron repping them ( Alex Flores ), and if u ain't willing to spend 1000's on them, they don't care about you. Actually even if you do they still don't ha-ha.

LUND tunes for the average guy SUCKS. But they're more than happy to take your hard earned $$.

Sponsored

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
My rule when it comes to tuners, if a tuner has more than five complaints; walk away. It’s no longer an exception to the rule.
Agreed. The shop that installed my Pro Charger did an excellent job (as they should have seeing how they are an authorized dealer), but when we started playing around with LT headers and increasing the boost, and flex tune stuff, the tuner they use (that comes in part time and does all customer tuning) fucked my tune up. Had no idea about S550's or Coyotes. Picked my car up sputtering and throwing codes, backfiring and lurching. I was past the point of no return, so I had to make it home. Called the owner of the shop (and I was heated as fuck), he said of course he'd make it right, and he paid for Palm Beach Dyno to fix the tune. They crushed it (in a positive way) as they should have, because that's what they do! I'm the only car in this shop that uses Palm Beach. The other cars use this BS tuner, and all he knows is non muscle car engine tuning.

The shop is excellent, and the mechanics have skills and nice hands but if your tune ain't right, you are doomed.

Since we got PBD involved any and everything else I wanted to do, or that was suggested to make more efficient power, PBD does the revision tune.

After they did the E85 and 93 Octane tune, they told the owner that there was still plenty of HP to gain with pulleying down again and getting more boost. We did and that put me in the 700hp wheel and mid 500 tq range. Car runs flawless.

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
I guess I can see both sides. Wengard has been doing a great job on my car and many others. I'm not sure I've ever seen a complaint about his tunes and he is very responsive through email, but you cannot have a conversation with him on the phone. In some scenarios, electronic communication just isn't effective and will lead to frustration, but I can understand how it would be difficult to get tuning done if you had to spend all day on the phone with every customer that wants to tell their life story.
+1 for Wengerd. Had some initial tech issues and he remoted into my PC and helped with the initial set-up. No issues since.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That YouTube channel is enough for me to never consider using Lund.

Edit: My above comment was based on one small clip I had seen in the past. I knew better than to click on the link and listen from 22 to 26 minutes, but like the train wreck it was.... Just couldn't help myself. Why would any business owner allow something like this representing their business?
Agree, not a great look

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
how bout this.

🤦

0C4BD7ED-4BF4-4C6B-931B-E790E36C977C.jpeg

Rockytop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I was torn between wengerd and lund for a while I wound up going with wengerd. After reading all this I kinda feel like I dodged a bullet. I couldn’t be happier with the way my cars running now.
Sponsored